Will Bo leave on his own?

ladyhawke

Pelini a clown? Really? Does he wear make-up, dodge bulls, or ride in a car with 12 other clowns? Get over yourself. He coaches a football team, that we watch for our entertainment. To personally insult the man is disgusting. And calling this a "year of insignificance," does not give any credit to the men who just spent 4 or 5 years of their life devoted to this program.

I judge the behavior he displayed as clown-like.

Any objective judgement would label this as a 'year of insignificance' Before the season the expectation was Indy at the worst, and maybe a BCS bowl. Instead we have a 4 loss regular season with a likely bowl game against a former big 12 foe, and will end the season unranked regardless of the bowl outcome. Nothing of significance achieved. Its like we are a red Iowa.

I can't believe somebody would actually think Bo would leave on his own will. Why would Bo leave on his own and give up a 7.8 million buy out? Some questions need to be fully thought out before blurting out the question

"Pelini could still leave. Just because Nebraska is committed to its coach, he might not feel the same way. He’s not at the top of many lists of hot coaching candidates, but Pelini might pursue a coordinator job in the NFL or an attractive college opening. "

(btw your baby is ADORABLE :) We just found out that our daughter and son-in-law are expecting a little boy next April! I'm going to be a grandma! :) )

Just thought I'd +1 a very classy response to an inflammatory post. And congrats on the baby boy!

Thanks! We're really excited.

Where would he go? What program wants a walking disaster machine? Not to mention if he leaves on his own, he owes the University a million bucks. Unfortunately we are stuck with the clown for at least another year of insignificance.

Consider his contacts. You might not like him as a coach but there are others that do. Remember-he has contacts in the NFL. Callahan went right back to the NFL after he left here. I think we have the potential to win it all next year. Sorry, no disrespect but I don't think this was a 'year of insignificance' Those boys played their hearts out. Yeah, they made mistakes but they kept playing. That's commendable. We might have a beef with the coaches but know that those boys read these message boards. They need to hear that we are behind them. GBR!

I disagree completely. My guess is we lose 4-5 games next season and the Bolievers point to the inexperience we have at QB as the reason why they think Bo's doing a heck of a job. But we're a long long way from being able to compete for and win national titles. And this staff is a big reason why.

• Fire 2

Where would he go? What program wants a walking disaster machine? Not to mention if he leaves on his own, he owes the University a million bucks. Unfortunately we are stuck with the clown for at least another year of insignificance.

Consider his contacts. You might not like him as a coach but there are others that do. Remember-he has contacts in the NFL. Callahan went right back to the NFL after he left here. I think we have the potential to win it all next year. Sorry, no disrespect but I don't think this was a 'year of insignificance' Those boys played their hearts out. Yeah, they made mistakes but they kept playing. That's commendable. We might have a beef with the coaches but know that those boys read these message boards. They need to hear that we are behind them. GBR!

I disagree completely. My guess is we lose 4-5 games next season and the Bolievers point to the inexperience we have at QB as the reason why they think Bo's doing a heck of a job. But we're a long long way from being able to compete for and win national titles. And this staff is a big reason why.

The only thing Bo-lievers are better at than blind faith with no results is forgetting that the no results ever happened and recycling the same tired excuses. It has also been funny watching Bo waffle back and forth between "it's about championships" to "its about more than championships" and back to "its about championships" to fit whatever he is trying to say at the moment.

The only thing Bo-lievers are better at than blind faith with no results is forgetting that the no results ever happened and recycling the same tired excuses. It has also been funny watching Bo waffle back and forth between "it's about championships" to "its about more than championships" and back to "its about championships" to fit whatever he is trying to say at the moment.

My goodness gentlemen! I said that they have the potential to win it all not that they would. I appreciate your opinion but that's all it is-your opinion. It's also so unnecessary to label people as 'Bolievers' or 'Bohaters'. I'm a Husker fan-I'm sure you are too. That's something we can all agree on! :)

No way - he's stubborn not stupid.

a third quarter fake punt from your own territory when down by 7 says otherwise.

So does surrounding yourself, an inexperienced head coach with inexperienced assistants.

So does ignoring recruiting the first three years into your project.

So does nearly hitting a referee in anger during a game.

So does letting yourself get hooked by message boards and Nebraska media on a weekly basis, but thinking an sec job would somehow be better.

But hey, just wait until year 12 guys, that's the year he figures it all out!

My goodness gentlemen! I said that they have the potential to win it all not that they would. I appreciate your opinion but that's all it is-your opinion. It's also so unnecessary to label people as 'Bolievers' or 'Bohaters'. I'm a Husker fan-I'm sure you are too. That's something we can all agree on! :)

We do not have the potential to win it all. Watch teams like Alabama, Stanford or FSU and tell me they wouldn't completely dominate us in the trenches. We have the potential right now with our talent to maybe crack the top 10. But with our staff the best I can hope for is squeaking into the top 25 next year.

I can't believe somebody would actually think Bo would leave on his own will. Why would Bo leave on his own and give up a 7.8 million buy out? Some questions need to be fully thought out before blurting out the question

They could very well come to an agreement. They could say, we'll give you $4M and we will say it was a mutual agreement so no big blow out like a firing could bring. It could look better for both parties and both sides can both get a lot of what they want without the angst and circus.

The only way Bo leaves, is if he can get it together next year. Put us in the playoff and gets a better offer. Now that might happen, and it might not, but taking a coordinator job in the NFL is not going to fit his style of living for the last 6 years. Hard to step that far back on your own it would seem.

I do not see us getting to a playoff position next year. Therefore Bo is going to be here until we fire him. I am less of a fan than before yesterday, still not much of one either way. He has to make some inroads to being a good head coach. He is not near being one now. He maybe able to, but after 6 years he is pretty much the same hot head he was in 2003.

I could see him leaving a under a medical situation. The stress he is under, with his emotional state could lead to that being a way out. I do not think he truly wants to be here anymore, but does not want to walk away from a 3 million dollar a year job. Who would. He is here because of the money as he has continuously looked for the better job offer according to some on the board. I doubt any have ever offered him, but that is just my opinion.

He will be here for awhile LadyHawk. Not sure if that is good or bad yet. Next year will be my last of supporting him, and I mean financially. Still love the team, just not how they are spending the money I send in every year.

The administration says he is the man. Tom says he is. I will not question that this year so to speak, but things must be different next year. A lot different.

Congrats on the grandchild. They are great, spoilem rotten, send them home!!!

I don't make excuses....but here's the list Ive made.

I don't read what you guys write, but ya, I read what you wrote and Shatel can go f#*k himself.

It's quite possible you are intoxicated. :lol:

/ me too.