Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

Just because a plane has an impeccable safety record doesn't mean it's immune from a chain of events or human error that could critically compromise it. A mechanic or pilot taking small liberties on a check list or repair could have a snowballing effect. A rapid decompression or catastrophic break up would mean the pilots would have no time to send out a distress signal.

Just because a plane has an impeccable safety record doesn't mean it's immune from a chain of events or human error that could critically compromise it. A mechanic or pilot taking small liberties on a check list or repair could have a snowballing effect. A rapid decompression or catastrophic break up would mean the pilots would have no time to send out a distress signal.

Disregard my #6 post. I'm thinking about TWA flight 800 accident story............. you're right. Could be very similar for TWA 800 and Malaysia plane accident.

Pretty rare that problems occur in the middle of the flight, but I guess anything is possible. I'd guess it is probably terrorist-related just because if it was mechanical the pilots would've been had time to report. Planes just don't 'blow up' all the sudden on their own.

Now they've figured out that the plane changed course and their military tracked it for awhile so now they're looking in a totally different area. It never said but I assume that means that tracking device was turned off. They still don't think it's terrorism. Reports of it flying really low after changing course.