Coordinators

Beck has to go at a minimum. Our offense has no identity and they haven't recruited to an identity. This up-tempo BS isn't working either. Why do we go no-huddle just to have the center stand over the ball for 30 seconds? This scheme isn't working on a consistent basis. Let's slow the game down, give our Defense rest and back to physical and efficient football.

Paps is just a puppet which means he is wasted salary. Get rid of him and bring in someone to run the Defense so Bo can be the manager.

For Bo, I think if he wins out he will get another chance at rebuilding. One more loss it's 50-50, two more and I think he's done. Even if he stays, I'm not sure the administration allows him to hire the new coordinators.

Bo won't fire anyone. I both respect him and hate him for that. Having a winning season even against a horrible schedule will reinforce his resistance to change.

If he doesn't make drastic changes then he will probably be the one to go. I would have to think the Boosters are getting fed up and not that they are always right, they do pay for a lot. Bo is really backed up against the wall here, I don't think he can afford no action.

True, but Callahan didn't do anything either. Fire Cosgrove and he might have survived another year.

The similarities between now and then are scary.

Beck has to go at a minimum. Our offense has no identity and they haven't recruited to an identity. This up-tempo BS isn't working either. Why do we go no-huddle just to have the center stand over the ball for 30 seconds? This scheme isn't working on a consistent basis. Let's slow the game down, give our Defense rest and back to physical and efficient football.

Paps is just a puppet which means he is wasted salary. Get rid of him and bring in someone to run the Defense so Bo can be the manager.

For Bo, I think if he wins out he will get another chance at rebuilding. One more loss it's 50-50, two more and I think he's done. Even if he stays, I'm not sure the administration allows him to hire the new coordinators.

Bo won't fire anyone. I both respect him and hate him for that. Having a winning season even against a horrible schedule will reinforce his resistance to change.

If he doesn't make drastic changes then he will probably be the one to go. I would have to think the Boosters are getting fed up and not that they are always right, they do pay for a lot. Bo is really backed up against the wall here, I don't think he can afford no action.

True, but Callahan didn't do anything either. Fire Cosgrove and he might have survived another year.

The similarities between now and then are scary.

I compare it more to 2002 with Solich. Bo's in a situation where, depending on how we close out this season, that he will have to seriously reeveluate the perfomance of friends who he's coached with for a long time. Now if we win out or just lose one more game, I think everyone's safe. We have some legit excuses on offense with all the injuries and all, but Beck still needs to create an identity. And when we did what we shouldve all day today, and held on to the ball, we made that big bad defense look flat out silly at times. The defense has made great strides. No questioning the potential on that side of the ball.

One things for sure folks. We're at a fork in the road regarding the direction of the program. You cant hang in purgatory forever. In anything in life, you jsut dont stay stagnant forever. You either start to progress or regress. And I believe right now we're at that point.

These threads couldn't be dumber.

I suppose Tim Beck does need to stop calling those fumbled snap plays. And those ones where Tommy throws behind the WR. Oh and the one where Westy drops the return.

Defense. What more could you ask of them?

Not to give up 41 points. Or letting them convert over half of their third downs.

Coaches are responsible for the substandard mental readiness and lack of discipline their team shows. Unless I was that drunk in the late 90's and forgot the part where Tom Osborne blamed a player for not executing his brilliant gameplan.

You don't watch a lot of football do you?

Our defense didn't give up 41 points.

Yeah, they did.

Sure the offense put them in bad positions but they gave those points up. Every. Single. One.

Excusing the defense for that is fine, but then you need to admit Nebraska sucks. Because they suck. Hard.

You are being completely unreasonable if you honestly put 41 points on the defense. How about our freshman QB not give MSU the ball inside our own ten twice that lead to 14 points? You can't be serious by blaming that on the defense. 24 points off of our turnovers. Was the offensive play calling perfect? By no means. I was shouting at the top of my lungs when we ran a slow developing read play with the slowest RB on our roster. But dear Lord there is no way you can honestly say that our defense is responsible for giving up 41 points.

These threads couldn't be dumber.

I suppose Tim Beck does need to stop calling those fumbled snap plays. And those ones where Tommy throws behind the WR. Oh and the one where Westy drops the return.

Defense. What more could you ask of them?

Not to give up 41 points. Or letting them convert over half of their third downs.

Coaches are responsible for the substandard mental readiness and lack of discipline their team shows. Unless I was that drunk in the late 90's and forgot the part where Tom Osborne blamed a player for not executing his brilliant gameplan.

You don't watch a lot of football do you?

