Changes to the Starting Lineup procedures

knapplc

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I asked these questions in the main Starting Lineup thread but either nobody's seen them or... I don't know. But I'd like some feedback on the Hall of Fame proposal, and the Panel of Really Serious and Knowledgeable Judges.

QUESTIONS:

1) Should induction into the Hall of Fame (and with that, becoming ineligible for future Starting Lineup positions) be mandatory or strictly voluntary?

2) What criteria should we have for induction? Must have been elected into the Starting Lineup twice? Three times? Four?

3) If we have a Hall of Fame, how should those folks be recognized? A separate Hall of Fame thread, avatars, both, something else?

4) Should the Panel of Really Serious and Knowledgeable Judges be solely made up of Hall of Fame members?

I asked these questions in the main Starting Lineup thread but either nobody's seen them or... I don't know. But I'd like some feedback on the Hall of Fame proposal, and the Panel of Really Serious and Knowledgeable Judges.

QUESTIONS:

1) Should induction into the Hall of Fame (and with that, becoming ineligible for future Starting Lineup positions) be mandatory or strictly voluntary?

2) What criteria should we have for induction? Must have been elected into the Starting Lineup twice? Three times? Four?

3) If we have a Hall of Fame, how should those folks be recognized? A separate Hall of Fame thread, avatars, both, something else?

4) Should the Panel of Really Serious and Knowledgeable Judges be solely made up of Hall of Fame members?

1. Voluntary (If mandatory we might dilute the pool of worthy candidates for the Starting Lineup.)

2. I would say at least 4 years on the squad. Maybe come up with some other qualification i.e. if you've had a "forum vacation" in the last x months/year you have to wait until the following year to be inducted.

3. I think a snazzy avatar would work.

QUESTIONS:

I think that it should be a situation where you pick a group who you think fit that and ask them... Those people get put in to a pool of 5-10 and then 3 spots each year are given(via a vote)

I would vote mandatory. Especially if you go with some sort of "after you've been elected x times" criteria.

Are we at five now? I've forgotten already. I'd go at least four and probably five. Gives you a chance to get several different selections before being "promoted".

I like the avatars personally but there could be something else as well. Someone mentioned expanding to assistant coaches and I've been rolling that around ever since, trying to come up with a way to incorporate something like that. The tricky part is that HC, OC and DC have usually been included in the voting but I've been trying to figure out a decent way that that "Hall of Fame" could use other jobs associated with the football team. We could take the three coaching spots out of the voting and have the "Hall of Fame" be the coaching staff. That would be 9-10 spots or so and could be listed each year in the thread. You could also use AD and throw in a couple Associate AD or other admin spots. I haven't really come up with anything I really like yet. Thought I'd throw it out there to see what anyone else thought. Other than that, perhaps just a regular Hall of Fame with a thread of some sort and an avatar to sport.

I'd lean toward yes although you could add a couple others as well. Depends on how many will be in the first Hall of Fame class.

Just my $0.02

• Fire 1

Knapp; this is your rest stop, we just pull over to water the lilies.

I think what you are doing works.

Only suggested additional position I can think of would be "long snapper" Not sure what else you could come up with that is not already in your mix.