Move Iowa to season opener

Redux

I think 1995 Redux has a good point. I would love to see a season opener against a bigger name. It doesn't need to be Iowa or any other B1G team but I think it would be cool to have a big game early.

Nobody plays their best ball the first game of the season.

Not sure why that is relevant. If you want to know why the SEC is always ranked at the end of the year, look no further than them playing conference games early and FCS teams late when everyone is beating each other up.

I quoted the wrong post. Here is what I was referring to.

I don't know man. I feel like the team is never ready at the beginning of the season. It seems like, for the most part, they don't play their best ball until the middle to later part of the season. Just my opinion.

I would love to have more good games early in the year. It always seems like we play mostly nobodies for the first 4-5 weeks. We try to always schedule one major program in the OOC but if that program is down that year, we have crap to watch for over a month.

Other conferences don't schedule all of their OOC games at the beginning of the year. This allows them to play some big games early and get early momentum in the media. They then play some cream puffs late in the season.

This also allows them to get healed up late in the season playing those games.

I think 1995 Redux has a good point. I would love to see a season opener against a bigger name. It doesn't need to be Iowa or any other B1G team but I think it would be cool to have a big game early.

Not sure why that is relevant. If you want to know why the SEC is always ranked at the end of the year, look no further than them playing conference games early and FCS teams late when everyone is beating each other up.

I quoted the wrong post. Here is what I was referring to.

I don't know man. I feel like the team is never ready at the beginning of the season. It seems like, for the most part, they don't play their best ball until the middle to later part of the season. Just my opinion.

I figured you meant to quote my post. Made me rethink how I looked at it. I was just focused on Nebraska not being ready to play and not our opponent. I am coming around to the idea though.

Agree, a loss late hurts your ranking much more than a loss early.

Agree, a loss late hurts your ranking much more than a loss early.

We will see that come to fruition if OSU and FSU lose this weekend.

I would love to have more good games early in the year. It always seems like we play mostly nobodies for the first 4-5 weeks. We try to always schedule one major program in the OOC but if that program is down that year, we have crap to watch for over a month.

Other conferences don't schedule all of their OOC games at the beginning of the year. This allows them to play some big games early and get early momentum in the media. They then play some cream puffs late in the season.

This also allows them to get healed up late in the season playing those games.

I agree. It's basically like having another BYE week late in your schedule and an easy win.....unless your Florida.....

• Fire 1

One thing i like about the SEC is scheduling. They start with a conference team so the team is ready to play hard from day one and not taking games off because of lesser opponents and then when it gets late in the season play your ooc so you are not going through a brutal schedule at the end of the year.