Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion Thread

Mavric

Two 50 Yard Line Tickets available:

Fred Couples bought two tickets to the Super Bowl six months ago on a hunch that his hometown Seattle Seahawks would make it to the game.

Birdies on his final two holes Friday at the Dubai Desert Classic mean he'll have to watch the game in a U.A.E. airport.

Couples, 54, the 1992 Masters champion, made the cut with his late flurry at Emirates Golf Club, meaning he's giving up his seat on the 50-yard line.

"Call me stupid,'' said Couples, who raised the "12th Man" flag before the Seahawks' "Monday Night Football" game against the Saints on Dec. 2.

The winner of the Dubai Desert Classic in 1995, Couples came back as part of the tournament's 25-year anniversary celebration. Given his chronic back problems, Couples was unsure if he was going to play.

Fred Couples birdied his final two holes Friday at the Dubai Desert Classic to make the cut, meaning he'll have to punt on plans to attend the Super Bowl on Sunday.

But he's fared well, shooting 3-under 141 for two rounds and was in a tie for 44th.

"I tried to bogey [No. 16] and I did. I tried to bogey 13, the par-5, and I did,'' Couples quipped. "I just couldn't butcher enough holes.''

ESPN Article

Prop bets for today.

Some of my picks:

Lynch OVER 90.5 rushing yards - I think they keep feeding him the rock

Sacks by Seattle UNDER 2 - Manning gets rid of the ball too quickly

"Omaha"s by Manning OVER 27.5 - I think it's gotten so much publicity that he tries to use it to pull the Seahawks off

Wilson UNDER 210 passing yards - last game was the first time he was over that number in two months, and it was only by 5 yards.

Moreno OVER 59 rushing yards - Seattle plays coverage and Moreno has some room

D. Thomas UNDER 73.5 receiving yards - Sherman is good and Peyton looks elsewhere