Media access and Nebraska Football

NUpolo8

Also, while Missouri and A&M jumped to the SEC, we've had the relative privilege of moving to the Big Ten. And sure, maybe Bo had to go in a different direction recruiting slightly. But it's not like we've had a teeming overabundance of star-caliber DBs due to our prior recruiting. If anything, thank goodness the secondary wasn't exposed as it might have been had we not moved.

2012 only had 17 commits which is a reason why it was lower. 14 out of the 17 played this season. Most with significant amount of time. One was kicked off the team (Thomas Brown). The other two are offensive lineman and you normally don't see them playing until Jr. year unless they are amazing. Id say we got a pretty good ROI from that class.

2013 you are just plain wrong. Our composite is 18. I don't know how you got that number when our worst ranking out of the four was 23 and our best was 11, with Rivals ranking us in the middle at 17.

Getting it from here

http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Why are you using their rankings? Why dont you use Scouts?

2012 only had 17 commits which is a reason why it was lower. 14 out of the 17 played this season. Most with significant amount of time. One was kicked off the team (Thomas Brown). The other two are offensive lineman and you normally don't see them playing until Jr. year unless they are amazing. Id say we got a pretty good ROI from that class.

2013 you are just plain wrong. Our composite is 18. I don't know how you got that number when our worst ranking out of the four was 23 and our best was 11, with Rivals ranking us in the middle at 17.

Getting it from here

http://247sports.com...iteTeamRankings

247 Composite is probably the most best service to use because it takes the average star rating from 247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN. So everyone always talks about certain services favors kids from Texas, other services favor kids committed to SEC, this and that, if you average a kid over all 4 services, the perceived biases will be averaged out and have less effect. Notice 247 Composite is different than 247 Sports. 247 Sports is 247's analyst alone, 247 Composite is the averaged rating.

. . . it shows he's either unable to learn and adapt from his errors, or that he truly doesn't think he has made any errors.

And that's frightening.

Yep. Would anyone actually be surprised if Bo makes these changes with the media and refuses to make coaching changes? That seems to fit him perfectly. Sad to think that we will probably have to endure at least one more season of this.

Everyone knows that the problem this year hasn't been the problems, it's been the media and evil, evil people on message boards talking about the problems.

• Fire 1

Getting it from here

247 Composite is probably the most best service to use because it takes the average star rating from 247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN. So everyone always talks about certain services favors kids from Texas, other services favor kids committed to SEC, this and that, if you average a kid over all 4 services, the perceived biases will be averaged out and have less effect. Notice 247 Composite is different than 247 Sports. 247 Sports is 247's analyst alone, 247 Composite is the averaged rating.

Got ya. I just averaged all four rankings together to get 18. Either way, it was a pretty good class. Same with 2012 considering all the players already contributing.

Getting it from here

Got ya. I just averaged all four rankings together to get 18. Either way, it was a pretty good class. Same with 2012 considering all the players already contributing.

Contributing sure, but as a whole the class is still not good enough to get us anything else in the trophy room. We still lose out on lots of players to other schools, sometimes lesser schools (Hello Kentucky)

Contributing sure, but as a whole the class is still not good enough to get us anything else in the trophy room. We still lose out on lots of players to other schools, sometimes lesser schools (Hello Kentucky)

I like how you are willing to say this after their RS freshman year. Three more years to play and youre already saying they aren't good enough to win the B1G. Wow.

Id like to revisit this thread in three years.

And youre never going to be 100% in getting the players you want. Alabama even loses out to other schools and in their case, every team is a lesser school.

• Fire 1

Probably because they are redshirt freshmen or true sophomores

I think they are all RS Freshman. I don't think we played any true freshman last year, but I could be wrong.

Yep. Would anyone actually be surprised if Bo makes these changes with the media and refuses to make coaching changes? That seems to fit him perfectly. Sad to think that we will probably have to endure at least one more season of this.

Bo wasn't exactly 'hit' by coaching changes. He made those decisions himself. He has the staff he wants here.

:dunno

So which is it?

Really don't see anything contradictory there. Bo's had six years to make all the staff changes he wants, every year, and he's done it both infrequently and with mixed results. I mean, the 2010 purge is the only major one I can think of, and that was the call to chase Shawn Watson out of here. Bo's job is to put together an outstanding staff here at Nebraska and it's never been an elite one. So, going forward with total confidence and zero staff changes after this year really is par for course.

Pretty sure "he's done it" and "he refuses to" do it are contradictory.

Pretty sure "he's done it" and "he refuses to" do it are contradictory.

Did you miss this part . . . ?

Yep. Would anyone actually be surprised if Bo . . . refuses to make coaching changes?

Zoogies is referring to what has happened so far. I was referring to the future.

Those aren't contradictory.

So refusing to make coaching changes fits him perfectly even though he's made coaching changes before?

I think they are all RS Freshman. I don't think we played any true freshman last year, but I could be wrong.

Imani is and I thought there was a DL who played last year, Curry I believe.

• Fire 1

Imani is and I thought there was a DL who played last year, Curry I believe.

Imani, Curry and Janovich are the three that I have down.