2014 MLB Discussion Thread

Didn't realize until looking through box scores from the games how many former Cardinals the Angels have. Is there some sort of connection there or not?

Not really, just trying to find a winning formula I think. I know one of their minor league coaches has tried to replicate the cardinals way of teaching young players. The reds have a ton of former cards as well. Of course I'm sure that jocketty has something to do with that on.

Yea I knew about Jocketty in Cincy just wasn't sure if there was a connection in Anaheim as well. I can't blame them for trying to replicate the "Cardinal Way". It has been pretty successful here recently. Which I'm not one bit opposed to.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else catch Carlos Gomez antics yesterday? Never been a fan of that guy and yesterday didn't help that any.

I like it. He has passion for the game and benefiting the team. Tossing the bat on a sac fly is just awesome.

It is also a good way to get the next man in the order drilled by a 95+ mph fastball. Passion for the game is one thing but I wouldn't call the way he plays the game passionate.

Anyone else catch Carlos Gomez antics yesterday? Never been a fan of that guy and yesterday didn't help that any.

I like it. He has passion for the game and benefiting the team. Tossing the bat on a sac fly is just awesome.

It is also a good way to get the next man in the order drilled by a 95+ mph fastball. Passion for the game is one thing but I wouldn't call the way he plays the game passionate.

As a general observer fan, he is awesome. All the umwritten rule stuff is just dumb. Why put someone on base and help the other team just because a guy gets under your skin. Seems to me, you are making him a double winner.

• Fire 1

As a general observer fan, he is awesome. All the umwritten rule stuff is just dumb. Why put someone on base and help the other team just because a guy gets under your skin. Seems to me, you are making him a double winner.

I wouldn't say the unwritten rule stuff is dumb. Each sport has a way of policing itself and that is one of the ways baseball does. Gomez is just too cocky for me. I just spend the weekend watching him play my Cardinals and the guy would "pimp" catching a damn fly ball to center. I just don't get it.

• 3 weeks later...