Best Husker Football Paid Subscription

I received this from an informed source in response to this thread. Posted as received:

The dirty little secret that most of us don't want people to know anymore (ESPECIALLY the paid sites) is that 95% of the time, "breaking" news means you tweeted it more than 30 seconds before anyone else. You don't get any info from a paid site that won't come from free outlets, because everyone wants to get the news out ASAP. The recruiting sites do have some "exclusive" recruiting info, but it's going to be released VERY shortly after its posted in a VIP room or premium thread anyway. That "premium" and "VIP" and "exclusive" info makes up a VERY small portion of their content. Basically, you're paying for updates, notebooks and interviews you can get for free from most free outlets (like OWH or LJS website). The "exclusive" stuff is probably 2% of the content you pay for. All of us media members are at the same press conferences and post-practice media availability.

There was some discussion about UNL starting their own media service that would give you access to practice reports, off season workouts, players, coaches, recruiting services (off the record of course. wink.wink.). Coaches would give break down after the games as well as let you in on other behind the scene stuff. I'm sure it will be mostly good PR stories (Think of the OWH during the 80's and 90's or Randy York kind of stuff now.) I don't know if it died or if its a year off. I do know it would limit some of the contact the local services and news outlets would get to the program which is greatly desired by the AD. I'd bet if its a go you'll know something by fall camp. I'd hold out till then. It may be part of the 2017 full membership stuff.

While you were there, did you get any truly "inside" info that you couldn't get anywhere else?

A few years ago, we did. I mean, there was the usual scuttlebutt that hit before the news got it, but there was some decent "insider" stuff posted as well. The problem was, a few of the guys who were regulars with good info were run off.

Ha; nice signature pic saunders45!

Guess that means I need to put up something like this since I am an intern... haha

sport-graphics-weightlifting-873921.gif

ill make you one!

Save your money and buy a Huskerboard Gold Membership™. It gives you access to the Grotto, a subforum only for gold users, viewing rights to the mod board, the right to ban anyone you want on your birthday and knapplc records an answering machine message for you.

Well worth it.

Thanks to everyone who replied! It seems almost unanimous that a paid subscription is flushing money down a toilet. Therefore I WILL BE spending my money here with my good friends at Huskerboard! To be honest, I'm very happy about doing so, since I've always enjoyed the colorful characters we have as members, both those who put a brighter outlook on Husker Football and yes, also those who see Husker Football as a darker place right now.

Thanks again to everyone and especially Knapplc who has always answered any questions I've had in a timely manner.

• Fire 1
Thanks to everyone who replied! It seems almost unanimous that a paid subscription is flushing money down a toilet. Therefore I WILL BE spending my money here with my good friends at Huskerboard! To be honest, I'm very happy about doing so, since I've always enjoyed the colorful characters we have as members, both those who put a brighter outlook on Husker Football and yes, also those who see Husker Football as a darker place right now.

Thanks again to everyone and especially Knapplc who has always answered any questions I've had in a timely manner.

You can make the check out to me.

Or just send me your numbers. I charge a convienience fee for that tho