CBS Article: Away from the sidelines, Nebraska's Pelini isn't that dragon

Bo Pelini is looking neither as he stands outside his office Friday at the Tom and Nancy Osborne Athletic Complex. He's waiting for me, waves as I step off the elevator and introduces himself. And this just won't do.

"You're the head football coach at Nebraska," are the first words out of my mouth as I meet Bo Pelini. "What are you doing out here, waiting on me? Know your place."

Pelini gives me that look -- equal parts confounded and dumbfounded, like the look he gave for this quick selfie -- and says: "What are you talking about? I'm just a regular guy. Don't believe what you read. I'm not a lunatic."

Matter of fact, I tell Pelini, you are a lunatic. On the sidelines, anyway.

"Everyone's intense on the sideline," he says. "You telling me Nick Saban isn't intense on the sideline?"

Sure, but he doesn't have that look.

"What look?" Pelini wants to know.

Well, have you seen Fargo?

"Yeah."

You know the killer?

Pelini, still standing near his office door, can't believe where this is heading. "The guy that puts people in the wood-chipper?"

That's the one. You look like that.

"Come on," Pelini says. "I don't look like that. That guy's a lunatic."

Bo, I say. So are you.

He just stares at me. Confounded and dumbfounded, leavened by a little wood-chipper.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24472210/away-from-the-sidelines-nebraskas-pelini-isnt-that-dragon-

• Fire 1

Does anyone know who the PR firm responsible for this offseason is? This is a serious question.

What are you insinuating? First off, I say Bo is mostly responsible. He probably sees the writing on the wall. Maybe the switch finally came on and he realizes how he has to change perceptionally. But what are you saying with this question? Does this upset you? If Bo really does change for the better, is he going to take that axe away from you?

Does anyone know who the PR firm responsible for this offseason is? This is a serious question.

What are you insinuating? First off, I say Bo is mostly responsible. He probably sees the writing on the wall. Maybe the switch finally came on and he realizes how he has to change perceptionally. But what are you saying with this question? Does this upset you? If Bo really does change for the better, is he going to take that axe away from you?

I'm insinuating the obvious, that there is a very obvious PR campaign going on. Whether it be by the athletic dept, Bo's agent, or whomever. I'm curious who started it and who's spearheading it. That's all. Forgive me for not thinking in the span from the day after Thanksgiving to his funny tweet during the BCS title game Bo went through a Kafka-esque Metamorphosis into an Internet funny guy.

• Fire 1

And yes, this was a pretty good read. And I believe the part about Bo not changing. That this is how he's always been. But he probably understands now that that cool side needs to be made public as much as possible. It's a good thing. Only the folks that matter know the behind-the-scenes Bo. Most, if not all, of us dont know jack sh#t about the guy.

I'm insinuating the obvious, that there is a very obvious PR campaign going on. Whether it be by the athletic dept, Bo's agent, or whomever. I'm curious who started it and who's spearheading it. That's all. Forgive me for not thinking in the span from the day after Thanksgiving to his funny tweet during the BCS title game Bo went through a Kafka-esque Metamorphosis into an Internet funny guy.

That's basically what I said. Now, what do you think about it? Is it a good thing? Is there anything wrong with it? Or would you rather see him continue to dig deeper to the point of no return?

That's basically what I said. Now, what do you think about it? Is it a good thing? Is there anything wrong with it? Or would you rather see him continue to dig deeper to the point of no return?

It's a good thing. I think it absolutely could have been done earlier.....but its a positive. Still would like to know who started it though.....