Our Class Ranking?

Iowa had no wins against ranked teams. Iowa's premiere win last year was against...Nebraska or Michigan...depending on which program you feel had the higher prestige last year.

They lost to Northern Illinois, a team beat by 20 points by Bowling Green and 7 points by Utah State.

I'm stating this so you know that Iowa was not better than Nebraska on any given day....they were better than Nebraska on gameday. That's what counts...but it doesn't make them better overall last year than Nebraska.

Did Nebraska have any wins over ranked teams - maybe Georgia? Iowa's 4 losses came to all top 15 teams. At the time they played us, i think their combined records were something like 45-3. Iowa was a better team last year, and it showed when it mattered. I don't see why it's so difficult to admit that. We'll get em next year (actually we probably won't)

Iowa had no wins against ranked teams. Iowa's premiere win last year was against...Nebraska or Michigan...depending on which program you feel had the higher prestige last year.

They lost to Northern Illinois, a team beat by 20 points by Bowling Green and 7 points by Utah State.

I'm stating this so you know that Iowa was not better than Nebraska on any given day....they were better than Nebraska on gameday. That's what counts...but it doesn't make them better overall last year than Nebraska.

Did Nebraska have any wins over ranked teams - maybe Georgia? Iowa's 4 losses came to all top 15 teams. At the time they played us, i think their combined records were something like 45-3. Iowa was a better team last year, and it showed when it mattered. I don't see why it's so difficult to admit that. We'll get em next year (actually we probably won't)

We will. Those 3 SR LB'ers they had were absolute studs and tore us apart....but they are now gone.

Iowa had no wins against ranked teams.  Iowa's premiere win last year was against...Nebraska or Michigan...depending on which program you feel had the higher prestige last year.

I'm stating this so you know that Iowa was not better than Nebraska on any given day....they were better than Nebraska on gameday.  That's what counts...but it doesn't make them better overall last year than Nebraska.

Did Nebraska have any wins over ranked teams - maybe Georgia?  Iowa's 4 losses came to all top 15 teams.  At the time they played us, i think their combined records were something like 45-3.  Iowa was a better team last year, and it showed when it mattered.  I don't see why it's so difficult to admit that.  We'll get em next year (actually we probably won't)

It doesn't really matter...there is no evidence of them being 'better all year' than Nebraska.  They were better against a 3rd string QB, ailing receivers, and a banged up line and a banged up defensive line on that particular day.

You are a massive f****t/jew

• Fire 1

But, you did state that we're 3-1 against those teams in the last 1.5 years. Why leave out the Ohio State loss?

Because that doesn't fall in the last 1.5 years? :dunno

Perhaps it's better to address why you chose 1.5 seasons instead of 2. Doing that allowed you to ignore the Ohio State loss.

And while the victory against Wisconsin is great, they have pounded us twice and were a better team last season. They have been better than us each season since we joined the B1G.

Pretty steady pattern of emphasizing the losses and ignoring or discounting the wins. I think we're good here.

I'm with you Devnet, Iowa was better that day, doesn't meant they were better all year. I would say that Iowa and Nebraska were a pretty even match up last year. Iowa played really well in that game last year and really won the field position battle.

I also agree that it is stupid to dismiss Wisconsin, Iowa or Minnesota for that matter as being "just Iowa or just Minnesota". The days of anyone, not just Nebraska, lining up a spanking most team just because is over. Ask Wisky about Penn St. last year.

Michigan also needs to get over their view of Sparty as their little brother or they are going to get steamrolled many more times than they would like. What was that game something like 40-10.

I guess my point is that lots of Nebraska, Michigan or OSU fans don't like to admit that other teams can and do get better and that they can compete on the same level as them in a lot of cases.

But, you did state that we're 3-1 against those teams in the last 1.5 years. Why leave out the Ohio State loss?

Perhaps it's better to address why you chose 1.5 seasons instead of 2. Doing that allowed you to ignore the Ohio State loss.

And while the victory against Wisconsin is great, they have pounded us twice and were a better team last season. They have been better than us each season since we joined the B1G.

Pretty steady pattern of emphasizing the losses and ignoring or discounting the wins. I think we're good here.

Aren't you doing the exact opposite? I'm as happy about beating Wisconsin as the next guy, but using that victory in an argument that suggests we were as good as them that year doesn't hold water.

Wins can tell you things, losses can tell you things. But in this instance, our losses against Wisconsin tells me more than our win.

Aren't you doing the exact opposite? I'm as happy about beating Wisconsin as the next guy, but using that victory in an argument that suggests we were as good as them that year doesn't hold water.

Wins can tell you things, losses can tell you things. But in this instance, our losses against Wisconsin tells me more than our win.

No. I've always listed both wins and losses. You keep only pointing out the losses. Or trying to say we aren't as good as teams we beat. Or that teams we beat really aren't that good.