Media access and Nebraska Football

NUpolo8

Is there a quote by Pelini saying that he will not make any changes to the staff or is this writer just manipulating a message? I do see a quote about making tweaks.

Sip has mentioned that Bo has told him that in several of his columns.

From a previous column when talking about making staff changes "Based on previous conversations with Bo, I'd be very, very surprised if he would acquiesce to such a demand. In fact, I'd be shocked. He said recently he likes his staff. He told me he feels he has "the tightest staff in America."

There might be an AC or two leave on their own but I don't expect Bo to make any changes unless he's forced to by SE.

One of the last lines is saying Bo "has no plans to make any changes in his staff." That's absolutely stunning. And it has to anger the majority of this board at minimum, and probably the entire base

It does not anger the entire fan base. There is someone we all know very well who has given input to Pelini regarding staff continuity. We are all familiar with his initials.

That's not what I said. I said it could make the majority of the fan base upset. I'm well aware of the continent of Bo fans who probably would watch Bo take a crap on the N at halftime and want him to get a raise for keeping fertilizer costs down.

One of the last lines is saying Bo "has no plans to make any changes in his staff." That's absolutely stunning. And it has to anger the majority of this board at minimum, and probably the entire base

It does not anger the entire fan base. There is someone we all know very well who has given input to Pelini regarding staff continuity. We are all familiar with his initials.

That's not what I said. I said it could make the majority of the fan base upset. I'm well aware of the continent of Bo fans who probably would watch Bo take a crap on the N at halftime and want him to get a raise for keeping fertilizer costs down.

You're quote is above. It starts with probably, then has the words " the entire base".

You're quote is above. It starts with probably, then has the words " the entire base".

I'll admit it could have been worded better, but I'm trying to say it has the chance to make the majority mad, not all.

If you'd like to discuss why Bo Pelini going the Lane Kiffin or North Korea route now.....

If you'd like to discuss why Bo Pelini going the Lane Kiffin or North Korea route now.....

No, I would not like to discuss those comparisons, because it is not even close. It is your attempt at dumb hyperbole in order to excite.

Like the article says, Bo consulted with multiple coaching staffs regarding the issue. This is how it is at many programs. It is nothing to get your panties in a bunch about.

I think it's hilarious how people think he should make changes in coaching staff. This will only be the 2nd year in a row where his coaching staff hasn't turned over itself. How about we develop some continuity first before we run around with our hair on fire pointing fingers at random assistant coaches and staff thinking they're a problem.

I wish we could fire fans who think they know better than a NCAA coach what needs to happen for a team to succeed...you guys should get off the couch and put in for taking over a program if you know so much.

Yeah! We need to give Bo a chance to succeed. 6 years is not nearly enough time to win anything of significance.

• Fire 1

No, I would not like to discuss those comparisons, because it is not even close. It is your attempt at dumb hyperbole in order to excite.

Like the article says, Bo consulted with multiple coaching staffs regarding the issue. This is how it is at many programs. It is nothing to get your panties in a bunch about.

Jesus Christ,

Number one, it wasn't hyperbole, it was sarcasm. I don't really believe no one would get mad if Bo Pelini defecated on the field.

Two, in my original post, I said I could see both sides of the coin here. I just don't personally think it's the best idea that he continue to build walls around the program. Maybe I know best, maybe I don't. But I do know that it looks a lot like the head coach showing a ton of hubris and thinking he's making all the right decisions. Which I assure you he's not.

Three, North Korea swipe was again sarcasm. But the Lane Kiffin one he's dangerously flirting with.

If Bo would only redirect the energy he spends building up walls towards things like improving the program and embracing the fanbase, he'd do better and have fewer naysayers to combat.

You can't make everyone happy all the time. But you can make some people like you sometimes.

If a portion of people who can cause turmoil and unrest with unfounded rumors and "high click columns" can be cattle led and fed at one trough, then I don't blame a coach for doing it. I don't see the 7th man at Amazon making press statements, but I know who Jeff Bezos is.

NUpolo has an agenda, much like Bo has an agenda. Lets remember that.

If Bo would only redirect the energy he spends building up walls towards things like improving the program and embracing the fanbase, he'd do better and have fewer naysayers to combat.

You can't make everyone happy all the time. But you can make some people like you sometimes.

If a portion of people who can cause turmoil and unrest with unfounded rumors and "high click columns" can be cattle led and fed at one trough, then I don't blame a coach for doing it. I don't see the 7th man at Amazon making press statements, but I know who Jeff Bezos is.

NUpolo has an agenda, much like Bo has an agenda. Lets remember that.

I actually don't. I have an opinion, and it's changed and evolved over time, but I don't have an agenda.

My opinion on this is that I think it's a mistake.

It would be stupid for Bo to talk about coaching changes while preparing for a bowl game in which those coaches are still employed.

Again, Bo is going to be our coach next season. I say let him do whatever he wants, and Season 7 will tell the tale of Bo Pelini, for better or worse.

If his wall-building and stubborn pride fail to put an improved product on the field next year, he's gone.

If he knows what he's doing and it shows, even detractors like myself will enjoy having a tougher, more relevant Husker team. That's all we're really asking, right?

• Fire 3