Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane

This is absolutely crazy that they can't find this plane. Actually, the longer this goes, the more I am willing to believe it landed somewhere else and everyone is being held for some reason with no contact.

It's actually not that crazy though. The French flight that went down in 09? took them 2 years to find it. Granted that was in much deeper water. But if there was no last contact and the transponder was turned off they have no real way of knowing where it is when it's out of radar contact. But I wonder if they couldn't do some kind of triangulation with satellites since the plane sends data about it's systems back to the airlines and Boeing.

My clues:

- A group of onboard terrorists. Tried to take control in unknown target but failed. See United Airlines Flight 93 (9/11)

- Pilot error. See AirFrance Flight 447

- Sicko pilot. Deliberate crash. See EgyptAir Flight 990. Need to check pilot's background. Probably Muslim beliefs

- Plane massive failures .......rapid decompression, wing separate, power, pitot tube, solar flare, etc

- Passenger bomb. Not terrorists but collect life insurance policy. See United Airlines Flight 629

- Unintentional shootdown in SAM military forces except N.Korea....on purpose. Initially theory, see TWA Flight 800. Also, see Korean Air Lines Flight 007. Darn comrades!

- Collision:

** space junk reentered atmosphere

** asteroid

** high altitude weather balloon

** another aircraft i.e. Learjet. See Gol Transportes Aéreos Flight 1907

- Pilot's fallen asleep. Way off course and eventually ran out of fuel. Or else drunk as a skunk.

- Wrong airport . Plane safely landing in remote airfield like abandon Vietnam airfields, Nepal, N.Korea or beach airstrip located at Amelia Earhart island. Remember Branson MO and Wichita KS?

- Pilot's distraction courtesy of Smartphone/Twitter yik-yak users. See Northwest Flight 188. Or else Twitter was temporarily down thus massive suicide including the pilots.

- Crews orgy in the cockpit. Autopilot accidentally turned off and yoke pushed forward. Yoke was a perfect seat in stewardess position.

- Aliens was the culprit

NW Flight 188

UA Flight 629

TWA Flight 800

Flight 007

Egypt Flight 990

Gol Transportes Flight 1907

My clues:

- A group of onboard terrorists. Tried to take control in unknown target but failed. See United Airlines Flight 93 (9/11)

- Pilot error. See AirFrance Flight 447

- Sicko pilot. Deliberate crash. See EgyptAir Flight 990. Need to check pilot's background. Probably Muslim beliefs

- Plane massive failures .......rapid decompression, wing separate, power, pitot tube, solar flare, etc

- Passenger bomb. Not terrorists but collect life insurance policy. See United Airlines Flight 629

- Unintentional shootdown in SAM military forces except N.Korea....on purpose. Initially theory, see TWA Flight 800. Also, see Korean Air Lines Flight 007. Darn comrades!

- Collision:

** space junk reentered atmosphere

** asteroid

** high altitude weather balloon

** another aircraft i.e. Learjet

- Pilot's fallen asleep. Way off course and eventually ran out of fuel. Or else drunk as a skunk.

- Wrong airport . Plane safely landing in remote airfield like abandon Vietnam airfields, Nepal, N.Korea or beach airstrip located at Amelia Earhart island. Remember Branson MO and Wichita KS?

- Pilot's distraction courtesy of Smartphone/Twitter yik-yak users. See Northwest Flight 188. Or else Twitter was temporarily down thus massive suicide including the pilots.

- Crews orgy in the cockpit. Autopilot accidentally turned off and yoke pushed forward. Yoke was a perfect seat in stewardess position.

- Aliens was the culprit

NW Flight 188

UA Flight 629

TWA Flight 800

Flight 007

- Captured by a rogue island that can move but can't be explained

Oceanic Airlines Flight 815

This is absolutely crazy that they can't find this plane. Actually, the longer this goes, the more I am willing to believe it landed somewhere else and everyone is being held for some reason with no contact.

It's actually not that crazy though. The French flight that went down in 09? took them 2 years to find it. Granted that was in much deeper water. But if there was no last contact and the transponder was turned off they have no real way of knowing where it is when it's out of radar contact. But I wonder if they couldn't do some kind of triangulation with satellites since the plane sends data about it's systems back to the airlines and Boeing.

It"only" took a few days to start finding wreckage floating on the French flight. It took two years to find the black box on the ocean floor.

