Johnny Football vs Tommy Armstong

I sure as hell hope Fyfe doesn't take that attitude. He is only one or two injuries away from being THE man.

And....for the record.....I was reading the same statements about Ganz until he finally took the field.

No, I hope he doesn't take that attitude either. That's why I said 'probably.' The chances are Fyfe will never see significant playing time save injury and I think that's being realistic.

• 2 weeks later...
Quarterbacks Ryker Fyfe and Johnny Stanton: Both have experienced ups and downs in camp, so their strong performances Saturday serve as a boost heading into summer. Stanton made the better, harder throws; corner routes across the field are tough regardless of how open the guy is. Fyfe ran a cleaner zone read and showed pace and confidence throwing shorter routes. Based on camp observations, I'd put Fyfe a hair ahead. But Stanton made significant enough strides that one more fall camp might be revelatory. When Stanton knows where he's going with the ball, there's real authority in his play. Offensive coordinator Tim Beck surely wants to keep both players in the system one more year.

OWH