Quarterback Play

BRV920

Just curious all you Bo haters out there. What do you think our record would have been with Johnny football of Oregons Qb running our offense? Is it possible that we a one player away from having a very good team?

There's no way to accurately say how good we would have been, but I would bet that if Manziel played QB for us, we would probably be a 1-loss team or undefeated. I still don't know if we beat UCLA because our defense had a major implosion that game.

I think we would have been MUCH better. A 100% healthy Martinez, I only see a loss to UCLA as the D collapsed. Looking at his stats from 20100-present was showing a serious improvement from year to year. A "weaker" schedule than last year lined up for us to be very good this year. I would put a healthy Martinez up against the money badger and the Mariota from Oregon.

I also think that those two teams you mentioned have two things we are missing, TE play and (don't hate me) receivers who can catch......everything. Not just the routine, but the circus catches as well. Money badgers rating now for the season is 170. Martinez's highest 140.......Money has a 69.1% completion rating. His receivers are catching stuff. Martinez, TA and RKIII have all been hurt by the drops. Mariota has a season rating of 168.......63.1%

So yea, they would be as successful as a healthy Martinez would have been. We just miss "that" guy on O who can take over a game and by sheer will get the team to win. AA, IMHO, is the closest we have. He is a baller. Unfortunately, the staff rode him to long and to hard without spelling him when possible. Burned Newby's shirt for no reason IMO. Should have spread some of his carries throughout the other 2 guys. A healthy AA, could be that guy.

Historically, SUH, David were those guys. Rex as well. Guys have the ability. It just needs to meet performance level required.

Actually I would say we have been doing a pretty good job of recruiting QB's. But since I know you hate Bo AF husker I already know there is know way possible we could be doing anything right. What I would really like to hear from you is that things aren't nearly as bad as you make them out to be. A lot to ask out of you I know.

Actually I would say we have been doing a pretty good job of recruiting QB's. But since I know you hate Bo AF husker I already know there is know way possible we could be doing anything right. What I would really like to hear from you is that things aren't nearly as bad as you make them out to be. A lot to ask out of you I know.

Recently they might be doing better recruiting at QB but there's no way to know. Other than Martinez it's hard to say that we've landed a great a QB. TA has been really shaky and no one knows how Stanton is going to turn out.

Your right, we don't know til he plays. But Bo bashers love to point out the he is such a terrible recruiter. They act like recruiting is a exact science when it's not. I'm hoping that Stanton's showing at the Elite 11 camp is a good sign of his future potential. But all you get out of A F is the predictable Bo sucks at everything derp.

Recently they might be doing better recruiting at QB but there's no way to know. Other than Martinez it's hard to say that we've landed a great a QB. TA has been really shaky and no one knows how Stanton is going to turn out.

Both great posts.

See, the thing is... We think TA will be great because he played top level texass HS football. Where there are 6-7 LEGIT D1 players on the field at one time. Whereas in the B1G there are 19-22 legit D1 players on the field.

We need to recruit a quality QB each year. That way, if one is hurt, a bust, takes more time to develop, redshirts, or switches positions or transfers we have quality incoming or waiting. Same at RB, WR, and CB.

Can never have enough speed or athletes on the team.

Imagine, as much as everyone was down on Martinez after the UCLA game, he would have been LEAPS and BOUNDS better than what we started in B1G play. And Long was better than Moudy.

Yeah, we look ugly as a team sometimes, but I think we are one LEADER away from kicking ass

• Fire 1