School fined $10k by conference

Kinda sad IMHO that the conference took action without the school doing so first.

Isn't this the incident that Pelini's apology and Eichorst's statement was all about?

Coach Pelini acknowledged and accepted responsibility for the inappropriateness of his actions and issued a public apology in advance of this reprimand."

Kinda sad IMHO that the conference took action without the school doing so first.

Isn't this the incident that Pelini's apology and Eichorst's statement was all about?

Coach Pelini acknowledged and accepted responsibility for the inappropriateness of his actions and issued a public apology in advance of this reprimand."

The reprimand was by the conference; not the school.

The situation involving eligibility for OSU players in the B1G championship game is still being discussed between league officials and the university according to Urban Meyers. Translate as league officials have yet to finish sucking the sweat out of Urban's dirty drawers before they fully endorse the wishes of their only candidate to the BCS championship. On the upside, "chickensh%t" is now the $10,000 word of the week! chuckleshuffle:corndance:nanalama

The reprimand was by the conference; not the school.

Yes. And before the B1G reprimand, UNL issued a statement by Eichorst and made Pelini deliver an apology.

Did you expect the school to fine Bo? Because I don't think schools normally issue such fines.

Wasn't Pelini previously put on some sort of probation for his behavior? If so, I would've expected the school/AD to have done the same or more. I didn't read anywhere that they made him issue that apology statement, and even if they did that's taking less action - not more. I'm at work so have very limited access to any sports-related websites and can't look this up.