A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

I sincerely believed we would lose no more than 3 last year WITH an injury bug. We only had one game I would consider a blowoutloss but still all 4 were headscratchers.

This year I see no reason we cant smoke Miamin Lincoln and travel up to Madison and pay the Badgers back for that title game debacle. A win in Camp Randall would heal alot of wounds. MSU finally got a win in the series but I have a feeling we regain control. And Iowa is Iowa, we let them get a W as well in the series. Cant wait to watch us storm their field and take back our trophy. 11-1 IF we drop a close game.

The UCLA game and Iowa game were blowouts. We lost to Iowa in the double digits, while having a pathetic showing from our offense, and offensive coordinator. SDSU was a completely embarrassing game to watch as a fan. We won, but that game, defensively, was horrid. Minnesota, again a poorly called offensive game, while defense was sub par at best. Now the Wyoming game, what was good about that game, besides getting the W?

The reason I see a possibility of this not happening, is because we have yet to show a good offense. Georgia was good, but one game isn't going to make me sold on Beck and his play calling ability.

We can beat the crap out of them for the next three seasons and I don't believe any wounds will be healed. They beat us when we were the "clear" winners. Wait, sorry, they didn't just beat us, they SLAUGHTERED us.

If we based it all off of feelings, shouldn't we have been undefeated last year? Dan Antonio has made every game competitive for us, and we have barely escaped with wins since joining the Big 10, while handing them the ball 5 times last year, GIVING them the win at OUR home.

Your right, Iowa is Iowa, but they beat us at our house last year. We can lose to them next year, just like we did this year. What if Armstrong goes down? Inexperienced QB once again, who may not know the offensive scheme? As far as its being reported, Fyfe is ahead of Stanton... really FYFE?!

I can't wait either, and to go 11-1... actions speak louder than words. We have not seen enough actions to actually think we will pull off a record like that. Not saying we can't expect it, or hope for it, but to me, its not reality to think its GOING to happen.

Iowa wasnt a blowout until very late in the 4th when the team realised there wasnt enough time to win. MSU wasnt a blowout either, we hung with the eventual #4 team in the country til the end. And the 2011 game against MSU was nowhere close to being an escape win, we SLAUGHTERED them.

Fyfe will not be ahead of Stanton. End of story.

If Armstrong goes down I believe Stanton will step in and leatn on the spot much like Armstrong did. Quite frankly he would likely end up with better stats too seeing as Tommys werent incredible.

We wont take Iowa lightly this year. If we can keep the mindframe on the goal we have the talent to win them all.

Anyone who percieves that the Iowa and Michigan St games were blowouts simply looked at the score and did not watch or listen to the actual game. UCLA was a blowout. Nebraska blew them out in the first 25 minutes, and it was all UCLA from there. The 2012 Big 10 CCG was a blowout. And even as ugly as the scores looked in the end-noting that each game had a garbage time TD late-the Mich St and Iowa games were quite competitive and were one possession ball games into the fourth quarter, and can be legitimately argued that they were swung on fewer than a handful of plays.

• Fire 1

Exactly. If Nebraska commits one less turnover against Sparty, its anybodies ball game. Kudos to them though for playing great offense that game though. Their D was a little lackluster compared to the rest of their season which leads me to think our offense, while not pretty, was still capable of winning handily.

i was simply responding to this.

I dunno, Iowa and NW have never been gimmies,,especially on the road. Road games at Fresno, Wisc, and MSU aren't gonna be easy, either.

I have a feeling that people think that we should win these games based on what our program was 15 to 20 years ago. Sadly, things have changed.

i think we should expect to win these games because of where the program is at right now. we should lose no more than 2 of those games. if we do, something needs to change.

No offense, but I've paid attention to football and this program the past 30years, and your expectations are not reality. Call it lowering expectations or whatever, but at some point just because you or I or anyone else simply wants something to be, it doesn't make it real.

• Fire 1

I dunno, Iowa and NW have never been gimmies,,especially on the road. Road games at Fresno, Wisc, and MSU aren't gonna be easy, either.

