2014 PGA Tour Discussion Thread

Mavric

Jack Nicklaus won his 15th major at #TheOpen Championship when he was 38 years old, can @TigerWoods keep pace? pic.twitter.com/mcKeufaGto

BssUbOvIEAEuR7t.jpg

And at the age of 46, Nicklaus claimed his 18th major. Tiger will be 46 years old ..... still searching for 15th major. Jack is safe, guaranteed.

I'm surprised Sergio, now 34, got zero majors.

And Rory? 2nd major at 23 => hooked up with celebrity woman => unsuccessful => breaks off engagement with celebrity woman => success

At 25 Rory McIlroy is now three-fourths of the way to a career Grand Slam joining some very exclusive company pic.twitter.com/Md4iWsRKci

BtAYCnnCMAA0x2E.png

By rights this year's British Open should have been the final cup in Rory's career Grand Slam. He had the 2011 Master's in the bag. Then blew the back nine to give it away. Remember that epic choke? Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...

Sergio Garcia was on FIRE yesterday afternoon. Eight birdies for a 27 on the back nine. He tied the course record at Firestone with a 61. LINK

Rory is catching up, 3 behind. Sergo posted -14, Rory got -11 at the end of 3rd round.

BTW, Tiger Woods would NEVER win a major, stuck on 14 forever. Probably retire for competitive golf at 40 years old.

Tiger now pretty solidly an underdog to ever win another major. Hell, might be an underdog to ever win another tournament. His career is in big-time jeopardy you would have to think.

another fake injury?

Probably retire for competitive golf at 40 years old comes true after all. Or else 38.

I don't think he's faking it. Look at the video. That's how you look when you f#*k up your back. I'm not a huge fan of Tiger, but I feel for the guy. Hope he's able to get healthy again.

Yeah man, he probably double-bogeyed that hole and got mad and decided to fake it. Sure.

i got to say tschu, i really respect you and almost always agree with you, but i just do not see it. gotta disagree with you on this one, man.

haha well played

• Fire 1

Well Tiger did not apparently re-injure the surgically repaired disc and casing, so he's back in the PGA Championship! And 2-over through 5.

He has a hunger to be on the leaderboard. But he's just a shadow of the old Tiger. Not back yet.

Like I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of Tiger. But I do hope he makes his way back to his former greatness. It's more interesting on Sunday when he's in the hunt.