A New Zealand man working on an oil rig in the South China Sea claims he witnessed missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 burst into flames before disappearing.

http://gawker.com/oi...ames-1542226293

I thought Gulf of Thailand or Strait of Malacca (part of Andaman sea) location?? South China Sea was kinda far.

Next theory, Gulf of Mexico !! :snacks:

u04geruxqeiwnr6bcy2c.jpg

Plane is well off-course. I noticed a lots of uninhabited islands. Gilligan's Island returns.

A New Zealand man working on an oil rig in the South China Sea claims he witnessed missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 burst into flames before disappearing.

OK....the guy sees a plane burst into flames and fall out of the sky Saturday morning and he waits till Wednesday to say anything?

I call BS or the guy is an idiot.

In the email it says he tried to contact Vietnamese and Malaysian officials several days before but he didn't know if they got his message. It's a pretty detailed email with the direction of his observation the currents and wind speeds at his location, and compass bearing to where he saw it.

It's also interesting that he says the plane was still in one piece at high altitude when it was burning. I remember the night of a CNN analyst (who I believe was a former pilot) said he was using a flight tracking system and it's last data for the plane was it leveling off around a cruising altitude.

OK....the guy sees a plane burst into flames and fall out of the sky Saturday morning and he waits till Wednesday to say anything?

I call BS or the guy is an idiot.

"I tried to contact the Malaysian and Vietnam officials several days ago. But I do not know if the message has been received."

From the Federal Register:

"Special Conditions: Boeing Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER Series Airplanes; Aircraft Electronic System Security Protection From Unauthorized Internal Access

The integrated network configurations in the Boeing Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER series airplanes may enable increased connectivity with external network sources and will have more interconnected networks and systems, such as passenger entertainment and information services than previous airplane models. This may enable the exploitation of network security vulnerabilities and increased risks potentially resulting in unsafe conditions for the airplanes and occupants. This potential exploitation of security vulnerabilities may result in intentional or unintentional destruction, disruption, degradation, or exploitation of data and systems critical to the safety and maintenance of the airplane."

Kind of doubt it but it's a possibility.

I wouldn't rule out terrorism but it would surprise me. It certainly isn't the type of people we've been heavily dealing with in the past 10+ years. The whole Salafi (fundamentalist), Takfiri (anti-Shiite), jihadi mindset isn't nearly as popular in Malaysia and Indonesia as it is in say, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq or Syria. It is present but not like in the places where we've been really active in GWOT. It would just surprise me to find out that those type of guys hijacked and/or destroyed this plane.

If it is an act of terror it's not aimed at us, the ties to the US just aren't there. I'm not speculating on what might have happened but there are a few past events worth noting if only for context:

- Malaysian Airlines Flight 653: In 1977 unidentified hijackers took control of the 737, the plane crashed killing 100.

- Jemaah Islamiyah: Islamic terror isn't terribly common in South East Asia but these guys are responsible for much of it, especially the bigger, more spectacular events like the Bali bombing.

- Abu Sayyaf: Another Islamic terror group in the area, more of a regional focus, they're more like insurgents than worldwide super terrorists. More active in the Philippines, haven't done much in Malaysia since 2005.

- The Chinese Connection: There is a sizable population of ethnic Han Chinese in Malaysia (~25%) and Chinese citizens made up more than two-thirds of the passengers. There have been a few terror attacks in China in the last six months: the Kunming Metro Station Massacre, Communist Party HQ Car Bombing, and the Tienanmen Square Suicide Bombing. All of those attacks have been linked to the East Turkestan Islamic Movement a group seeking to create an independent Islamic State in the Chinese province of Xinjiang. Those guys are Uyghur, not Han like the Chinese population in Malaysia so not only would an Airline hijacking be out of their typical pattern they'd also stick out in Malaysia or on this kind of flight.

I think it was either a catastrophic failure or a deranged crew member. Terror just doesn't make sense, if it was terror it's some kind of lone wolf or a new obscure brand with which we're unfamiliar. North Korea? That'd be a pretty huge stretch, they seem like they were probably far removed from the reach of North Korean air defenses. Vietnam maybe but not the DPRK and I doubt the Vietnamese would shoot down a civilian plane.

kuala-lumpur-plane-map-revised.jpg