I figured out my fear...

Amac3309

My fear?

That I'm never gonna get caught up in the football section if new threads like this keep popping up. Seriously. I have unread threads backed up to page 3 right now. How am i supposed to get that done if everytime I read one, a new thread shows up and 3 or 4 others get bumped? Damn it people. Give me an hour will ya.

The only job Bo really wanted was Ohio St. Seriously. He'd give the world for that job. And there's nothing wrong with that. There were also a couple more legit talks, but they were nothing more than a middle finger to Perlman. The rest were nothing more than the implicating of a name by whatever media source threw it out there.

I'm also 100% confident that he completely believed Gene Smith and E. Gordon Gee were waiting down the hall with a contract already in-hand after the 2011 tOSU game and were just waiting for him to wrap up taping his post-game show to take him on a private plane to Columbus. Guy just has that special combination of meglomania, complete and total lack of self-awareness, and stupid to swallow that type of pie-in-the-sky hook, line, and sinker.

Whatever dude. You should just get to steppin' right now, mr. insightful. :rolleyes:

Do you really believe that Account? I would assume he had to have permission to talk with any other program, that was never announced or stated that I remember. My guess is that the way Bo knuckled under, after the A&M game he understood who signed his pay checks and who allowed him to have the job he has. If he did try to piss off Pearlman, and did it, not good down the road. My guess is that Pearlman is upset with Tom for covering the audio thing up, and that thorn is still there. I have heard, that there are several big boosters quite upset over that. I do not have the slightest idea if enough to make a change. But like I said, IMHO, if Bo is gone, it is going to have a lot to do with his actions, not just his wins or losses.

I think he deserves one more year, because of the injuries and the way the team seemed to improve the last three games. But if there is a coach that is a proven winner, that wants to come to Nebraska, I think that idea will be entertained.

We as die hard fans, more so than most Nebraska fans, see a hard working, dedicated man that to me is more common than most coaches. Being a Marine I have heard the words, seen the actions pretty much on a daily basis, but most fans don't, and do not expect it from a position of authority. I live in SoCal, am very obvious as a Nebraska fan, the huge window decal on my pick up, normally a Husker shirt and sometimes a cap. I talk to a lot of older people I would say, 45 and up and almost every one wants Bo to go. Very seldom to I run into a fan that follows as closely as this group does, and if I do, that person has a wait and see attitude. More supportive than the normal fan by far.

But the AD and Chancellor have to deal with the real fan, not the fanatic. I really do not know where we are with them, from what I see, Bo is not on solid ground. It may be totally different in Nebraska.

Do you really believe that Account? I would assume he had to have permission to talk with any other program, that was never announced or stated that I remember. My guess is that the way Bo knuckled under, after the A&M game he understood who signed his pay checks and who allowed him to have the job he has. If he did try to piss off Pearlman, and did it, not good down the road. My guess is that Pearlman is upset with Tom for covering the audio thing up, and that thorn is still there. I have heard, that there are several big boosters quite upset over that. I do not have the slightest idea if enough to make a change. But like I said, IMHO, if Bo is gone, it is going to have a lot to do with his actions, not just his wins or losses.

I think he deserves one more year, because of the injuries and the way the team seemed to improve the last three games. But if there is a coach that is a proven winner, that wants to come to Nebraska, I think that idea will be entertained.

We as die hard fans, more so than most Nebraska fans, see a hard working, dedicated man that to me is more common than most coaches. Being a Marine I have heard the words, seen the actions pretty much on a daily basis, but most fans don't, and do not expect it from a position of authority. I live in SoCal, am very obvious as a Nebraska fan, the huge window decal on my pick up, normally a Husker shirt and sometimes a cap. I talk to a lot of older people I would say, 45 and up and almost every one wants Bo to go. Very seldom to I run into a fan that follows as closely as this group does, and if I do, that person has a wait and see attitude. More supportive than the normal fan by far.

But the AD and Chancellor have to deal with the real fan, not the fanatic. I really do not know where we are with them, from what I see, Bo is not on solid ground. It may be totally different in Nebraska.

No arguement with the bold. Pretty spot on.

As far as what I believe, when Bo was implicated in the Miami search, remember that Osborne was asked about and knew nothing of it either. I seriously doubt Bo really wanted to go to Miami. I've since heard also that he put out some feelers as basically just what has been said-a way to get a raise or piss of the big guy. But the Ohio St job he truly wanted. No doubts about that.

The only job Bo really wanted was Ohio St. Seriously. He'd give the world for that job. And there's nothing wrong with that. There were also a couple more legit talks, but they were nothing more than a middle finger to Perlman. The rest were nothing more than the implicating of a name by whatever media source threw it out there.

I'm also 100% confident that he completely believed Gene Smith and E. Gordon Gee were waiting down the hall with a contract already in-hand after the 2011 tOSU game and were just waiting for him to wrap up taping his post-game show to take him on a private plane to Columbus. Guy just has that special combination of meglomania, complete and total lack of self-awareness, and stupid to swallow that type of pie-in-the-sky hook, line, and sinker.

Whatever dude. You should just get to steppin' right now, mr. insightful. :rolleyes:

Oooh, the "If you don't like Pelini, you're a bad fan!" meme. That took long.

