Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

If this debris is the plane, I am going with the theory that there were problems with the plane such as a fire. The pilots tried turning around the plane but were then over taken with smoke and the plane flew the rest of the time on auto pilot till it ran out of fuel and ditched in the ocean. Nothing was communicated back because communications were damaged by the fire.

If this debris is the plane, I am going with the theory that there were problems with the plane such as a fire. The pilots tried turning around the plane but were then over taken with smoke and the plane flew the rest of the time on auto pilot till it ran out of fuel and ditched in the ocean. Nothing was communicated back because communications were damaged by the fire.

That seems plausible. Two questions I'd have about it: First, the fire would have to have started by shorting out the radio which is entirely possible but I'd be curious what type of backup-communications were available. I'm assuming there is at least some sort of backup and it would be kind of odd that all of them went out at the same time. It would also be a pretty crazy coincidence that it happened almost immediately after the last radio communication that said everything is fine. Also, even if the plane's radios were down, you'd think at least one passenger would have called out on their cell phone. The other thing is it would pretty odd for a fire to take out all the communications and render the pilots incapacitated but not damage the plane enough that it could continue to fly for several more hours. Even if it didn't damage the structure of the aircraft to make it un-flyable, you'd think other systems would have been damaged such that even the autopilot wouldn't be able to keep the aircraft flying straight and level.

Search teams shifted to a different part of the Indian Ocean Friday in their hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane after "a new credible lead" :rolleyes:

Goggle satellite is able to get crystal clear images of my car, backyard and patio furniture but government can't even provide a decent satellite image of the wreckage? I've heard military eye-spy satellites can read our license plate numbers years ago.

ScreenHunter_zps27770ca2.jpg

Red circle.....Norman Transcript newspaper I believe

CVR (voice recorder) should last for far longer than two hours. With today's digital technology the recording time should be two days or more instead of two hours.

And what's the delay? Yesterday (April 3) finally launched pingers search gadget. Aircraft pinger was only 30 to 40 days until the battery is dead.

Search teams shifted to a different part of the Indian Ocean Friday in their hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane after "a new credible lead" :rolleyes:

Goggle satellite is able to get crystal clear images of my car, backyard and patio furniture but government can't even provide a decent satellite image of the wreckage? I've heard military eye-spy satellites can read our license plate numbers years ago.

This is because the ocean is kinda big.

Google satellite doesn't have coverage of most of the ocean, either. This shouldn't strike you as unusual.

If they knew where it was, I'm sure they would have an image.

ScreenHunter_zps27770ca2.jpg

Red circle.....Norman Transcript newspaper I believe

Give them the address of where the plane is and I'm sure they could bring it up pretty easily .

• Fire 1

Chinese ship picks up sounds "consistent" with a flight data recorder.

Maybe confused with electronic tagging and tracking marine animals? Probably aircraft pingers & tracking creatures are the same frequency.

Thousands of Aussie sharks equipped with electronic trackers.

Or else whale singing. Or dolphins. Or submarines. Or seals farting.

Chinese ship picks up sounds "consistent" with a flight data recorder.

Maybe confused with electronic tagging and tracking marine animals? Probably aircraft pingers & tracking creatures are the same frequency.

Thousands of Aussie sharks equipped with electronic trackers.

Or else whale singing. Or dolphins. Or submarines. Or seals farting.

Supposedly they picked the frequency of the "pings" - 37.5 kHz - because there is nothing else in the ocean that creates that frequency.

But now they some are questioning the Chinese claim as the equipment they were using is not nearly as sensitive as what the US and others use. Not impossible but would have to be very lucky to get it to work.