Youth as an excuse........?

Comish

Slight difference the the caliber of player they have been signing and what is in Lincoln right now. MSU has a long tradition of winning, and Mich has done a lot of winning in the time frame kids can remember. Nebraska has been a bottom feeder for the history of basketball. Not many future NBA players have attended Nebraska in the last decade. Miles has to do one hell of a recruiting job to get kids.

Just started watching the Michigan - Michigan St game.

Horrified to see that they both start the exact same lineup in terms of seniority that we do.........1 Senior; 3 Sophmores; 1 Freshman.

Yikes !

Talent can obviously mask youth/experience. The fact that this is nebrasketball is more of a valid excuse than youth.

Always wondered why we didn't do better in Basketball.

Highschool Basketball seemed to thrive in the state..at least where I grew up..We seemed to make the State tournament preety frequently..always sold out the hometown arena..Plus when you get right down to it..you don't need near as many bodies to field a team..and teamwork can still usually beat talent.

Slight difference the the caliber of player they have been signing and what is in Lincoln right now. MSU has a long tradition of winning, and Mich has done a lot of winning in the time frame kids can remember. Nebraska has been a bottom feeder for the history of basketball. Not many future NBA players have attended Nebraska in the last decade. Miles has to do one hell of a recruiting job to get kids.

Agree with you (and with the other responders). It was just a sobering reminder that we (at least myself) have been rationalizing some of our struggles as a product of youth, and then thinking that well, at least we will bring virtually the same group back next year. Looks like that may be BOTH the good news and the bad news!

Agree with you (and with the other responders). It was just a sobering reminder that we (at least myself) have been rationalizing some of our struggles as a product of youth, and then thinking that well, at least we will bring virtually the same group back next year. Looks like that may be BOTH the good news and the bad news!

Hawkins & Webster will have a year to mature, along with RF Fuller. The speed of the game is too fast for them right now. Plus we will add 6' 10" Hammond. I would also image we will add a big or a pg. I like the way we are going!

Hawkins & Webster will have a year to mature, along with RF Fuller. The speed of the game is too fast for them right now. Plus we will add 6' 10" Hammond. I would also image we will add a big or a pg. I like the way we are going!

Like the positive and I do agree with you. But, have you heard any rumblings that Webster is unhappy here? (I've only heard it a couple of times from friends in Omaha). Sure hope he hangs in there, because he does seem to be getting a little more up to speed.

Like the positive and I do agree with you. But, have you heard any rumblings that Webster is unhappy here? (I've only heard it a couple of times from friends in Omaha). Sure hope he hangs in there, because he does seem to be getting a little more up to speed.

I have heard nothing to that, but I will check my sources at UNL.

I think it has more to do with not a lot of experience playing together than actual age. If you take Creighton as an example, when you look at the starting line up this weekend, it included 3 seniors and 2 juniors. For the season, you can throw Gibbs in as a Sr.

These guys have been playing together for 3 -4 years now. Yes, they have McDermott that is a game changer. But, even he wouldn't be as good as he is without the very experienced team around him.

This team should grow and keep getting better. Miles has a base of very good players to build on. Keep getting them experience and teaching them what it means to play as a team. Keep bringing in better and better athletes and this is going to be a very fun program to watch.