Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

zaharie-ahmad-shah-photos-7_zpsc7418dd5.jpg

If they did, they might find a flight simulator there. He apparently posted, Zaharie can be seen sitting in front of one.

And in a online forum for simulator enthusiasts, X-Sim.de there is a post from November 2012 in his name that says he built it himself.

"About a month ago I finish assembly of FSX and FS9 with 6 monitors." The message was signed Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah BOEING 777 MALAYSIA AIRLINES.

FSX and FS9 are over-the-counter flight simulator made by Microsoft.

Me too. FSX and FS9 are equal to multi-million dollars AF/Navy/Boeing/etc. simulator. Much more different than video games. I swear Microsoft was stolen from AF/Navy/Boeing software codes.

Boeing company HQ - Seattle WA

Microsoft company HQ - Seattle WA :ph34r:

You know all 9/11 Muslim pilots used Microsoft Flight Simulator for additional training?

RLOF! Pinpoint data !

Not sure what's that amusing about it. The plane dropped communications and could've headed in any direction. Wasn't it scheduled to go the opposite direction from the Indian Ocean?

Me too. FSX and FS9 are equal to multi-million dollars AF/Navy/Boeing/etc. simulator. Much more different than video games. I swear Microsoft was stolen from AF/Navy/Boeing software codes.

Is the guy not allowed to play video games, or something? This makes about as much sense as ridiculing an NFL player for playing Madden. Are you suggesting that because he set up a sweet gaming rig at home that he never received proper pilot training?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm confused as to what you're getting at.

CNN has learned that a classified analysis of electronic and satellite data suggests the flight likely crashed either in the Bay of Bengal or elsewhere in the Indian Ocean

RLOF! Pinpoint data !

Not sure what's that amusing about it. The plane dropped communications and could've headed in any direction. Wasn't it scheduled to go the opposite direction from the Indian Ocean?

I think he was talking about the "or elsewhere" part as not being very precise.

Seems to me like theories 2 or three is most likely what happened:

2. Pilot Sabotage

With the pilots’ backgrounds already under investigation, officials are also considering pilot sabotage.

Recent developments have led investigators to believe that an experienced pilot deliberately changed the course of the flight. Reuters reported that the plane diverted to a route that is well-known among navigators. From Reuters:

Two sources told Reuters that military radar data showed an unidentified aircraft that investigators suspect was Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 following a commonly used navigational route toward the Middle East and Europe when it was last spotted early on March 8, northwest of Malaysia.

That course - headed into the Andaman Sea and towards the Bay of Bengal in the Indian Ocean - could only have been set deliberately, either by flying the Boeing 777-200ER jet manually or by programming the auto-pilot.

According to the Daily Mail, there were also deliberate efforts made to shut off the plane’s data system and transponder. The two were reportedly shut off at different times, seemingly ruling out the possibility of a crash. From the Daily Mail:

US officials believe that two communications systems aboard Malaysian Airlines flight 370 were shut down separately, 14 minutes apart - which indicates the plane did not come down because of a sudden catastrophic failure.

That has led the US investigating team to become ?convinced there was manual intervention? which in turn means it was not an accident or massive malfunction that caused the plane to cease to be airborne.

Some officials have said that making those changes proves an experienced pilot was at the helm. As a result, they’re taking this theory very seriously.

3. Hijacking by Pirates or Terrorists

There is also the possibility that the pilots were not the only ones on the plane with flight experience.

The New York Times reported that the plane flew erratically and that its altitude drastically fluctuated. Officials said those details could mean any number of things, including that the person at the controls had some flight experience. Unfortunately, that means investigators cannot rule out trained pirates or terrorists.

ABC News reported that CIA Director John Brennan said the agency is still considering terrorism a possibility. He even went so far as to say that there are already unconfirmed claims of responsibility for the plane’s disappearance. From ABC News:

?I think there?s a lot of speculation right now,? Dir. John Brennan told the Council on Foreign Relations. ?[There have been] some claims of responsibility that have not been confirmed or corroborated at all. We are looking at it very carefully. We, the CIA, are working with FBI and TSA and others. Our Malaysian counterparts are doing everything they can to try to put together the pieces here. But clearly this is still a mystery, which is very disturbing.?

When asked whether he had ruled out terrorism as a factor, Brennan responded, ?No, I wouldn?t rule it out. Not at all.?

While different groups are being investigated, officials have not said that there is evidence tying the incident to any pirates or terrorist organizations in particular.

Because evidence suggests a knowledgeable pilot was controlling the plane, the above three theories are considered to be the strongest. However, officials have not ruled out any of the following possibilities.

Missing plane may have flown on for an additional 7 hours. http://www.washingto...c4bf_print.html

U.S. officials previously said they believed the plane could have remained in the air for several extra hours, and Najib said Saturday that the flight was still communicating with satellites until 8:11 a.m. — 7 ½ hours after takeoff, and more than 90 minutes after it was due in Beijing. There was no further communication with the plane after that time, Najib said. If the plane was still in the air, it would have been nearing its fuel limit.

“Due to the type of satellite data,” Najib said, “we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite.”

Someone decided to go somewhere other than China.

Boston Herald Theories

1. Pilot Suicide

2. Pilot Sabotage

3. Hijacking by Pirates or Terrorists

4. Pilot Error

5. Meteor

6. Weather

7. Mechanical Failure

8. Catastrophic Failure

9. Decompression

5 would be the unluckiest thing in the history of the human species. Think about the odds of two objects that small moving at high velocity and meeting at that exact time and place in the solar system.

Is the guy not allowed to play video games, or something? This makes about as much sense as ridiculing an NFL player for playing Madden. Are you suggesting that because he set up a sweet gaming rig at home that he never received proper pilot training?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm confused as to what you're getting at.

I am a simulator enthusiasts.

sweet gaming rig? ...........you use MS Flight Sim? NOT a game at all. Again, much different.

787-full-flight-simulator_i.jpg= MS Flight Simulator

cockpit-flight-simulator.jpgreal MS FlightSim

If I had to guess, and it is just an uneducated guess, I think the plane decompressed and everyone died almost instantly. I basis this off the possibility that it may have flown 7 plus hours and that the plane had about 8 hours worth of fuel on departure. This does not account for the varying altitudes that may have occurred(maybe autopilot?), transponders being turn off (no clue, maybe faulty wiring?), or the plane's change in flight plan(no clue). Don't air traffic controllers continuously monitor planes? Aren't all aircraft a blimp on someone's radar screen? It's a little alarming that this plane could get off its recorded flight plan and no one would know.

In my mind, terrorism is not the first probability because no radical group has stepped forward to take responsibility. It's a little like the old adage of "if a tree falls in a forest and no one hears It, did it make a sound?" What good would hijacking a plane do if the rest of the world doesn't know who did it?