Will Bo leave on his own?

ladyhawke

The only way Bo leaves, is if he can get it together next year. Put us in the playoff and gets a better offer. Now that might happen, and it might not, but taking a coordinator job in the NFL is not going to fit his style of living for the last 6 years. Hard to step that far back on your own it would seem.

I do not see us getting to a playoff position next year. Therefore Bo is going to be here until we fire him. I am less of a fan than before yesterday, still not much of one either way. He has to make some inroads to being a good head coach. He is not near being one now. He maybe able to, but after 6 years he is pretty much the same hot head he was in 2003.

I could see him leaving a under a medical situation. The stress he is under, with his emotional state could lead to that being a way out. I do not think he truly wants to be here anymore, but does not want to walk away from a 3 million dollar a year job. Who would. He is here because of the money as he has continuously looked for the better job offer according to some on the board. I doubt any have ever offered him, but that is just my opinion.

He will be here for awhile LadyHawk. Not sure if that is good or bad yet. Next year will be my last of supporting him, and I mean financially. Still love the team, just not how they are spending the money I send in every year.

The administration says he is the man. Tom says he is. I will not question that this year so to speak, but things must be different next year. A lot different.

Congrats on the grandchild. They are great, spoilem rotten, send them home!!!

This all just makes me so sad. I'm forever the optimist so I'm going to hold out for a great year next year. Anything is possible. I mean, we won at the Big House, we won in Happy Valley, we really could have won every game we played this year. I keep imagining what it would've been like had Taylor and the rest of the team been healthy. Those boys work so hard! I do wish that we could have some changes in staff but Bo is so loyal, unless those coaches have other offers I don't see that changing. THAT is what concerns me the most. But, none of us know what the administration will tell Bo when he goes in for his annual review. They may give him an ultimatum like they did Callahan. He wouldn't fire Cosgrove and he was gone.

Anyway, one can only hope. And to the other posters, I understand where you're coming from. It IS an embarrassment to look at our program now compared to where we were back in the day. I was listening to the Legends program on KFAB yesterday and Mike Rozier was on. Wow. Those teams were magic. I sometimes pull out old games and watch them. It makes you so sad to see where our team was and where it is now but I still support those boys who are playing now. They're so young. There is so much potential there but I too, have my doubts as to whether this coaching staff can get them up to the level we played at back in the day. We'll see. :(

(I'm SO looking forward to our grandbaby! It's our first so you can be sure I will spoil him rotten and send him home! LOL)

• Fire 1

No way - he's stubborn not stupid.

a third quarter fake punt from your own territory when down by 7 says otherwise.

Coaching and willingly leaving money on the table - just a bit of a difference.

The fact is, if he would happen to resign there is zero chance he leaves without some form of compensation. Its just not how big money business works.

We do not have the potential to win it all. Watch teams like Alabama, Stanford or FSU and tell me they wouldn't completely dominate us in the trenches. We have the potential right now with our talent to maybe crack the top 10. But with our staff the best I can hope for is squeaking into the top 25 next year.

Really? You know for a fact we couldn't beat Alabama, Stanford, or FSU? You know Stanford lost to Utah St, right? And then you can look into the future and say we don't have the potential to win it all next year. I just don't understand this thinking at all. You're so set against the HC that you can't possibly imagine the team winning big. I feel sad for you. I hope the bowl game and/or off-season gives you some hope.

We do not have the potential to win it all. Watch teams like Alabama, Stanford or FSU and tell me they wouldn't completely dominate us in the trenches. We have the potential right now with our talent to maybe crack the top 10. But with our staff the best I can hope for is squeaking into the top 25 next year.

Really? You know for a fact we couldn't beat Alabama, Stanford, or FSU? You know Stanford lost to Utah St, right? And then you can look into the future and say we don't have the potential to win it all next year. I just don't understand this thinking at all. You're so set against the HC that you can't possibly imagine the team winning big. I feel sad for you. I hope the bowl game and/or off-season gives you some hope.

Dude, look at our players and look at the elite teams players. Do you really think we can compete with them? Even with Nick Saban as our coach next year we'd still have no chance. We need better athletes.

Could a small miracle happen and we win a game, like Utah did? Perhaps. But anyone thinking this team is playoff worthy.....WE BEAT ONE TEAM THAT FINISHED ABOVE .500 14 years, Let me repeat that, 14 year since we won a conference title, stop even thinking about crystal footballs. We wont win our division next year even.

Dude, look at our players and look at the elite teams players. Do you really think we can compete with them? Even with Nick Saban as our coach next year we'd still have no chance. We need better athletes.

Could a small miracle happen and we win a game, like Utah did? Perhaps. But anyone thinking this team is playoff worthy.....WE BEAT ONE TEAM THAT FINISHED ABOVE .500 14 years, Let me repeat that, 14 year since we won a conference title, stop even thinking about crystal footballs. We wont win our division next year even.

And this is the exact difference between potentially and likely. Are we likely to win it all? No. Few teams are - and seldom are they the ones that even do win it all. Can we potentially win it all? Absolutely, yes. So, no, I won't stop thinking of division titles, conference championships, or national titles, no matter who our coaches are.