Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

This story becomes more and more strange the longer it goes on. Many conflicting explanations out there, including a report from Rolls Royce that they did not receive engine data after the plane was lost to ground radar.

But Malaysia Airlines Chief Executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said Thursday that Rolls-Royce and Boeing have reported that they didn't receive transmissions of any kind after 1:07 a.m. Saturday. Air traffic controllers lost contact with the plane shortly afterward, around 1:30 a.m.

But one aviation industry observer expressed skepticism about the report even before the denials by officials.

"I find this very, very difficult to believe," Tom Ballantyne, chief correspondent for the magazine Orient Aviation, told CNN. "That this aircraft could have flown on for four hours after it disappeared and not have been picked up by someone's radar and not have been seen by anyone, it's almost unbelievable."

What concerns me most is, if this was terrorism and the whole thing was a trial run for the actual event.

I don't think they'd tip their hand though, that wouldn't be smart on their part. Because now anything that was wrong with security will be addressed making it that much harder for them to get through. Of course security isn't as good as they think it is..............

If this plane ditched into the water, the only way there wouldn't be debris is if it made a safe water landing then slowly sunk into the water. I have no idea what the terrain is in that part of the world but I'm guessing lots of wooded jungle area. If it came down on land there should have been wreakage and smoke from fires. I've read it only had enough fuel to fly 2 hrs past it's destination. I'm guessing it is either sitting on a makeshift runway and is now camouflaged or it flew into a wormhole and will return in 20 or 30 years. Sorry....thats all I have.

If this plane ditched into the water, the only way there wouldn't be debris is if it made a safe water landing then slowly sunk into the water.............

Exactly my thoughts. However the only thing, where's the emergency transponder beacon? Supposed to be automatic trigger. And assuming Thailand Sea or Malacca Strait , very shallow waters, average of 100 feet deep thus fairly easy to spot.

If this plane ditched into the water, the only way there wouldn't be debris is if it made a safe water landing then slowly sunk into the water. I have no idea what the terrain is in that part of the world but I'm guessing lots of wooded jungle area. If it came down on land there should have been wreakage and smoke from fires. I've read it only had enough fuel to fly 2 hrs past it's destination. I'm guessing it is either sitting on a makeshift runway and is now camouflaged or it flew into a wormhole and will return in 20 or 30 years. Sorry....thats all I have.

And if they ditched in the water, then the only way they would have lost communications ahead of it would be a complete and basically instantaneous electrical failure. Not impossible but I'm guess very unlikely.

Malaysia Airliner Communications Shut Down Separately: US Officials Say

Two U.S. officials tell ABC News the U.S. believes that the shutdown of two communication systems happened separately on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. One source said this indicates the plane did not come out of the sky because of a catastrophic failure.

The data reporting system, they believe, was shut down at 1:07 a.m. The transponder -- which transmits location and altitude -- shut down at 1:21 a.m.

This indicates it may well have been a deliberate act, ABC News aviation consultant John Nance said.

U.S. investigators told ABC News that the two modes of communication were "systematically shut down."

That means the U.S. team "is convinced that there was manual intervention," a source said, which means it was likely not an accident or catastrophic malfunction that took the plane out of the sky.