Don't be Foolish: Keep the Man

I think that he needs to be judged on the totality of his work. Not just one game or getting pi$$ed in a press conference. If folks were treating me like a punk, I would lash out the same way. All folks have focused on the past 5 weeks is will Bo be fired. No matter how much he loves the program, it had to way on him. I'd b fighting mad as well.

I am not saying that there doesn't need to be expectations lined out going forward, staff doesn't need to be sent packing and practice regimes don't need to be changed, but firing Bo might put us back to 2004 or right back to 9 wins and losses. We know what we have with Bo and there has been improvement. I think this is from him taking a more direct role in the D. Paps and beck, IMO are lost and a detriment going forward. Bo fights to keep them, good for him. I respect the loyalty, I really do, but this is a business. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions. Is he more loyal to NU or friends......

Agree that this season, Saban couldn't have won with the patch work O we put on the field since the start of B1G play. Unsure how RKIII would look behind our original line, but he looked rough with the current one.

Unsure who makes the decision on ST or who plays at RB. ST has stunk all year and it was crazy to burn the shirt of Newby for his crap carries. Not to mention, today A was broken down and the staff (Beck?, Brown?) really didn't seem to want to try and get another back in the rotation.

The man is paid a whole lot of money not to embarrass the program. It wasn't just the interviews, it was the fact he almost punched out a ref. I don't care how mad you get at the referees, you simply can not take a swing at the guy. And now we are relevant....for all the wrong reasons. The clips of Bo's antics during the game and after are headlining ESPN.

Now no longer replying to that statement. If he was winning, it was be easy to forgive him. But his on field product has been mediocre as well.

I know a lot of people really like Bo, and on a fundamental compassion-for-others level, I feel for what the man and his players are going through right now. But this simply cannot continue. Pelini's relationship with the fanbase has soured so quickly, created such an atmosphere of hostility between all factions on all sides, that the simplest solution here is probably best.

A fresh start.

• Fire 1

ku-xlarge.gif

this is what nebraska is known for. our football is totally irrelevent, but Bo is on sportcenter for his antics.

If he'd won, it would just be a quirky part of his personality. A 10-2 coach can get away with stuff like that

Yes he would, but his team on the field isn't up to par either. So when you act crazy, and your team is bad there's really not much the guy has going for him.

honest to god, how can anyone still defend bo?

the best so far is that they do not want to pay his buyout and that it is, for reasons unknown to everyone, impossible to replace a 9 win coach. both terrible defenses for keeping a coach at what was once an elite program.

also, really funny how bo gets a pass because of injuries, yet we still need to replace coordinators who had to work with those very same players. so we would have been so much better without the injuries, but the coordinators are still the problem? how can it be both?

• Fire 2

Everything that caused this loss has been at fault for damned near every loss in the last 6 years. I guess you are happy being Iowa, if you are happy/content with where the program is, just go be an Iowa fan, or a Cubs fan. We are at the point where there are glaring systematic issues with the program that Bo and Co are either incapable, or unwilling to change. As long as he's here we can forget about adding anything to the trophy room, or even being relevant on the college football scene.

Bo's beat up team needed a hefty amount of good fortune to edge a Penn State team that was pounded decimated by sanctions.

Bo's beat up team needed a hefty amount of good fortune to edge a Northwestern team that was (is?) winless in the conference.

Bo's beat up team . . .

Excuses are like a$$hole$: Everyone's got at least one.

Good post. Really brought a lot to the discussion.

My sarcas-o-meter is going nuts! Hello, Houston?

I know a lot of people really like Bo, and on a fundamental compassion-for-others level, I feel for what the man and his players are going through right now. But this simply cannot continue. Pelini's relationship with the fanbase has soured so quickly, created such an atmosphere of hostility between all factions on all sides, that the simplest solution here is probably best.

A fresh start.

Right on the money, in my opinion.