Sipple Q&A with Pelini

True touched on this, but for emphasis:

Q: Can you go directly to athletic director Shawn Eichorst if you feel the need? Folks continue to wonder about your relationship with Eichorst.

A: Yes. That's not an issue. Everything we've asked for, we've gotten.

Scratch one more excuse off the list.

Like he's gonna throw his boss under the bus.

lol.

Sure, but it's not like he was asked about getting everything he's asked for, he went out of his way to make that a point of emphasis.

Why else would he go directly to shawn? To share baking recipes?

Just finished reading this whole tread. That was exhausting.

Couple of things

1. Why is it that so many dislike BP dealing with the press and how he answers things, yet they think Dirk is a great writer that tells it like he sees it? Heck IMO part of the reason why Dirk and BP are at odds is because they are quite a bit alike in the way they present things.

2. I don't understand why some read so much into what BP says. If anything I find him to be pretty open about things that he wants to be open about and if he doesn't want to talk about it he just doesn't, kind of like Nick Sabin.

3. I want NU to win a big 10 championship just like everyone else, but it is entirely possible for NU to go 11-1 or 10-2 and not win their division. Michigan did it a couple of years ago. I think this scenario is entirely possible. It is also possible to go 8-4 and win the division and go on a win a conference title Wisconsin has done that.

4. I agree with Zoogies on the Administrative end of things. I think SE is trying to give BP the things he needs to be successful. I think he sees the potential BP has and that the University of Nebraska has athletically. I also think he realizes the inherent difficulties that Nebraska faces to reach its goals and how things may have to be done differently than at Wisconsin or Miami.

I don't know if BP is the answer. The way he speaks to the press doesn't bother me in the least, I find it refreshing. All he has to do is win and all will be forgiven. He will go from being a jerk to the press to just being gruff, kind of like Sabin. Winning cures all.

• Fire 2

More from Sipple:

So, my theory: By telling the state's two major newspapers last week he plans to open up practices to media -- and also by saying he may permanently shut off his assistants to media interviews, another first in his tenure -- he created discussion that deflects from at least one much more impactful (and uncomfortable) storyline: The pressure on the head coach and his staff this coming season to win and win big.

Granted, there’s always pressure on the Nebraska football coaching staff. Goes with the territory. Yada, yada, yada. But perhaps you can think back to last November, particularly to the week leading to the Iowa game. The “hot seat” speculation engulfed the program -- “engulfed” isn’t too strong. The situation had a profound impact on Pelini. Anything that diminishes that discussion is helpful. So, how about having the media focus on itself for awhile this off-season? We're awfully good at that.

I also wonder if Pelini opening practices to the media signifies a shift from Bo’s tendency toward an “us against the world” mentality, which obviously creates an inherently negative vibe.

Myself, and most of this board, have been begging Bo to work on this stuff for years. He finally is and everybody is pissed because they think it isn't genuine.

This place sometimes...

Because Bo is pretty good at coachspeak. Just because he says it doesn't mean it will translate to the field.

It's weird - that's the kind of quote that typically qualifies as evidence. "See? Player ___ or Coach ____ said this about ____."

Saunders is right, though: of course Bo wouldn't throw his boss under the boss, anyway (sidenote: He does have Sipple for that).

Though I think it's clear that what we're witnessing is a concerted unified front, and that comes from the top. Bo's not heading into this season dangling off a ledge, even if his job status is truly on shaky ground. Everyone is on the same page and doing everything possible, as long as Bo is here, to give him every opportunity and resource to succeed. It's great to see that all of Husker football is working towards that common goal: a successful 2014 season

Indeed, as further evidenced by Eichorst's comments here.

I think most of us agree that Pelini isn't going to throw him under the bus, but that doesn't refute what Pelini said.