2014 PGA Tour Discussion Thread

Mavric

I still maintain Tiger will win one more major (not a US Open though) but yikes his short game is rusty.

Too lazy to search .... what's the oldest winner in major championship ? Jack (Master)?

Tiger is 38 I believe. I say he will never win a major because prone injuries (torque extremes) and wild swings ala John Daly.

I still maintain Tiger will win one more major (not a US Open though) but yikes his short game is rusty.

Too lazy to search .... whats the oldest golfer in major championship winner? Jack (Master)?

Tiger is 38 I believe. I say he will never win a major because prone injuries (torque extremes) and wild swings ala John Daly.

Julius Boros: 1968 PGA Championship, 48 years, 4 months, 18 days
Jack Nicklaus: 1986 Masters, 46 years, 2 months, 23 days
Old Tom Morris: 1867 British Open, 46 years, 99 days
Jerry Barber: 1961 PGA Championship, 45 Years, 3 months, 6 days
Hale Irwin: 1990 U.S. Open, 45 years, 15 days old
Lee Trevino: 1984 PGA Championship, 44 years, 8 months, 18 days
Roberto de Vicenzo: 1967 British Open, 44 years, 93 days
Harry Vardon: 1914 British Open, 44 years, 41 days
Raymond Floyd: 1986 U.S. Open, 43 years, 9 months, 11 days
Ted Ray: 1920 U.S. Open, 43 years, 4 months, 16 days old
==============
Tiger wouldn't even be in the top 20. So I guess he still has time to mount a comeback. Kind of doubt if he does though.

Too lazy to search .... whats the oldest golfer in major championship winner? Jack (Master)?

Julius Boros: 1968 PGA Championship, 48 years, 4 months, 18 days

Interesting .....

Boros suffered a fatal heart attack in 1994 on the golf course at the Coral Ridge Country Club in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He was found sitting in a golf cart under a willow tree by two club members at 16th hole, his favorite spot on the course.

There are 3 players currently under age 50 with 20+ @PGATOUR wins. Tiger has 9 MC as pro. Phil has 70, Ernie Els has 55. LINK

Stat of the Century (updated): Tiger Woods has 79 career wins and 10 missed cuts.

79 wins and 10 missed cuts. That is absolutely wild. Nobody else comes even remotely close to that stat.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the BBC's Andrew Cotter, 10 years ago Rory McIlroy's father, Gerry, and three friends made a legal bet of 400 British pounds (100 each, equivalent to $170.87 currently) that the then-15-year-old would win the Open Championship by the age of 26.

On Sunday, the Northern Irishman will be 25 years, 2 months and 16 days, meaning his father and friends would collect 200,000 pounds (roughly $341,730). Though the bet actually stipulated that the younger McIlroy would win by the time he was 25, Cotter confirmed that even though McIlroy's 25th birthday has passed, the wager still counts as he has not yet turned 26.

ESPN