Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion Thread

Mavric

Game opened up PickEm. Denver now favored by 2.5

Seattle is the first team in 24 years to not have a player on their roster that has played in a previous Super Bowl

Will likely be the coldest on-field temperature in Super Bowl history. May seem obvious but the record is 39 in New Orleans for Super Bowl VI

I know Seattle is talented, but that stat about none of them being here before, I think that counts for a lot. Especially Russell Wilson. I don't know if he's ready for this. If Denver can shut down Marshawn Lynch, I like Denver's chances. The weather of course can prove to be a huge factor. Still, even if Manning can't get a rythym, Knowshon Moreno is equally capable of carrying this team.

Seattle has a great running game and Lynch deserves the Beast moniker. But New England was no slouch running the ball this year either (7 yds/game fewer than Seattle) and I was impressed with how well Denver played New England's run game. Doesn't mean they can shut down Seattle's but I feel better than I did a week ago. Load the box and take your chances.

Denvers run D has been good this year and amazing the last few games. I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks but I just don't see this being a very close game. That alone makes me think I might be delusionally over confident.

I would love to see a snow/blizzard game (just like them) but I would also like to see an outcome that isn't influenced by the weather. Broncos by 17.

It's tough to get behind Seattle in this one. The running game and defense has a chance to help them win, especially if the weather is poor. But, it's really tough to pick against Manning especially when the team he's going up against doesn't have a single player who has ever been.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it close, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see Denver win by a couple scores.

Had not heard this story:

But Smith, Inmate No. 89426-020, and Thomas, Inmate No. 89378-020, have no choice but to settle for their room-temperature seats in front of a community TV inside the low-security Federal Correctional Institution that houses them. They will watch the Denver Broncos play the Seattle Seahawks with dozens of fellow female inmates, many of them wearing T-shirts carrying Demaryius' number, 88, and some wearing his number and initials on their cheeks.

"It will be a bittersweet situation," Smith said Monday night. "Sweet that my son made it to this point, and bitter that I'm not there to celebrate this time in his life."

They are convicted drug traffickers, Katina and Minnie Pearl, and you'd never know it by talking to them and measuring their yes-sir, no-sir approach for close to an hour. Some 15 years after the cops stormed their Georgia home and busted their crack cocaine operation while 11-year-old Demaryius lay terrified in his bed, Katina and Minnie Pearl serve as mentors and role models among the 1,116 women incarcerated in the FCI. According to Edith Barefoot, the facility's public information officer, Demaryius' mother and grandmother are so respectful of staff and so committed to their jobs and classes, and to the betterment of younger inmates, that they've been granted preferred housing as a reward.

ESPN Article

Had not heard this story:

But Smith, Inmate No. 89426-020, and Thomas, Inmate No. 89378-020, have no choice but to settle for their room-temperature seats in front of a community TV inside the low-security Federal Correctional Institution that houses them. They will watch the Denver Broncos play the Seattle Seahawks with dozens of fellow female inmates, many of them wearing T-shirts carrying Demaryius' number, 88, and some wearing his number and initials on their cheeks.

"It will be a bittersweet situation," Smith said Monday night. "Sweet that my son made it to this point, and bitter that I'm not there to celebrate this time in his life."

They are convicted drug traffickers, Katina and Minnie Pearl, and you'd never know it by talking to them and measuring their yes-sir, no-sir approach for close to an hour. Some 15 years after the cops stormed their Georgia home and busted their crack cocaine operation while 11-year-old Demaryius lay terrified in his bed, Katina and Minnie Pearl serve as mentors and role models among the 1,116 women incarcerated in the FCI. According to Edith Barefoot, the facility's public information officer, Demaryius' mother and grandmother are so respectful of staff and so committed to their jobs and classes, and to the betterment of younger inmates, that they've been granted preferred housing as a reward.

ESPN Article

Yeah, that's a tough situation for Demaryius. He is one of my favorite players [i'm a Broncos fan], and hope that they beat Seattle.

FOX Sports Live@FOXSportsLive 5m

BREAKING NEWS: Update on the reports of hazardous materials in numerous hotels near MetLife Stadium. - http://snpy.tv/1frLecI

Breaking News@BreakingNews 4m

Authorities investigating delivery of packages containing suspicious white powder at 3 New Jersey hotels - @ABC7NY http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9414831 …

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo 4m

Bergen County executive's office tells @FOXSports1 FBI is involved in this investigation of multiple scenes. Bergen County bomb squad too

Retweeted by FOX Sports 1

FOX Sports Live@FOXSportsLive 2m

BREAKING NEWS: Update on the reports of suspicious materials in multiple hotels near MetLife Stadium. - http://snpy.tv/1frLecI