Lets see if the brass supports the coach and team.

I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

While Bo brings a lot of that on himself, you're mostly upset about the way the various channels choose to portray him with this. He is not entirely drama-filled, that's a story line they're pushing. ESPN/ABC have a vested interest in portraying Bo this way, and they do, frequently. It's not inaccurate, it's just not the whole picture.

ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. The entire national media portrays him this way. I don't care why the do it, it's just the fact that Nebraska football is seen that way that makes me feel like I've had enough of Bo. It's no longer Husker football, it's the Bo Pelini show. I'm not sure where you live, but just walk through any sports bar, or any place with fans that actually care about college football wearing Husker gear. (outside of Nebraska) I was in Vegas through the bowl games last year and had this happen frequently while watching games at Cosmo and Palazzo. Happens constantly here in KC. What are they going to want to discuss? How do they view the Huskers? It's not a convo you even want to start anymore.

Here's two texts I got following the win...I get sick and tired of hearing this from every single person that is not a Husker fan (and a good portion of Husker fans). It's not going to get any better. It's what we've become.

"I still dislike your coach with great passion..but glad you won" - came from K-State fan.

"Well I can root for you now we aren't conference foes, but damn Bo makes it hard to cheer!" - from a Missouri fan.

You know...its much easier for a person to make a stereotypical comment to someone they know is a racist because he won't be offended by the remark. I'm not saying you're one but the example proves the point.

"I still dislike your coach with great passion..but glad you won" - came from K-State fan.

"Well I can root for you now we aren't conference foes, but damn Bo makes it hard to cheer!" - from a Missouri fan.

Did they watch the game? Did Bo do something I missed?

Yeah they watched the game. They're both huge CF fans, and kind of old Big8 cronies so they like the Huskers and watch most of our games still.

It's not about Bo doing something in a single game, this is something that has come over the course of many years.

If you don't think their coverage makes the job easier or harder then you've not be listening to any of the things DB and Sharpe have been saying.

But if you think that media coverage is a significant factor in how the team plays on any given Saturday that's a more damning indictment of the coaching staff than it is of the media.

• Fire 4

He's never been about what is best for Nebraska. He's always been about what is best for himself. He's very ego driven, two faced and power driven. Don't think for a minute he wasn't jealous of the fact TO was getting the credit for the B10 move. There is a reason his hire of SE was done the way it was.

Please elaborate and provide support for your position. Conjecture and supposition isn't proof.

I'm sick and tired of turning on the TV to watch a Husker game, seeing the other team evaluated and their season recapped - then when it gets to the Huskers it's 90% Bo Pelini and his drama filled season. Little talk of the team, little talk of the players. It's just one thing after another regarding his attitude, the tape, the other crap, etc. He's an embarrassment, and the only thing more embarrassing is if we continue to guarantee that guy millions of dollars when he's clearly walking a fine line.

While Bo brings a lot of that on himself, you're mostly upset about the way the various channels choose to portray him with this. He is not entirely drama-filled, that's a story line they're pushing. ESPN/ABC have a vested interest in portraying Bo this way, and they do, frequently. It's not inaccurate, it's just not the whole picture.

ESPN/ABC/FOX/SI, etc. The entire national media portrays him this way. I don't care why the do it, it's just the fact that Nebraska football is seen that way that makes me feel like I've had enough of Bo. It's no longer Husker football, it's the Bo Pelini show. I'm not sure where you live, but just walk through any sports bar, or any place with fans that actually care about college football wearing Husker gear. (outside of Nebraska) I was in Vegas through the bowl games last year and had this happen frequently while watching games at Cosmo and Palazzo. Happens constantly here in KC. What are they going to want to discuss? How do they view the Huskers? It's not a convo you even want to start anymore.

Here's two texts I got following the win...I get sick and tired of hearing this from every single person that is not a Husker fan (and a good portion of Husker fans). It's not going to get any better. It's what we've become.

Neither of these were provoked in any way. The first guy led w/ that text - haven't talked to him in a few days. The second guy followed a quick convo about Mizzou.

So your feelings toward Pelini are based on what others say about him? People that are fans of other teams - and have never even met the man. I don't care that you dislike Bo, but that's a really weak argument.

