ESPN Bias to B1G

Creed

Always in the back of my mind and discussed a lot on various boards but it has been in my mind a lot the last few days. Now ESPN is a $2.5 B partner with the SEC and competes with the BTN on some level and I am sure they see the B1G as the biggest competition (in terms of revenue) to their beloved SEC.

The last few weeks on the BCS countdown have been focused on who should jump Ohio State, the B1G is at an all-time low, OSU is like ND last year, etc. Then we get the B1G-ACC challenge the last couple days. After day 1, the main ESPN page had links to ACC wins and continuously made mention of the ACC's success in the early years of the Challenge. After the B1G tied up the challenge yesterday, the main ESPN page had a pic of the NC team and 3 links to NC's win over MSU, how Roy always tops Izzo, etc and one link titled "Roundup". No mention on the front page of any of the B1G's wins or how the B1G had a successful day 2 to even up the score.

Also noticed over the years, any negative story of OSU would be covered ad nauseam for days and a negative story on an SEC teams would appear briefly then be off their CFB page within a day.

Thoughts?

Noticed that also, you wont see anything positive mentioned regarding ESPN's ratings "competitors", particularly when they are one of the biggest draws nationally. This is not limited by them to college sports from what I've been reading.

Saw some TV ratings on twitter earlier, and the NU-Iowa game pulled a much bigger number than SC-Clemson. When you get down to it, that is the only thing ESPN cares about.

Part of the B1G issues are self inflicted. Want respect, win some freaking games. Conference has not fared well on the national stage lately.