Look, bro, I get it it, when Pelini inevitably gets fired, not only because the guy is raging jackass, but also because his performance in his position has been the definition of mediocre, it's really gonna hurt you. Those "BOKNOWS" vanity plates you managed to score are gonna look ridiculous. That signed Pelini lithograph you're wife bought you for Xmas back in 2010 is just gonna be sad reminder of all those B1G titles and MNCs that could've been had all those pesky NU fans just been patient and given Pelini the decades he needs to finally get over the hump of tackling Goliaths like Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan State. Thoughts and prayers for you, man.

Look, bro, I get it it, when Pelini inevitably gets fired, not only because the guy is raging jackass, but also because his performance in his position has been the definition of mediocre, it's really gonna hurt you. Those "BOKNOWS" vanity plates you managed to score are gonna look ridiculous. That signed Pelini lithograph you're wife bought you for Xmas back in 2010 is just gonna be sad reminder of all those B1G titles and MNCs that could've been had all those pesky NU fans just been patient and given the Pelini the decades he needs to finally get over the hump of tackling Goliaths like Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan State. Thoughts and prayers for you, man.

i didnt even read this. All I have to say is you can say what you want to say without being a disrespectful little tool. You jonied here TODAY. sh#t like your total asshattery commentary dont fly here.

• Fire 1

I totally believe that, and would not blame in the slightest. It would be like me being offered a job in the recruiting department at Nebraska. I am pretty set here, but I would take that job in an instant, and take what ever pay cut I had to!!!!!

I think he played us for more money. I really do not believe there was a serious offer anywhere. I do not believe he could buy a job at a major program now.

My guess is, if any of the names that have been mentioned, IE Peterson, Richt or Tressel are truly interested at this time, Bo is likely gone. I would guess, Tressel would be the most likely. I could deal with that, as when I look at him, I just see Tom standing there.

But if we retain Bo, there has to be improvement next year. No excuses, injuries or not. Most new head coaches do not get 7 years to be a real winning program.

I totally believe that, and would not blame in the slightest. It would be like me being offered a job in the recruiting department at Nebraska. I am pretty set here, but I would take that job in an instant, and take what ever pay cut I had to!!!!!

I think he played us for more money. I really do not believe there was a serious offer anywhere. I do not believe he could buy a job at a major program now.

My guess is, if any of the names that have been mentioned, IE Peterson, Richt or Tressel are truly interested at this time, Bo is likely gone. I would guess, Tressel would be the most likely. I could deal with that, as when I look at him, I just see Tom standing there.

But if we retain Bo, there has to be improvement next year. No excuses, injuries or not. Most new head coaches do not get 7 years to be a real winning program.

+1

Look, bro, I get it it, when Pelini inevitably gets fired, not only because the guy is raging jackass, but also because his performance in his position has been the definition of mediocre, it's really gonna hurt you. Those "BOKNOWS" vanity plates you managed to score are gonna look ridiculous. That signed Pelini lithograph you're wife bought you for Xmas back in 2010 is just gonna be sad reminder of all those B1G titles and MNCs that could've been had all those pesky NU fans just been patient and given the Pelini the decades he needs to finally get over the hump of tackling Goliaths like Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan State. Thoughts and prayers for you, man.

i didnt even read this. All I have to say is you can say what you want to say without being a disrespectful little tool. You jonied here TODAY. sh#t like your total asshattery commentary dont fly here.

I've seen your work before...good stuff.

itg01_3790.jpg

Amen. +1. I have never once before felt this desperate need for the ignore function. Can anybody tell me where it is cause this guy is seriously making me stupider for reading his sh#t.

LMAO at anyone who thinks any BCS AQ school (aside from Kansas, Indiana, or a school from the AAC) would touch Pelini with a 100' pole. Lots of ADs out there working overtime to land walking P.R. disasters who can't lose fewer than four games per year.

Yeah, that whole Jack Hoffman thing, UCLA player tribute, and Penn State prayer...they just made us look horrible, didn't they?

• Fire 1

LMAO at anyone who thinks any BCS AQ school (aside from Kansas, Indiana, or a school from the AAC) would touch Pelini with a 100' pole. Lots of ADs out there working overtime to land walking P.R. disasters who can't lose fewer than four games per year.

Yeah, that whole Jack Hoffman thing, UCLA player tribute, and Penn State prayer...they just made us look horrible, didn't they?

Yeah, Bo's a selfish prick. He would never put someone before himseof. If he doesnt start winning more games he will be proven to be a money hungry asshat!

Yikes, my new biggest fear is that we all forget there is an actual game to be decided tomorrow. And that sumbitch Bo better win or its curtains for him! And I better say *sarcasm*

"I came here to win a national championship and win (presumably conference) championships." That quote sound familiar?

While all the stuff you listed surely just warms your little Husker heart on a cold autumn day, they have nothing to do with whether the current head coach should get a seventh year to prove he's incapable of losing less than four games a season and accepting any personal responsibility for his own failure to do so. Intramurals are on the left, brother

"I came here to win a national championship and win (presumably conference) championships." That quote sound familiar?

While all the stuff you listed surely just warms your little Husker heart on a cold autumn day, they have nothing to do with whether the current head coach should get a seventh year to prove he's incapable of losing less than four games a season and accepting any personal responsibility for his own failure to do so. Intramurals are on the left, brother

Are you even a fan or are you just here to stir sh#t up?

Are you even a fan or are you just here to stir sh#t up?

I'm a fan of the program, just not the direction it's headed in or the guy in charge. I fail to understand how both those concepts existing simultaneously causes such cognitive dissonance for most NU fans, although I hardly find it surprising anymore.