Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion Thread

Mavric

I'm disappointed. Of course I like RW but I hate most of the rest of the Seahawks and Carroll...on the other hand I like Peyton, Ball and Denver as a franchise so I just wanted this game to be good and close. Kind of a bummer.

Quick and unrelated question I was thinking about earlier today. Does this game in anyway change your view of Eli? Move him up relative to his brother at all?

I'm disappointed. Of course I like RW but I hate most of the rest of the Seahawks and Carroll...on the other hand I like Peyton, Ball and Denver as a franchise so I just wanted this game to be good and close. Kind of a bummer.

Quick and unrelated question I was thinking about earlier today. Does this game in anyway change your view of Eli? Move him up relative to his brother at all?

Hard to say. There careers aren't over.

If you had to list the top 10 QB's in the League is Eli in it?

I'm not sure he's in mine though Peyton is probably #1...just blows my mind that Eli has more rings. Proof that a great QB isn't everything and that this game isn't fully on his shoulders.

If you had to list the top 10 QB's in the League is Eli in your top 10?

I'm not sure he's in mine though Peyton is probably #1...just blows my mind that Eli has more rings. Proof that a great QB isn't everything and that this game isn't fully on his shoulders.

This is the key.

This one ranks right up there when Doug Williams went all gang nam style on the donkeys

Nah, XXIV remains the most lopsided in history -- the 49ers won, 55-10. So while it's still possible, Denver still has a ways to go to take that record away from...Denver.

Difference is those Bronco teams were CARRIED by Elway - they really didn't have the talent around him to deserve to be there. This Bronco team has talent everywhere on offense. They just found about every possible way to implode today.

If you had to list the top 10 QB's in the League is Eli in your top 10?

Not sure I would put either in the top 10.

I think Peyton is a better numbers guy, but Eli has SB Championships on Peyton. Not that matters.

I'd take Elway over Peyton all day, Marino, too.

To many variables to consider.

I don't think I'll ever, ever be able to wrap my head around the fact that Eli has two rings and he beat my Patriots for both of them.

Peyton simply has to be one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game; one bad day may affect his legacy but not his status...but yikes!

Those Seahawks are incredible.

Not sure which sucks more: Broncos getting blown out or Pete Carroll being the beneficiary.

For Broncos fans probably the blow out. For everyone else it has to be Carroll. I dislike that guy.

Three other Questions:

1. Who is SB MVP?

2. For those that played close attention (or if the commentators mentioned it and I missed it)...how did Sherman do tonight before the injury. Did he live up to his own hype?

3. Where are all the "Chefs/Vikings/Patriots/Cowgirls/Bears/Packers" talking smack about Denver? Having a hard time finding that.

2. For those that played close attention (or if the commentators mentioned it and I missed it)...how did Sherman do tonight before the injury. Did he live up to his own hype?

They only threw at him a couple times. I think they caught one pass in front on him and he made the tackle. That's about it.