Randy Gregory returning for 2014 season

we have a decent size OL...a couple of big boys at OT

Kenarious Gates 6'5" 327 SR OT

Dallas Lee 6'4" 295 SR OG

Chris Andrews JR 6'2" 295 C

Chris Burnette JR 6'3" RG

John Theus So 6'6" 298 RT

there is a three deep rotation, but these should be the starters. Kolton Houston and Watts Dantzler will rotate at tackle mostly, with Mark Beard rotation at guard. Dallas Lee and Chris Andrews and Chris Burnette are fun to watch....Dallas has a mean streak at times. Gates gets excited at times and gets a little mean, but just watching Gregory, I hope he stays inside of Gates....Gates can be beat on the outside at times.

Others have said it, but I really see Gregory as a hybird LB at the next level.... It almost seems to be where he is the most effective during the last 3-4 games. A lot of his pressure on QBs comes from when he is standing and roaming ..... ala Jarvis Jones

Others have said it, but I really see Gregory as a hybird LB at the next level.... It almost seems to be where he is the most effective during the last 3-4 games. A lot of his pressure on QBs comes from when he is standing and roaming ..... ala Jarvis Jones

I've noticed this too. He stands up and basically lines up as a LB and delays after the snap to find the right place to attack. I love how the coaches have let him do this. He is an athletic freak for sure, and would love to add at least one or two like him every recruiting class.

Gregory reminds me a lot of Aldon Smith, who looks skinny for a lineman but makes up for it with speed, instinct and flawless tackling techique. Gregory may end up being a hybrid, but like Smith he gets to stay a DE for passing downs.

Agreed. But Gregory probably needs 20-25 pounds to catch Smith.