BIG Under Rated?

I feel, when I watch other conferences, that they are all playing in a different league than the big ten right now. They are faster, hit harder, more intense, more physical, just overall better to watch. Not just the sec, but the PAC 12, big 12, and even the acc. The big ten needs to step its game up soon, or it will have nothing to rest on but it's " tradition".

This is one of the worst observations I've seen in a long time. The brand of Big Ten football is physicality. The SEC is easily the most physical conference top to bottom, but the B1G isn't far away. The B1G just doesn't have the amount of athletes that the SEC has on almost every roster.

Really? Step back from past perceptions for a moment and look at the reality of today. The only place I see physicality in the big would be Msu on defense, and Wisconsin on offense. Where else do you see a conference that out physicals anyone? Indiana? Illinois? Northwestern? Purdue? Maybe Iowa, but come on they are Iowa. There is nothing physical about Michigan, OSU is basically read option finesse. I know you are not thinking Nebraska is physical. So exactly where is this brand of physicality you speak of? In the past this might have been true. Today, we are just witnessing a lower level of football, period, across the board.

If that is true, please get on the phone and tell Carlos Hyde and the OSU offensive line to stop running people over.

True, he is a beast. However, I fail to see how one player or one team is the identity for the whole conference. Doesn't the fact that he is running over the big ten kind of prove my point?

ohio is not a top 5 team and will get exposed in their bowl game. The 2nd most pathetic Michigan team in recent memory took them to the brink of defeat.

Your memory has seemed to block out Rich Rodriguez

3-9 in 2008, 5-7 in 2009, 7-5 in 2010

Exactly, and it's a rivalry game. I wouldn't read too much into it. Some really bad Colorado teams took us yard a time or two as well. Just what it is...they could be 0fer whatever, and they're going to show up to play us. Even more so for MIchigan/OSU.

The B1G is the second worst among automatically qualifying conferences. The reason the B1G seems more competitive than other conferences is because most of the teams in the B1G aren't very good. I can only imagine the amount of crying and whining if Ohio State gets jumped after the conference championship games. What is even worse is the fact that the very best when we get the playoffs won't even be in the playoffs.

So if the B1G goes into bowl season and wins the majority of there games then what do you say? You don't know any more than anyone else if the B1G is good bad or better than another conference. NU lost to UCLA and Wisky lost to ASU in a very controversial way. The only other loss I can think that was really on the big stage was MSU vs. Notre Dame and that was 17-14 I think, and before MSU remembered how to play offense.

Just because ESPN says they are great doesn't mean they are.

UCLA, ASU, and Notre Dumb are now the benchmarks? Notre Dumb isn't even ranked for crying out loud.

ohio is not a top 5 team and will get exposed in their bowl game. The 2nd most pathetic Michigan team in recent memory took them to the brink of defeat.

Your memory has seemed to block out Rich Rodriguez

3-9 in 2008, 5-7 in 2009, 7-5 in 2010

Exactly, and it's a rivalry game. I wouldn't read too much into it. Some really bad Colorado teams took us yard a time or two as well. Just what it is...they could be 0fer whatever, and they're going to show up to play us. Even more so for MIchigan/OSU.

Agreed. Anyone who thought this was the same Gardner as before obviously hasn't watched a Michigan game this season. He played posessed.

