Why TA instead of RKIII?

Because we know TA is part of the future and RKIII has been a lifelong husker living his dream. The more RKIII plays, the more the staff thinks TA will want to transfer due to lack of playing time. RKIII isn't going anywhere and would not sacrifice the team.

I'm not saying Kellogg would have have been any better against Michigan State, but I do know he has earned the chance to play more than he has.

It's a shame it's come down to feelings as opposed to winning football games. TA was lost the MSU game there was no reason he should have been in there the whole game.

I don't want to call you out or sound like a jacka$$, but there's been countless threads covering this the past few weeks. Not only that, every football thread becomes a argument over the coaching staff and the QB situation. Quite frankly a lot of people are tired of it, so don't take it personal if this thread gets gif bombed.

I personally disagree with getting RKIII more playing time. TA definitely is going through growing pains, and had a really rough game last Saturday. But, TA has done well leading the Huskers on scoring drives only to then be yanked to give RKIII a shot. This hurts continuity IMHO. The Michigan game is a perfect example. Nebraska scored on two of it's first three drives with TA, they then put RKIII in for a drive.

We didn't score again until the fourth quarter.

Like I said, TA is struggling, and RKIII is the better thrower. But, TA gains more and offers more to the offense when he's not turning the ball over.

I think that RKIII brings more to the passing game and 2 minute drill. I think that TA, much like Martinez, while no Peyton Maning can throw well enough to keep D's slightly honest. Couple that with TA's ability to run and he is a more "complete" QB for our system. Not that he is more polished, just able to run more of the O, IMO, than RKIII. However, in our bowl against Arizona, IMO, Lee was more than serviceable in that game as a runner.

Had RKIII played more against MSU, I think their D would have really keyed on AA as the only run threat we had. They could have sold out completely to stop him.

TA is the future, RKIII is not. Unless it means winning or losing, I would try and ride TA for the rest of the year. I have no issue with RKIII getting time he is the definition of team player. I just wish the staff could do it in such a way as to not stall our momentum. One thing about throwing TA to the wolves is he will be vastly improved by next year. It will allow the staff to truly evaluate his strengths and weaknesses and address them in the off season as well as tailor the O around them (giving the staff credit they actually evaluate stuff!).

I hate to say it, but our limited success with a broken OL, new QB and young D really bodes well for the future. I am anxious for next season to get here.

I think that RKIII brings more to the passing game and 2 minute drill. I think that TA, much like Martinez, while no Peyton Maning can throw well enough to keep D's slightly honest. Couple that with TA's ability to run and he is a more "complete" QB for our system. Not that he is more polished, just able to run more of the O, IMO, than RKIII. However, in our bowl against Arizona, IMO, Lee was more than serviceable in that game as a runner.

Had RKIII played more against MSU, I think their D would have really keyed on AA as the only run threat we had. They could have sold out completely to stop him.

Our QB's are averaging 3 yards a carry this year. TA's longest run is 15 yards. I don't think defenses are worried about him running as much as we think they are. I think Abdullah gets the same amount of rushing and we actually complete some passes if RKIII was in there.

To me it's not about ability. It seems like TA is given 1 or 2 reads and he's throwing the ball to one of those reads despite either being open. Ronnie who is better at reading coverages has more options at his disposal. To me it's just the ability of a 5th year seniors ability to read coverages as well as being given more options in play calling in the passing game and not TA being deficient physically in the passing game.

Our QB's are averaging 3 yards a carry this year. TA's longest run is 15 yards. I don't think defenses are worried about him running as much as we think they are. I think Abdullah gets the same amount of rushing and we actually complete some passes if RKIII was in there.

I should have said ability to run the option within our system. I am hoping another year after knee surgery, he will be quicker and more confident in the repair. (not saying he is not)

I should have said ability to run the option within our system. I am hoping another year after knee surgery, he will be quicker and more confident in the repair. (not saying he is not)

I don't disagree with you on that. I just look at the game Saturday and wonder what would have happened had Kellogg started the 2nd half. Remember, the last time he was on the field, he completed the hail mary. Fans would have been excited. Maybe we rally? Guess we'll never know.

With 3 games to go in the season and Kellogg graduating/moving on from his playing days at NU, I would say it is still not a controversy.

With 4 to go we still had a great shot at the BIG championship game, so I think some urgency to mix things up a bit could have come in handy against MSU. I don't really care who they start now, we can't get the the title game.

I think worrying about a kid transferring is the last thing on the list. If he is not committed to being here, get the Fruit out. I do not think Tommy fits into that category.

I have felt all along that III should have gotten the starts, he brings more to the table with Ameer, in my

opinion. But Tommy is the future, so I have no problems with him getting the starts and the most time. After

Taylor went down, it became more of building process to the coaches I think. A lot of good will come from this season if Tommy wins the starting job next year.