Fracking well explodes? Eh. Have a pizza.

On Feb. 11, an explosion at a Chevron natural gas well in Bobtown, Pa. exploded, killing one worker. The fire burned for four days and gas and heat are still emanating from the site. The cause of the explosion remains unknown at this time and residents of Bobtown remain understandably concerned about the safety of other wells in the area.

Screen-Shot-2014-02-17-at-11.17.49-AM.png

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/chevron-s--pizza-and-soda--apology-turns-tragedy-into-farce-150212809.html

Must be good pizza.

Just make sure to use it before it expires on May 1. :facepalm:

I wonder how many of these coupons the family of the deceased received for the "incident".

They probably get the pizza of their choice. Maybe throw in some breadsticks as well. They'll probably get a friendly reminder that the dipping sauce is an extra 50 cents though.

Must be good pizza.

Just make sure to use it before it expires on May 1. :facepalm:

I wonder how many of these coupons the family of the deceased received for the "incident".

They probably get the pizza of their choice. Maybe throw in some breadsticks as well. They'll probably get a friendly reminder that the dipping sauce is an extra 50 cents though.

I bet they get a 2 Liter of Pepsi too.

Edit: OH CRAP! I didn't notice the 2 liter was already included. That's class right there.

• Fire 1

Honestly, I keep thinking this is a joke or an urban legend that is going to end up on Snopes. But, it doesn't.....

If this honestly is true, it amazes me how idiotic some people are. OK..this is a big corporation. But, the people who think of these things are actually people. Who in the hell would think this is a great idea?

Honestly, I keep thinking this is a joke or an urban legend that is going to end up on Snopes. But, it doesn't.....

If this honestly is true, it amazes me how idiotic some people are. OK..this is a big corporation. But, the people who think of these things are actually people. Who in the hell would think this is a great idea?

And these are the people some of us want to build a pipeline through Nebraska and over the Ogallala aquifer.

• 4 months later...

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/3/5868671/oklahomas-earthquake-epidemic-linked-to-fracking-wastewater-disposal

Oklahoma has become the earthquake capital of the United States — with some 240 small earthquakes magnitude 3.0 or more already this year. That's about twice as many as California has gotten.

And in a new study in Science, researchers say they've pinpointed the culprit: the wastewater disposal wells used by the fracking industry.

Uh, what? If there's no damage to the people of the town, just send the letter expressing your sorrow for the person that was killed and emphasize the usual stuff about emphasis on safety and whatnot. Including token compensation puts a value on things and then you get into trouble.

Tone-wise, this is about as bad as BP's Snidely Whiplash CEO after the Gulf mess.

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/3/5868671/oklahomas-earthquake-epidemic-linked-to-fracking-wastewater-disposal

Oklahoma has become the earthquake capital of the United States — with some 240 small earthquakes magnitude 3.0 or more already this year. That's about twice as many as California has gotten.

And in a new study in Science, researchers say they've pinpointed the culprit: the wastewater disposal wells used by the fracking industry.

Yep, I live here in Tulsa. Most of the fracking is more central/western Okla and that is where most of the earthquakes occur. A friend of mine at work said his brother reports 2-3 quakes a week out at the their farm in central OK - towards Enid - maybe 75 miles west - northwest of OKC. We occasionally feel them in Tulsa. The 1st big one was 10 pm one night and I thought it was a low flying air plane until the house began to shake - I told my wife to get under the door frame - I think that is what they say in Calf. We were shocked - 1st time I've felt one and actually heard it coming. I think it was a 5.2 centered a bit east of OKC - 90 miles away from us.

Interesting about the earthquakes. I felt my first quake about 2 weeks ago, it was a 3.7 magnitude about 5 miles NE of my house. It was near a drilling/fracking site that they shutdown a few days ago because there had been 2 more smaller quakes in the same area. It was pretty hilarious though, I initially thought our dog was trying to crawl under the chair I was sitting in. All the neighbors wandered outside and were looking around like wtf. Probably not strange at all for somebody in Cali but I've never felt one before.