Huskers picked 3rd in B1G West

robsker

If we finish 3rd in the west, I predict it will be Bo's last season at NU. This would probably mean another 4 loss season (or 3 L at the best). Year 7 and this is the best we can expect! :dunno Bo proclaimed that he came here 'to win championships'. :restore2 And later after the Arizona win that "Nebraska is Back" .

We can't be nationally relevant as 3rd in a division unless you are playing the spoiler role. :facepalm:

Personally, I'd like to think our talent level is better than this. I think the QB situation will be better than expected, RB and receivers are tops in Big 10 and the D has improved. But, I don't see what is happening wt the other teams and perhaps the sports writer based his view on how the other big 10 teams are improving.

If we finish this low, it is time for a fresh start as I don't see it getting better - this schedule is still relatively week - even though we travel to IOWA(oh, no when did traveling to Iowa make one fearful :ahhhhhhhh except possibly in the Hayden Fry years).

If we end up 3rd or even 2nd we have deep systematic issues that can't be addressed outside of major changes. Just my humble opinion.

If we don't see a more consistent offense this year and we keep our OC then we have a HC that really doesn't know what he is doing. We got away from the run too much. We need to run more like in 09 when we were pounding it and wearing down the defense line. there is no reason why we start off running only to end the drive with a 3 and out on passing.

I missed my calling. Who would've thought that predicting college football games weeks before a spring game, 6+ months before the season starts, with absolutely NO idea who might get injured, who might pan out, who might quit the team, etc....could turn into such a lucrative business. I wonder how many weather forecasters are jealous of these guys.

If we finish 3rd in the west, I predict it will be Bo's last season at NU. This would probably mean another 4 loss season (or 3 L at the best). Year 7 and this is the best we can expect! :dunno Bo proclaimed that he came here 'to win championships'. :restore2 And later after the Arizona win that "Nebraska is Back" .

We can't be nationally relevant as 3rd in a division unless you are playing the spoiler role. :facepalm:

Personally, I'd like to think our talent level is better than this. I think the QB situation will be better than expected, RB and receivers are tops in Big 10 and the D has improved. But, I don't see what is happening wt the other teams and perhaps the sports writer based his view on how the other big 10 teams are improving.

If we finish this low, it is time for a fresh start as I don't see it getting better - this schedule is still relatively week - even though we travel to IOWA(oh, no when did traveling to Iowa make one fearful :ahhhhhhhh except possibly in the Hayden Fry years).

If we end up 3rd or even 2nd we have deep systematic issues that can't be addressed outside of major changes. Just my humble opinion.

When is the last time Nebraska has spoiled anyone's season?

They spoiled mine last season.

Seriously, 3rd place in the Big Ten west is the very definition of mediocrity. It's amazing the amount of people shrugging their shoulders and saying this is somehow ok because Mystery Coach X could go 5-7 just like Callahan did once.

Well, in this conference, 5-7 is just about an impossibility without nuclear immolation. I will never understand the refusal to expect more than #9wins and mental mistakes that take two hands to count against any team with a pulse from Nebraska football or this coaching staff.

• Fire 2

If we don't see a more consistent offense this year and we keep our OC then we have a HC that really doesn't know what he is doing. We got away from the run too much. We need to run more like in 09 when we were pounding it and wearing down the defense line. there is no reason why we start off running only to end the drive with a 3 and out on passing.

I'd prefer we don't do anything resembling the worst Nebraska offense since Eisenhower.

Seriously, 3rd place in the Big Ten west is the very definition of mediocrity. It's amazing the amount of people shrugging their shoulders and saying this is somehow ok because Mystery Coach X could go 5-7 just like Callahan did once.

Well, in this conference, 5-7 is just about an impossibility without nuclear immolation. I will never understand the refusal to expect more than #9wins and mental mistakes that take two hands to count against any team with a pulse from Nebraska football or this coaching staff.

Who exactly is doing this?

When is the last time Nebraska has spoiled anyone's season?

They spoiled mine last season.

Maybe I should've been more clear. I was referring to opponents' teams that had something to play for. Not fans that had their dreams crushed by college students not living up to expectations.

My dreams weren't crushed. But thanks for the hyperbole. I just have this crazy, half cocked idea that one of the better compensated coaching staffs, at one of the more famous football institutions, surrounded by highly recruited players, who have some of the best facilities on the planet, who demand unconditional support from one of the best fanbases in the nation, and certainly ACT like they've won something comparable to the legendary teams of the past, actually do so at least once in four presidential terms.

Crazy. I know.

• Fire 3

Who exactly is doing this?

Lots of people.

• Fire 2

The Solich to Callahan transition doesn't mean it "would" happen that way again......but it means it did happen that way before. Pelini has been successful at Nebraska. It's easier to say a coaching move should be made when you're not actually responsible for the athletic department budget. There is huge risk attached to firing a successful coach. I'm guessing that's more than a small factor in Eichorst's decision making.