I have a feeling that people think that we should win these games based on what our program was 15 to 20 years ago. Sadly, things have changed.

i think we should expect to win these games because of where the program is at right now. we should lose no more than 2 of those games. if we do, something needs to change.

No offense, but I've paid attention to football and this program the past 30years, and your expectations are not reality. Call it lowering expectations or whatever, but at some point just because you or I or anyone else simply wants something to be, it doesn't make it real.

Its not the mid 90's...

this schedule sucks this year and I could still see them losing 3-4 games.

First: This schedule is horribly boring

Second: I see as many as 8 games that could be at 11am

Third: They should start the season 5-0 and ranked top 15 or better

Fourth: MSU does very little to "scare" me as a fan

Fifth: The Big Ten...uggggg

1- Schedule isnt jaw dropping but games against Miami, NW, @Wiscy, @Sparty are enticing. Plus regenge against Minnysoda & Iowa State Lite will be fun

2- No doubt unless we impress early we will get buried in the 11am purgatory

3- 5-0 should be mandatory

4- Sparty got some respect last year but we know we can beat them, even in East Lansing

5- Baylor is winning the Big 12....Im happy were here

whose expectations are reality? what does that mean?

anyway, pretty depressing that you look at next years schedule and expect to lose 3 or more games. and it is really tiring to keep hearing "it's not the 90's". we do not need the gd '95 huskers to beat minny on the road. sheesh.

Iowa wasnt a blowout until very late in the 4th when the team realised there wasnt enough time to win. MSU wasnt a blowout either, we hung with the eventual #4 team in the country til the end.

Iowa ... when did the team realize there wasn't enough time to win? At 9:17 when Iowa scored and made it a two-score game? At 3:33 when Iowa scored and made it a three-score game? This is a super confusing argument.

Michigan State ... was a 2-score game, yes, until MSU put it away with 1:58 left to play by extending the lead to 20, 41-21. We tacked on a score with 10 seconds to go in the game.

We wont take Iowa lightly this year. If we can keep the mindframe on the goal we have the talent to win them all.

We didn't last year, right? They just straight up beat us.

whose expectations are reality? what does that mean?

anyway, pretty depressing that you look at next years schedule and expect to lose 3 or more games. and it is really tiring to keep hearing "it's not the 90's". we do not need the gd '95 huskers to beat minny on the road. sheesh.

I don't expect us to lose 3 or more, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Whose expectations are more realistic, well taking the past few years and the inexperience on this team into consideration, I'd say mine. Feel free to disagree.

I don't expect us to lose 3 or more, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Whose expectations are more realistic, well taking the past few years and the inexperience on this team into consideration, I'd say mine. Feel free to disagree.

Is that the front running excuse for 2014?

• Fire 3

Look, I was at both games. That doesnt make me an expert or anything but the MSU game was alot closer than the score indicated. The turnovers killed us, but we were in it.

Iowa was a different breed. We were never really out of it but it very much felt the closer the game got to the end, the more we kind of accepted defeat, team and coaches alike. I dojt realy feel our mindset was right going into the Iowa game. We were down to RK3 at the helm making his first start ever, banged up in every area. We just didnt play inspired.

I think you're right that we showed we could've hung with MSU to the end, Redux. We could've beaten them with cleaner play. It's just that we didn't -- like so many games before that where we showed we could match up or get the better of a good team on a big stage, we ended up losing handily. But yeah, the positives we showed are a reason why I think we have a pretty legitimate shot at MSU this year.

That characterization of the Iowa game still makes it a blowout still, no? ... but all that aside, I think if this team is taking the next step, then losses like MSU or Iowa won't happen to us in any game in 2014. Close, hard-fought losses to good teams would still be nice improvement, as long as there aren't too many of them.

• Fire 1

This is where my interpretation of a blowout is different from most. Some look a a 21 point game and say "blowout". Whereas myself, I look at the game and ignore the score. A blowout is where one team just pretty much doesnt belong on the field with the other on that day. And those games were one possession games into the fourth quarter. Competitive and still in question. Not even close to being in the same relm as a blowout in my opinion.