Lets see if the brass supports the coach and team.

That's all I see though...Nebraska as a university or football program doesn't have biased reporting going against it...I think they just have a lack of respect right now...which is something they'll have to earn back through wins.

I reckon that's all I was saying.

And my statement remains completely logical, true and awesome.

Our problem has been Nebraska, not the media. We have pretty much fallen through our arse the last three years, when in fact the media was supporting us. Every fan base, seems to think ESPN is out to get them. My boss feels that ESPN hates SC. Bama fans think ESPN hates them. Herbstreit who most Nebraska fans hate, loves Pelini, and has backed him since day one. Mark May, who again all on here seem to hate, just tells it like it is. We don't like how we are playing and they report it. Not bias to me.

Now is the media anti/critique Bo heavy? Yes, but again he brings that upon himself, and onto Nebraska because it has been condoned.

KC, recruiting salaries/departments seem to fall under other categories it seems. How do you hide a department with over 50 employees, by having a booster run it from outside the University.

Our problem has been Nebraska, not the media. We have pretty much fallen through our arse the last three years, when in fact the media was supporting us. Every fan base, seems to think ESPN is out to get them. My boss feels that ESPN hates SC. Bama fans think ESPN hates them. Herbstreit who most Nebraska fans hate, loves Pelini, and has backed him since day one. Mark May, who again all on here seem to hate, just tells it like it is. We don't like how we are playing and they report it. Not bias to me.

Next you're gonna tell me Skip Bayless enjoys thoughtful discussion and that Ed Cunningham is the best announcer for ESPN.

Now is the media anti/critique Bo heavy? Yes, but again he brings that upon himself, and onto Nebraska because it has been condoned.

KC, recruiting salaries/departments seem to fall under other categories it seems. How do you hide a department with over 50 employees, by having a booster run it from outside the University.

Thats all fine and dandy, except the Mark May part. The guy's an idiot, and i'm afraid you discredited your entire line of thinking with the mentioning of that name.

• Fire 3

In 2010 we spent 340 they spent 447. We passed them by a little in 2011. Benning said as much on radio show ahwile back, a d i think he was referring to more recent stats. Still shouldn't be competing with ISU. With as much money as we are about to make being in the big 10 we can afford to be one of the top spenders in the country, and we need to be to keep up. When Florida can send over 200 some kids to D1 and Nebraska sends 5 or 6, we need to be spending more, yet SEC schools are spending twice as much, and the talent is in their area.

We are one of the top spenders. Outside of a handful of schools, very few are spending more than 550-600k. I'd say we are in the top 15% or so in spending at almost 500k. It's not about comparing to ISU. If you want to play the comparison game we are spending more than...

Florida State (by 45k)

Michigan St. (by 90k)

South Carolina (by 230k)

Missouri (by 115k)

Oklahoma (by 120k)

UCF (by 210k)

Ohio State (by 160k)

LSU (by 175k)

Louisville (by 245k)

UCLA (by 65k)

Oklahoma St. (by 250k)

A&M (by 235k)

Arizona St. (by 250k)

Wisonsin (by 275k)

Washington (by 30k)

Stanford/Baylor/USC/ND/Duke/Vanderbilt (don't report but I'd bet we outspend them all)

...which happens to be all but a few of the top 25. And considering we were one of the bigger year-over-year gains in the list (the most recent list couldn't be any newer than 2012 or so), I'd say we continued the trend to remain competitive.

Bottom line, we don't lack for spending in comparison to other teams. We aren't Tennessee at 1.5 million...but we aren't ignoring recruiting either. Don't compare us to ISU if you aren't going to compare us to Ohio State, Michigan State, Oklahoma, LSU, Wisconsin and the large number of other teams that would pummel us yet still spend less on recruiting.

Your not seeing the whole picture. The numbers your quoting dont tell the whole story. This article will help. We are getting left behind, and it's just getting worse by the year. Ohio State makes a huge hire in getting Larry Johnson. Look at the assistants Texas is getting, they are going all out.

Compare the football office personnel at Alabama and Auburn on the school web sites. They haven’t been updated to reflect all the current personnel moves at each school - Alabama also has hired Vigor High coach Kerry Stevenson as director of player development - but Auburn’s football staff, including the 10 coaches, lists 18 people, with three more included under the heading "recruiting."

Alabama’s staff lists 28.

This isn't in the those numbers is it? Neither is Kevin Steele's reported 200k a year salary. Alabama has 28 people on their staff. We are looking at hiring two???? At 40k a year?? As Da Skers said Bo wanted 6 and they are only giving him 2. The rich is getting richer and we are falling behind, and it's becoming painfully obvious the admin is doing their part in holding us back. On top of that alot of sec teams are paying recruits. It's a no win situation.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/02/scarbinsky_8.html

It goes without saying, but winning is the best remedy for deterring most (not all) criticism. Alabama fans think ESPN hates them, but there were also some fans calling for Saban's firing after he lost to Auburn. Granted, every fan base has their idiots, but Alabama makes irrationality an art form. If Nebraska can stop pooping their big boy pants on national television and start winning games of substance, then local/national media will be friendlier and the perception will shift.

It really is stunning how quickly they turned on Saban, and how his calling for a 57 yard field goal with :01 left suddenly landed him in the bonehead hall-of-fame.

This had Pinkel Factor written all over it.

Strange why they would be mad at Saban for losing. They did it in the best interests of the SEC. Think about it.

Missouri was already going to go to the SEC Championship.

If Alabama loses to Auburn they won't drop far in the BCS and Auburn goes to SEC Championship.

If Florida State loses to Duke in the ACC Championship, they probably don't go to the NC

If Ohio State loses to Michigan State in the B1G Championship, they don't go to the NC

That puts Bama and either a one loss Missouri or Auburn in the NC game.

It was a calculated risk that would have paid off if Florida St loses to Duke.

Pretty smart on the part of the SEC and Saban.

I shall remove my tin foil hat now.