Not even a Little bit. My take is the BIG is exactly what it is. It is a weak conference and has been for a while. Which some of you might not agree and flame spray me, but thats how I see it. And to a certain point this contributes to some of our struggles. Sincé we have been in the Big it seems we play DOWN to the level of our oponnets. I mean the Big gets their butt handed to them in bowl games against other conferences especially the Sec, get beat regularly by MAC schools, and for Gods sake Ohio State is a game away from being undefeated in two years and they are already talking about a one loss Sec team Auburn or Missouri jumping them in polls even if they beat Michigan state. No respect from the rest of the nation. As much as I hated the garbage that Texas pulled we should have stayed in the Big 12. But watch what you wish for if we were in the Big 12 this year I think four loses would be the least of our problems, with this season in the Big 12 we would be lucky to be .500. I know most fans say the Big is better geographically, but football culture wise with our traditon it is a step down in my opinión, I would love to go back to the Big 8, Big 12 also if they took all the power away from Texas But we are not the same Nebraska in the Big10 that we were in the Big 12 or even Big eight. for those of you old enough to remember when we sometimes played Big 10 schools in our non conference schdule? we destroyed Big 10 teams, those days are gone and current teams that we are better than play us down to the wire. I just hope we can get better and the cream of the crop of the Big 10 not Ohio State or Wisconsin

I mean the Big gets their butt handed to them in bowl games against other conferences especially the Sec, get beat regularly by MAC schools, and for Gods sake Ohio State is a game away from being undefeated in two years and they are already talking about a one loss Sec team Auburn or Missouri jumping them in polls even if they beat Michigan state.

You watch too much ESPN.

1. B1G was 19-19 vs the SEC in BCS era thru 2011; probably 21-24 now with last couple years losses (remember the bad match ups with PSU, and OSU being ineligible). Thru 2011 b12 was 8-21 and ACC was 9-16 vs the big bad SEC. These are stats ESPN doesn't bring up.

2. Get beat regularly by MAC schools? I know No Ill beat Iowa a couple times. What other MAC losses have occurred?

3. ESPN constantly pushes for teams to jump OSU (first Baylor, now auburn). ESPN even had a long article how Auburn and Alabama may have a rematch. It is not going to happen unless OSU loses to MSU.

If Ohio State does not absolutely crush Michigan State, they will get passed by Mizzou or Auburn. Michigan State is not a good football team, Christ a injury riddled, turnover prone Nebraska nearly beat them.

Ohio State and Florida State look a lot a like to me. No one really knows who they are. Have not face top rated competition that remained their ranking. Wisconsin and Clemson are their claims to fame.

If ever we need to Ohio State to be what they claim to be it is this weekend. They have to destroy the Spartans, or we are going to end up with another SEC team in the MNC. If Florida State should lose, I do not see how according to all the talking heads, it could be all SEC. If that happens, I will quit watching college football. The thought is so sickening it hurts.

So please Ohio State, take this pitiful conference on your back and win this weekend in grand style. I think you will. Please make it to the MNC and shut the SEC out of the title game.

Go Buckeyes!

If Ohio State does not absolutely crush Michigan State, they will get passed by Mizzou or Auburn. Michigan State is not a good football team, Christ a injury riddled, turnover prone Nebraska nearly beat them.

Ohio State and Florida State look a lot a like to me. No one really knows who they are. Have not face top rated competition that remained their ranking. Wisconsin and Clemson are their claims to fame.

If ever we need to Ohio State to be what they claim to be it is this weekend. They have to destroy the Spartans, or we are going to end up with another SEC team in the MNC. If Florida State should lose, I do not see how according to all the talking heads, it could be all SEC. If that happens, I will quit watching college football. The thought is so sickening it hurts.

So please Ohio State, take this pitiful conference on your back and win this weekend in grand style. I think you will. Please make it to the MNC and shut the SEC out of the title game.

Go Buckeyes!

This is unlikely given that MSU is ranked 10th in the BCS. The gap between tOSU & Auburn is still pretty wide (Mizzou has no chance unless the Buckeyes go down) and a victory in the CCG would give tOSU a much needed shot in the arm SOS-wise

I hope your right, but the talking heads are saying different, and unfortunately they control this crap. Your biggest chance is that Herbie is still promoting Ohio State as the second best. How they can talk about Florida State being the greatest thing, feel Ohio State has not played anyone amazes me. Nothing fair about it, and that is what worries me. With ESPN and SEC Network being in bed, the vested interest would be a SEC representative. And it would not surprise me.

I agree with your thoughts, but that does not mean it will happen as it should.