A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

Completely agree, Redux :thumbs

I think you've missed my opinion of Pelini. I've never said that he is great, and yes this all falls at his feet, no doubt about it.

But let's not act as if his tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. I think he can do things to get better results, but only time will tell. In the mean time, another 9/10 win season this year won't send me jumping off of a bridge.

I don't think he's been an unmitigated disaster. His record is pretty good. Lack of a B1G trophy leaves some opening, but that can be closed.

I do think there's something about how he's wired the program that results in the poor handling of the big stage. And I don't like the way he creates an atmosphere of being at odds with the fanbase. I'd gladly trade another 5-10% winning percentage for a coach that represents NU with more positivity; someone who doesn't take pot shots at his critics when he's on top, or flip ish when he's knocked down.

I can agree with both of those posts.

Completely agree, Redux :thumbs

I think you've missed my opinion of Pelini. I've never said that he is great, and yes this all falls at his feet, no doubt about it.

But let's not act as if his tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. I think he can do things to get better results, but only time will tell. In the mean time, another 9/10 win season this year won't send me jumping off of a bridge.

I don't think he's been an unmitigated disaster. His record is pretty good. Lack of a B1G trophy leaves some opening, but that can be closed.

I do think there's something about how he's wired the program that results in the poor handling of the big stage. And I don't like the way he creates an atmosphere of being at odds with the fanbase. I'd gladly trade another 5-10% winning percentage for a coach that represents NU with more positivity; someone who doesn't take pot shots at his critics when he's on top, or flip ish when he's knocked down.

I can't disagree with anything you've said. Personally, i don't care if he is short and snippy with the press or with refs, but it may behoove him to be less animated than in the past.

did S&B help you conclude that Pelini had anything to do with what I said?

Personally, i like when they talk schematics, such as the difference between under and over fronts, the 3 or the 5's responsibilities with different fronts and looks, what the 1 high vs. the 2 high safety looks do and how to combat that, etc. When a guy who has won MNCs and has coached and other guys who have played in the league explain things, it really helps what is going on while you're watching games. I guess I could just go in message boards and display ignorance, but I'll leave that up to others.

It's easy to mock that which you don't understand.

It's actually a form of entertainment. I honestly would not walk away from what you hear from sports talk radio calling it fact.

Well, I can use info from former members of the program, many who still have access to it, or random anonymous beer drinking, pizza eating dudes that have never worn a jock.

chicken-beauty-pageants-ayam-seramas-by-ernest-goh-2.jpg

Personally, i like when they talk schematics, such as the difference between under and over fronts, the 3 or the 5's responsibilities with different fronts and looks, what the 1 high vs. the 2 high safety looks do and how to combat that, etc.

If you are learning about these things from sports radio then I don't think that you have much business saying the following:

or:

. . . or random anonymous beer drinking, pizza eating dudes that have never worn a jock.

Because a beer drinking, pizza eating dude who has never worn a jock would probably be learning about schemes from Sharp and Benning.

• Fire 1

Personally, i like when they talk schematics, such as the difference between under and over fronts, the 3 or the 5's responsibilities with different fronts and looks, what the 1 high vs. the 2 high safety looks do and how to combat that, etc.

If you are learning about these things from sports radio then I don't think that you have much business saying the following:

or:

. . . or random anonymous beer drinking, pizza eating dudes that have never worn a jock.

Because a beer drinking, pizza eating dude who has never worn a jock would probably be learning about schemes from Sharp and Benning.

Que?

I don't eat pizza, and I have wore a jock, but I don't know everything about football. But I am learning more by listening to Damon and guys like Foreman or PJ Smith talk schematics.

Its painfully obvious that there are people on this (and all) message boards that could benefit, too.