Lets see if the brass supports the coach and team.

and FYI part of the reason AA is considering the draft is due to some of the unrest here in Lincoln with the team feeling like the department does not fully support it.

I respectfully disagree. Eichhorst could have fired Bo at season's end, especially after Bo's rant, and went the other direction. He unequivocally supported Bo for the future. This is a dead issue. The reason why we played so well is that Eichort's declaration brought stability to the program. AA has one year left and Bo will 100% be here. Why would he be worried about unstability past that point?

Don't burn up that straw man with logic please...

Quick, honest question:

How many years are left on the contract? And why would there be an 'extension' if there is more than say...3-4 yrs left on the contract? I could see an extension is there were 2 yrs left, but didn't Bo just get a raise and extension 2 yrs ago?

There are 4 years left. Its standard in coaching to be working on a 5 yr contract because of recruiting. Its hard to sell a family on you'll be here for the kid's entire playing days when your contract doesn't go out at least that far.

That makes sense.

Does an extension also equal a pay raise? I'm assuming Bo made some extra scratch reaching a New Year bowl and winning it. I'd assume his pay is already in the top 3rd of the B1G?

I agree w the plane usage for recruiting, it's not like he's flying direct from Lincoln commercially.

I guess I feel like this: if they don't give him an extension this year, RIGHT NOW, I wouldn't necessarily see it as a sign of non committal. But others may, including opposing coaches in recruiting.

His contract calls for automatic pay bumps. He's getting a raise with or without the additional year. Bo in the past has asked in lue of money for himself raises for his staff and the private plan use to recruit. I don't think he cares as much about the money as the things his team needs to be successful. At least that was the case when he felt the AD had his back and they had a good relationship. I think that could change. The next two weeks will tell a lot.

and FYI part of the reason AA is considering the draft is due to some of the unrest here in Lincoln with the team feeling like the department does not fully support it.

This seems a bit of a stretch doesn't it? You don't think AA is looking at the lifespan of a RB as far as carries and basing his decision on that?

Thats what his family told a friend who was at the pre-games stuff the day before we played.

Does the friend work for the cable company?

His contract calls for automatic pay bumps. He's getting a raise with or without the additional year. Bo in the past has asked in lue of money for himself raises for his staff and the private plan use to recruit. I don't think he cares as much about the money as the things his team needs to be successful. At least that was the case when he felt the AD had his back and they had a good relationship. I think that could change. The next two weeks will tell a lot.

My sources say that Bo was offered a private plane, but he turned it down because it was only a cessna and he wanted a 747. True story.

They supported Bo when the retained him. If it goes too much farther beyond that they're crazy. Bo's a clown. I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

I'm shocked to learn you hate Bo and all things Nebraska football.

About as shocking as you having an issue with the Nebraska administration. And "all things Nebraska football"? You might as well just call me out and say I'm not a real fan don't you think?

I only have a problem with Pearlman. I think I've maintained I don't know what to think of SE yet. I liked him when I met him. I haven't like the way he's handled things but I don't know if its because of his hands being tied or not. So for now I'm going with the fact he hasn't done the job the way I think he should have. I hope its because like Bo he's new to it. I'll probably have a convo with PM at some point and know a little better. Although he's very political in his responses when speaking about his boss to people as he should.

Unlike you..I'm open to having my mind changed.

A sincere effort to eliminate the "us vs. them" mentality of the coaching staff, and by extension the players. The fans are not "them." Mere words are not enough on this front.

I know Beck had a few comments in regards to Taylor and the fan base. Other than that, what has been said in the last 27 months by the coaching staff that keeps perpetuating this myth that they hate they fans? Words aren't enough? What else do you want him to do?

My sources say that Bo was offered a private plane, but he turned it down because it was only a cessna and he wanted a 747. True story.

You got your facts dead wrong. He wasn't asking for a 747, he wanted a Dreamliner!

They supported Bo when the retained him. If it goes too much farther beyond that they're crazy. Bo's a clown. I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

About as shocking as you having an issue with the Nebraska administration. And "all things Nebraska football"? You might as well just call me out and say I'm not a real fan don't you think?

I only have a problem with Pearlman. I think I've maintained I don't know what to think of SE yet. I liked him when I met him. I haven't like the way he's handled things but I don't know if its because of his hands being tied or not. So for now I'm going with the fact he hasn't done the job the way I think he should have. I hope its because like Bo he's new to it. I'll probably have a convo with PM at some point and know a little better. Although he's very political in his responses when speaking about his boss to people as he should.

What's wrong with Perlman? Specifically, how is he harming the University of Nebraska (not Nebraska football or Bo Pelini, the University of Nebraska)?

Its obvious thought that your hate for one is effecting your love for the other.

Riiiight. Yet you think that the problems with Nebraska football come from the media and the administration?

Are you the pot or the kettle? I call kettle.

I've never said the team doesn't have issues to fix. Being ex media myself I don't care for the way they covering things. I have as big an issue with that crap journalism as anything. If you don't think their coverage makes the job easier or harder then you've not be listening to any of the things DB and Sharpe have been saying.

You got your facts dead wrong. He wasn't asking for a 747, he wanted a Dreamliner!

I stand by my sources.

I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

While Bo brings a lot of that on himself, you're mostly upset about the way the various channels choose to portray him with this. He is not entirely drama-filled, that's a story line they're pushing. ESPN/ABC have a vested interest in portraying Bo this way, and they do, frequently. It's not inaccurate, it's just not the whole picture.

ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. The entire national media portrays him this way. I don't care why the do it, it's just the fact that Nebraska football is seen that way that makes me feel like I've had enough of Bo. It's no longer Husker football, it's the Bo Pelini show. I'm not sure where you live, but just walk through any sports bar, or any place with fans that actually care about college football wearing Husker gear. (outside of Nebraska) I was in Vegas through the bowl games last year and had this happen frequently while watching games at Cosmo and Palazzo. Happens constantly here in KC. What are they going to want to discuss? How do they view the Huskers? It's not a convo you even want to start anymore.

Here's two texts I got following the win...I get sick and tired of hearing this from every single person that is not a Husker fan (and a good portion of Husker fans). It's not going to get any better. It's what we've become.

"I still dislike your coach with great passion..but glad you won" - came from K-State fan.

"Well I can root for you now we aren't conference foes, but damn Bo makes it hard to cheer!" - from a Missouri fan.

Neither of these were provoked in any way. The first guy led w/ that text - haven't talked to him in a few days. The second guy followed a quick convo about Mizzou.

What's wrong with Perlman? Specifically, how is he harming the University of Nebraska (not Nebraska football or Bo Pelini, the University of Nebraska)?

He's never been about what is best for Nebraska. He's always been about what is best for himself. He's very ego driven, two faced and power driven. Don't think for a minute he wasn't jealous of the fact TO was getting the credit for the B10 move. There is a reason his hire of SE was done the way it was.

"I still dislike your coach with great passion..but glad you won" - came from K-State fan.

"Well I can root for you now we aren't conference foes, but damn Bo makes it hard to cheer!" - from a Missouri fan.

Did they watch the game? Did Bo do something I missed?