Lets see if the brass supports the coach and team.

They supported Bo when the retained him. If it goes too much farther beyond that they're crazy. Bo's a clown. I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

I'm shocked to learn you hate Bo and all things Nebraska football.

• Fire 7

Ameer would be a fool not to at least explore his draft stock right now. With the shelf life of a RB so short, he's got to take advantage of the miles he has left on his body before it can't take the punishment anymore.

I would think he'd grade pretty well, and if he's reached his ceiling at this level he'll go. I would bet it has far less to do with the state of this program and much more to do with the state of his body.

Quick, honest question:

How many years are left on the contract? And why would there be an 'extension' if there is more than say...3-4 yrs left on the contract? I could see an extension is there were 2 yrs left, but didn't Bo just get a raise and extension 2 yrs ago?

There are 4 years left. Its standard in coaching to be working on a 5 yr contract because of recruiting. Its hard to sell a family on you'll be here for the kid's entire playing days when your contract doesn't go out at least that far.

That makes sense.

Does an extension also equal a pay raise? I'm assuming Bo made some extra scratch reaching a New Year bowl and winning it. I'd assume his pay is already in the top 3rd of the B1G?

I agree w the plane usage for recruiting, it's not like he's flying direct from Lincoln commercially.

I guess I feel like this: if they don't give him an extension this year, RIGHT NOW, I wouldn't necessarily see it as a sign of non committal. But others may, including opposing coaches in recruiting.

and FYI part of the reason AA is considering the draft is due to some of the unrest here in Lincoln with the team feeling like the department does not fully support it.

This seems a bit of a stretch doesn't it? You don't think AA is looking at the lifespan of a RB as far as carries and basing his decision on that?

Thats what his family told a friend who was at the pre-games stuff the day before we played.

Wow. Lock it up, rock solid internet insider proof. Thank you, Simone...

simone1.jpg

• Fire 4

Ameer would be a fool not to at least explore his draft stock right now. With the shelf life of a RB so short, he's got to take advantage of the miles he has left on his body before it can't take the punishment anymore.

I would think he'd grade pretty well, and if he's reached his ceiling at this level he'll go. I would bet it has far less to do with the state of this program and much more to do with the state of his body.

Exactly. If he is projected to go 4th round or higher . . . grab the money and run. It'd be silly to risk losing that kind of $$$ to an injury in a senior season. (Especially when he would probably be carrying the ball 20+ times per game.)

and FYI part of the reason AA is considering the draft is due to some of the unrest here in Lincoln with the team feeling like the department does not fully support it.

This seems a bit of a stretch doesn't it? You don't think AA is looking at the lifespan of a RB as far as carries and basing his decision on that?

Thats what his family told a friend who was at the pre-games stuff the day before we played.

Well there you go.

They supported Bo when the retained him. If it goes too much farther beyond that they're crazy. Bo's a clown. I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

You're probably right about the former but it's a mistake to equate that to the latter.

Nebraska is more than Bo Pelini. We were here before Pelini and we'll be here after him.

• Fire 1

The biggest thing AA needs to do is change the way he carries. I think one of the TV guys pointed that out yesterday. He often carries it too low and thats why he has a fumble issue. If he can change that he'll be one of the better backs. I agree he needs to look at his stock and if hes in the top 5 rounds go.

But its not a "take care of my family' situation for him. If he feels like things are rainbows and butterflies for us next year he's back in an instant. His family wants him to finish school which he's on track to do. But having continual media back lash and not having those guys above letting the coach know he's in good standing wears on the team. Its not healthy for those kids.

Wow. Lock it up, rock solid internet insider proof. Thank you, Simone...

simone1.jpg

I'll stand by my folks. He's the same guy feeding Damon Benning info.

You're probably right about the former but it's a mistake to equate that to the latter.

Nebraska is more than Bo Pelini. We were here before Pelini and we'll be here after him.

Its obvious thought that your hate for one is effecting your love for the other.

About as shocking as you having an issue with the Nebraska administration. And "all things Nebraska football"? You might as well just call me out and say I'm not a real fan don't you think?

The biggest thing AA needs to do is change the way he carries. I think one of the TV guys pointed that out yesterday. He often carries it too low and thats why he has a fumble issue. If he can change that he'll be one of the better backs. I agree he needs to look at his stock and if hes in the top 5 rounds go.

But its not a "take care of my family' situation for him. If he feels like things are rainbows and butterflies for us next year he's back in an instant. His family wants him to finish school which he's on track to do. But having continual media back lash and not having those guys above letting the coach know he's in good standing wears on the team. Its not healthy for those kids.

That guy you are referring to is moron Cunningham and he was talking about how others had fixed fumble issues. He was talking about Tiki Barber during that example. Ameer doesn't carry too low, he carries away from his body sometimes. Especially when he is trying to accelerate through the hole or make a move. Most of his fumbles are from a hit behind him he doesn't see coming and then doesn't put the ball away. If he goes high AND tight to his body all the time this will fix itself.

• Fire 2

I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

While Bo brings a lot of that on himself, you're mostly upset about the way the various channels choose to portray him with this. He is not entirely drama-filled, that's a story line they're pushing. ESPN/ABC have a vested interest in portraying Bo this way, and they do, frequently. It's not inaccurate, it's just not the whole picture.

Could not agree with you more. My wife was watching the game with me (she's trying to become a Husker fan to support my team, which I appreciate) when they showed Bo "yelling" at one of the players. Her take on it was that it's what most coaches do; we've seen that at the high school level personally. She actually asked me why they don't talk more about the good things that Bo does, specifically mentioning Jack in the Spring game. I told her about Bo's offer to keep Darlington on scholarship even if he never plays a down for the Huskers, and she was really touched by that. That's the type of stuff that the casual fan does not know about and the media could run with, yet they still portray him as a guy with a temper first, coach second. Granted, he's brought it on himself, but there are two sides to the coin. Just look at how much his players support him; that speaks for itself.

Its obvious thought that your hate for one is effecting your love for the other.

I could say the same for you. Your love of Bo is effecting your hate for the "brass".

• Fire 1

I respectfully disagree. Eichhorst could have fired Bo at season's end, especially after Bo's rant, and went the other direction. He unequivocally supported Bo for the future. This is a dead issue. The reason why we played so well is that Eichort's declaration brought stability to the program. AA has one year left and Bo will 100% be here. Why would he be worried about unstability past that point?