last weekend i had the wife pick up a case of coors original. it really hit the spot. it's cold, bold, and gold.

I got some of that a couple weeks ago too. Then I proceeded to drink half the case while by buddy and I split a bottle of Yukon Jack Wicked Hot lol

The reasonable price contributed heavily to my decision. I already had a cart full of stuff for our new years eve party so I got a little tight on my selfish bourbon quest.

bulleit is great. i like rye old fashioneds because they are a little dryer, but rye is either really cheap or really expensive (i get templeton rye at the bar, but could not justify that price for something to stock my bar with). bulleit is in the soft spot where it is pretty cheap for a quality liquor. plus, it looks cool. i am not sure i have made an old fashioned with it yet because it is so good just to sip.

The reasonable price contributed heavily to my decision. I already had a cart full of stuff for our new years eve party so I got a little tight on my selfish bourbon quest.

bulleit is great. i like rye old fashioneds because they are a little dryer, but rye is either really cheap or really expensive (i get templeton rye at the bar, but could not justify that price for something to stock my bar with). bulleit is in the soft spot where it is pretty cheap for a quality liquor. plus, it looks cool. i am not sure i have made an old fashioned with it yet because it is so good just to sip.

I make my Manhattans with Bulleit rye. I also like orange bitters in mine. Mmmm...

Lately I've been drinking these:

DarkandStormy-001-de1.jpg

1 part Black Strap Rum

3 part Goslings Ginger Beer (accept no substitutes. you disgust me.)

Ice

Repeat

May have to give this one a try. Have you tried it with other rums?

I've tried it with Cruzan Black Strap and Gosling's Black Seal. I think that any dark rum (probably not spiced rums) would work just fine. Cruzan is pretty cheap . . . $10-15 IIRC.