Super Bowl XLVIII Discussion Thread

Mavric

In 2008, I watched Wolfpack vs. other team game and the QB starter was Harrison Beck. Despite Harrison's mom :), he was benched midway through the game after ineffective and a couple of picks. QB replacement: Russel Wilson.

:o

In 2011 I watched my Huskers get torched in Wisconsin. QB Russel Wilson.

I was really impressed with Seattle's DB's and LB's. Any time someone attempted a catch over the middle they were punished for it, and if they caught it there were 3 guys on them before they could get a second step.

I think Peyton has some issues (other than him doing his thing in a big game again). Just from an outsiders perspective, his arm seemed to die as the season went along. I remember saying at the beginning of the season how sharp he looked, and about 3/4 of the way through the season he just didn't have any zip on the ball anymore. Last night he had absolutely nothing on his passes, he can throw a long ball, but his short and intermediate passes seem to hang now. I honestly be surprised if he makes it past another year right now.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10395376/super-bowl-xlviii-peyton-manning-says-embarrassing-insulting-word

Peyton Manning is all class. Period. Bummer last night went the way it did, and yes, I too question why he seems to struggle in some big games. I won't question who great a QB he really is, or what a damn good person he is. Just wish last night could have gone differently for him and his teammates. I'm sure they are really feeling like they let themselves down. Still staying classy all the way, and lots of Broncos thanking the fans for the rocking season of support.

I still wore my Broncos cap today. GO BRONCOS!

http://espn.go.com/n...-insulting-word

Peyton Manning is all class. Period. Bummer last night went the way it did, and yes, I too question why he seems to struggle in some big games. I won't question who great a QB he really is, or what a damn good person he is. Just wish last night could have gone differently for him and his teammates. I'm sure they are really feeling like they let themselves down. Still staying classy all the way, and lots of Broncos thanking the fans for the rocking season of support.

Boise State Broncos ?? ;)

http://espn.go.com/n...-insulting-word

Boise State Broncos ?? ;)

OJ Simpson's Bronco??

http://www.nfl.com/n...-well-for-noise

Somewhat disappointing.

To be fair, Wes hears a ringing sound all the time and it probably echoes in that Great Gazoo helmet he's been wearing.

Dude needs to retire. He has that 1000-mile stare all the time. He'll be completely brain dead by the time he's 50.

Yeah. He should talk to Steve Young about concussions. If he could remember who Steve Young is. Or if Steve Young can remember anything about concussions.

I'm trying to get a feel for this topic. Are they trying to blame the rest of the game on that first play? I know that now that the game is over, and seeing what we saw, and knowing what we know, that that play was really a tone setter. But seriously, there was 59 minutes and 48 seconds of football left after that play and it was only 2-0. That one play pretty much had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. As far as crowd noise goes, yeah it was loud. But theyve played in louder. They went into frickin Arrowhead and had no problems, amongst other places. I cant imagine that place being any more hostile than that. I dont get it I guess. The way i see it, Denver was gettin whooped on, safety or not. Denver came to play. Seattle came to win.

• Fire 1

I'm trying to get a feel for this topic. Are they trying to blame the rest of the game on that first play? I know that now that the game is over, and seeing what we saw, and knowing what we know, that that play was really a tone setter. But seriously, there was 59 minutes and 48 seconds of football left after that play and it was only 2-0. That one play pretty much had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. As far as crowd noise goes, yeah it was loud. But theyve played in louder. They went into frickin Arrowhead and had no problems, amongst other places. I cant imagine that place being any more hostile than that. I dont get it I guess. The way i see it, Denver was gettin whooped on, safety or not. Denver came to play. Seattle came to win.

I look at it the other way and think everyone tries to make a story out of everything. It was a big play right off the bat and it's going to get a lot of questions asked about it. They have to say something. I think "didn't prepare well enough" is more along the lines of how it should have been phrased. All Mannings hand gestures and other antics are designed to be used when they can't hear each other so they use them all the time. I think the only issue is the wording they used to describe it.

It figures someone would get that impression. You can call it an excuse, but they'd better have an excuse for every single ire thing they f'd up along the way. There were a million reasons Denver lost that game. I viewed the article in quite the opposite way. I thought it was an admittance of how poorly they prepared. An outright confession that they should have practiced for the crowd noise and were foolish not to. Practice and preparation happens to be a big part of this game fellas. I think some of you forget that. If they didn't practice communication for the Super Bowl, then I call that a fairly idiotic blunder, hardly an "excuse" I would admit to.