On a slightly different note, I got rid of cable last year and not watching ESPN and other national media definitely has changed the way I look at the season. It's been annoying having to go to a bar or friend's house for a few games and mostly listening on the radio, but I'm not watching Sportscenter, College Gameday, etc. and that's been nice.

• Fire 2

He's never been about what is best for Nebraska. He's always been about what is best for himself. He's very ego driven, two faced and power driven. Don't think for a minute he wasn't jealous of the fact TO was getting the credit for the B10 move. There is a reason his hire of SE was done the way it was.

Please elaborate and provide support for your position. Conjecture and supposition isn't proof.

Wow. Someone said something about the pot and kettle.....

• Fire 1

A top-to-bottom reevaluation of allocation of duties, beginning with but not limited to Special Teams coach(ing).

A realistic assessment of the effectiveness of play calling and both offensive and defensive philosophies.

A sincere effort to eliminate the "us vs. them" mentality of the coaching staff, and by extension the players. The fans are not "them." Mere words are not enough on this front.

I don't think you will ever see this. The rift between BoLeavers and BoBelievers is too wide. You have a fan base that is split down the middle with one half screaming loudly for his head and the other, at this point, shrugging and shacking their heads. When Bo wins a conference championship they will still say "Wait for next year. The schedule was weak. I still think he's an embarrassment to the state." Its obvious 9 wins won't win back that base and if it won't, I agree with Bo, look at the body of my work. Graduation rate, GPA not just how badly we lost a game. Fundamental changes have too be made. ST needs a serious look. Again during the game I saw a punt by Georgia and no push to block it, they stood there waiting as if they knew there was not going to be a return. Until Bo makes the changes that half this fan base wants, it will always be perceived as "us against them".

Neither of these were provoked in any way. The first guy led w/ that text - haven't talked to him in a few days. The second guy followed a quick convo about Mizzou.

Offhand I'd say you're caring way too much about what other teams' fans think of our program and/or coach. Sports Illustrated and Fox do not push this agenda even remotely as much as ABC/ESPN. If you're basing that SI stance on articles you've read on their website, I'd suggest you go back and see if they were SI-generated articles or taken from the AP. If they're from the AP do some quick googling to find out who wrote it, and if it's from the local AP sports writer (which, in my experience, many are) you've got yet another very biased source.

Wow. Someone said something about the pot and kettle.....

I'm not the one making wild claims here (other than the obviously tongue-in-cheek comments about Bo's plane demands).

A top-to-bottom reevaluation of allocation of duties, beginning with but not limited to Special Teams coach(ing).

A realistic assessment of the effectiveness of play calling and both offensive and defensive philosophies.

A sincere effort to eliminate the "us vs. them" mentality of the coaching staff, and by extension the players. The fans are not "them." Mere words are not enough on this front.

I don't think you will ever see this. The rift between BoLeavers and BoBelievers is too wide. You have a fan base that is split down the middle with one half screaming loudly for his head and the other, at this point, shrugging and shacking their heads. When Bo wins a conference championship they will still say "Wait for next year. The schedule was weak. I still think he's an embarrassment to the state." Its obvious 9 wins won't win back that base and if it won't, I agree with Bo, look at the body of my work. Graduation rate, GPA not just how badly we lost a game. Fundamental changes have too be made. ST needs a serious look. Again during the game I saw a punt by Georgia and no push to block it, they stood there waiting as if they knew there was not going to be a return. Until Bo makes the changes that half this fan base wants, it will always be perceived as "us against them".

I am open to changing my mind. I am not an elected official, therefore still have a mind of my own and can change opinions when more evidence is presented either by results on the field or actions by Pelini himself. If my University backs him, then so do I. That does not mean I have to agree with everything he does and it damn sure doesn't mean I will defend everything he does just because he is the leader of my team.

I am an educated, responsible adult and can form my own opinions and express them for others to listen to and then form theirs. If only this country was still full of people like this we could really do great things...

Like anyone gives a f#*k what some random k state fan thinks. Come on man, you can come up with a better argument than that. That's terrible.

• Fire 5

When Bo wins a conference championship they will still say "Wait for next year. The schedule was weak. I still think he's an embarrassment to the state." . . . Until Bo makes the changes that half this fan base wants, it will always be perceived as "us against them".

It's sort of funny that you have both of those in a single post. Winning a conference championship is exactly the sort of change that the fan base wants.

I admire your confidence that you think that it's inevitable that Bo will actually win a conference championship.