Our defense didn't give up 41 points.

Yeah, they did.

Sure the offense put them in bad positions but they gave those points up. Every. Single. One.

Excusing the defense for that is fine, but then you need to admit Nebraska sucks. Because they suck. Hard.

You are being completely unreasonable if you honestly put 41 points on the defense. How about our freshman QB not give MSU the ball inside our own ten twice that lead to 14 points? You can't be serious by blaming that on the defense. 24 points off of our turnovers. Was the offensive play calling perfect? By no means. I was shouting at the top of my lungs when we ran a slow developing read play with the slowest RB on our roster. But dear Lord there is no way you can honestly say that our defense is responsible for giving up 41 points.

Was the offense playing at any point when the MSU offense was?

I get what you're saying about the offense but I'm not particularly interested in paring this loss apart. This team shat itself in a big game and it lost. Again

Not disagreeing with you there. The frustraiting part for me is I truly think we were more talented and a better team top to bottom. But we made way too many mistakes to honestly claim that we deserved to win this one.

We just racked up a ton of yards (and should have been more yards and points) against "the nation's best defense. We had more rushing yards on one play than they were giving up on average in whole conference games. That all happened with an OL held together by duct tape and super glue. We had two walk-on wide receivers playing the majority of the game because we are so banged up.

Did they ever say what happened to Alonzo Moore? That would really suck to lose him. Jamal Turner would have helped a ton today.

Not disagreeing with you there. The frustraiting part for me is I truly think we were more talented and a better team top to bottom. But we made way too many mistakes to honestly claim that we deserved to win this one.

We just racked up a ton of yards (and should have been more yards and points) against "the nation's best defense. We had more rushing yards on one play than they were giving up on average in whole conference games. That all happened with an OL held together by duct tape and super glue. We had two walk-on wide receivers playing the majority of the game because we are so banged up.

Did they ever say what happened to Alonzo Moore? That would really suck to lose him. Jamal Turner would have helped a ton today.

He walked off without a limp. Should be ok.

I fire Bo. Things are subpar because of Bo not the coordinators.

Doesn't matter who the ACs are, the HC keeps them accountable. Bo hasn't gotten the job done. Enough of the scapegoating.

Yep that Bo Pelini just can't hang on to the ball. If it weren't for him we wouldn't have had a turnover.

We've been negative TO margin 5 out of 6 years under Bo. -28 in TO margin in his 6 years. Sloppy. Don't pretend it's just one game.

This. A million times this.

To suggest that the fumbles, muffed punts, dropped passes, etc. have nothing to do with the coaching staff and their effect on these kids is ridiculous in light of the fact that these mistakes happen again and again.

Doesn't matter who the ACs are, the HC keeps them accountable. Bo hasn't gotten the job done. Enough of the scapegoating.

Yep that Bo Pelini just can't hang on to the ball. If it weren't for him we wouldn't have had a turnover.

We've been negative TO margin 5 out of 6 years under Bo. -28 in TO margin in his 6 years. Sloppy. Don't pretend it's just one game.

To suggest that the fumbles, muffed punts, dropped passes, etc. have nothing to do with the coaching staff and their effect on these kids is ridiculous in light of the fact that these mistakes happen again and again.

If you watched any of the small little clips on the news from spring and fall ball you would know that holding the football was a huge emphasis.

If this were a black and white issue it wouldn't be up for debate. But the fact of the matter is that there is only so much coaching that can be done and at some point you have to put the responsibility on the ball carrier. They go hand in hand. To me, the question is at what point do you blame which party?

Agreed. It is excessive year in year out. (O-line is better in terms of penalties. Thanks Garrison) Otherwise it never seems to end . :(

If you watched any of the small little clips on the news from spring and fall ball you would know that holding the football was a huge emphasis.

If this were a black and white issue it wouldn't be up for debate. But the fact of the matter is that there is only so much coaching that can be done and at some point you have to put the responsibility on the ball carrier. They go hand in hand. To me, the question is at what point do you blame which party?

Well,

If they really did dedicate so much of their coaching expertise to solving the problem and they couldn't.................

Well,

If they really did dedicate so much of their coaching expertise to solving the problem and they couldn't.................

Can you will a player to hold onto the football?

If a division 1 coach making three million dollars, with his hand picked assistants, can't teach his hand picked players to not drop the ball then they're sh**ty teachers.

Well,

Can you will a player to hold onto the football?

If a division 1 coach making three million dollars, with his hand picked assistants, can't teach his hand picked players to not drop the ball then they're sh**ty teachers.

I disagree.