National Champion Coaches Facts. (BCS Era)

I was reading another thread and.....well multiple threads, and everyone has been comparing Bo to TO and how its the same situation TO was in early on. Whatever.

Anyway. I did some research and anyway I will just list out what I have found, and you guys can discuss or not discuss...Take it FWIW

1998 - Tenn (Fulmer, Year 7 at school)

1999 - FSU (Bowden, Year 24)

2000 - Oklahoma (Stoops, Year 2)

2001 - Miami (Coker, Year 1)

2002 - Ohio State (Tressel, Year 2)

2003 - LSU (Saban, Year 4)

2004 - USC (Carroll, Year 4)

2005 - Vince Young (Brown, Year 8)

2006 - Florida (Meyer, Year 2)

2007 - LSU (Miles, Year 2)

2008 - Florida (Meyer, Year 4)

2009 - Alabama (Saban, Year 3)

2010 - Auburn (Chizik, Year 2)

2011 - Bama (Saban, Year 5)

2012 - Bama (Saban, Year 6)

*2013 - Bama/FSU/Ohio St (Saban Y7, Fisher Y4, Meyer Y2)

Discuss.

Please re-do the list to indicate how many years as a head coach, not just at the program of choice. That MIGHT actually make for some good discussion, because this list doesn't.

Why? that list shows that almost all BCS era coaches win a title in their first 4 years at their current school, or they most likely wont.

Please re-do the list to indicate how many years as a head coach, not just at the program of choice. That MIGHT actually make for some good discussion, because this list doesn't.

Not so sure about that, big cat. There's something to be said for Urban's ability to inherit a shitshow 6-6 team and start out 43-0 or whatever it is.

Of course the time it takes coaches to "learn on the job" is important so looking at the list with respect to total years as a HC is important. But it's still a damn important perspective to look at how long it takes at a specific school.

Is there another Saban or Meyer out there, big cat?

Short answer is yes. they are simply just waiting to be hired in the new school so they can win within four years.

basically, in four years, we would have seen a new great coach that will do more with less than the coaches we currently have.

How do i know? I'm glad you asked. i know because it happens Every. Single. Year.

• Fire 1

Is there another Saban or Meyer out there, big cat?

Saban wasnt Saban before LSU. Les Miles wasnt super special at Oklahoma State before being at LSU either. Carrol was thought to be a bad hire when he was announced also. What we do know is out guy isnt getting it done.

So they weren't special until they landed in recruiting hotbeds? I'm sure all their success was clean, too.