A look ahead at Nebraska's 2014 schedule

I don't expect us to lose 3 or more, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Whose expectations are more realistic, well taking the past few years and the inexperience on this team into consideration, I'd say mine. Feel free to disagree.

Is that the front running excuse for 2014?

So, are you saying that we don't have a bunch of inexperienced guys expected to play big roles, or that inexperienced guys should just be better than the guys before them? Kinda like sprinkle some fairy dust on them and "Boom!" they're magically great.

Our coaches do seem to say "boom" a lot. Maybe you've uncovered their method of player development.

Yeah, cuz no players ever get better under them. Since you have all the answers, I'd love to hear your solutions about how this staff can coach better. Thanks in advance!

I don't expect us to lose 3 or more, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Whose expectations are more realistic, well taking the past few years and the inexperience on this team into consideration, I'd say mine. Feel free to disagree.

Is that the front running excuse for 2014?

So, are you saying that we don't have a bunch of inexperienced guys expected to play big roles, or that inexperienced guys should just be better than the guys before them? Kinda like sprinkle some fairy dust on them and "Boom!" they're magically great.

Our coaches do seem to say "boom" a lot. Maybe you've uncovered their method of player development.

Yeah, cuz no players ever get better under them. Since you have all the answers, I'd love to hear your solutions about how this staff can coach better. Thanks in advance!

Actually, I would say a great many players do not improve, or even regress in the program. It's a pretty big problem in my opinion.

Hunter 74's reponses to every thread: I listen to S&B, and I've been a fan of this program for 30 years.

I prefer to make informed decisions, not base my opinions based on my own dillusions or non-truths on a message board.

Shoot me,

Then Bo next.

Basing your conclusions on a sports team by relying on information on the local talk radio show is akin to forming your political opinion by listening to Rush Limbaugh or Keith Olbermann.

it's just one form of information, not the only source, but I wouldn't expect that you would take that into consideration.
Hunter 74's reponses to every thread: I listen to S&B, and I've been a fan of this program for 30 years.

I prefer to make informed decisions, not base my opinions based on my own dillusions or non-truths on a message board.

Shoot me,

Then Bo next.

Basing your conclusions on a sports team by relying on information on the local talk radio show is akin to forming your political opinion by listening to Rush Limbaugh or Keith Olbermann.

it's just one form of information, not the only source, but I wouldn't expect that you would take that into consideration.

It's actually a form of entertainment. I honestly would not walk away from what you hear from sports talk radio calling it fact.

• Fire 2

Actually, I would say a great many players do not improve, or even regress in the program. It's a pretty big problem in my opinion.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of those who regressed vs. those who have iimproved, and your solutions to this staff coaching better, coach.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of those who regressed vs. those who have iimproved, and your solutions to this staff coaching better, coach.

Are you asking me to list who I think have regressed?

And why exactly do I have provide the solutions for improving? Isn't there roughly 5 million dollars in salaries being allocated to people doing that?

It's actually a form of entertainment. I honestly would not walk away from what you hear from sports talk radio calling it fact.

Well, I can use info from former members of the program, many who still have access to it, or random anonymous beer drinking, pizza eating dudes that have never worn a jock.

Well, I can use info from former members of the program, many who still have access to it, or random anonymous beer drinking, pizza eating dudes that have never worn a jock.

Is that supposed to be me?

Are you asking me to list who I think have regressed?

And why exactly do I have provide the solutions for improving? Isn't there roughly 5 million dollars in salaries being allocated to people doing that?

Yeah who got better vs. who got worse. Then I'd like to see your analysis as to the reasons behind each said regression. To compete the list, I'd like to see a comparison of this staff against other FBS choosing staff.

I figured to ask for your solutions bbecause i figured if you can criticize this staff so feely, you must have the solutions to cure their ills. Id love to see your expertise on display.

Is that supposed to be me?

I don't know if you eat pizza or wore a jock. Nor do I care.

I think it just strikes me a little odd that you're as high on Bo Pelini as you are, but also as insistent that we're that young/not ready/tough SOS for year 7 as you are.

So it comes off a little less 'being realistic' and more 'justifying a disappointing 2014 for Bo's sake.'

I agree that the depth at quarterback is quite scary. That has serious derailment potential. The defense?...is kinda young, a lot of sophomore linebackers, but it's not that young. This is the time for them to make some noise. Yes, in 2015 the LBs should be even better. But we'll also be younger elsewhere. This year, 2014, is a very good, very promising mix on defense.

OL -- you could have a point there, I don't know much about them. But if it really is one that's still not up to snuff, or too young, or too thin on depth, at this point, that's alllllllllll on the coaches IMO. It shouldn't be. The OL issues have persisted for so long, there have been so many recruiting classes, so many staff adjustments or opportunities for that, if it's really an issue this year, it'll never change under Bo.

• Fire 1

I think it just strikes me a little odd that you're as high on Bo Pelini as you are, but also as insistent that we're that young/not ready/tough SOS for year 7 as you are.

So it comes off a little less 'being realistic' and more 'justifying a disappointing 2014 for Bo's sake.'

I agree that the depth at quarterback is quite scary. That has serious derailment potential. The defense?...is kinda young, a lot of sophomore linebackers, but it's not that young. This is the time for them to make some noise. Yes, in 2015 the LBs should be even better. But we'll also be younger elsewhere. This year, 2014, is a very good, very promising mix on defense.

OL -- you could have a point there, I don't know much about them. But if it really is one that's still not up to snuff, or too young, or too thin on depth, at this point, that's alllllllllll on the coaches IMO. It shouldn't be. The OL issues have persisted for so long, there have been so many recruiting classes, so many staff adjustments or opportunities for that, if it's really an issue this year, it'll never change.

I think you've missed my opinion of Pelini. I've never said that he is great, and yes this all falls at his feet, no doubt about it.

But let's not act as if his tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. I think he can do things to get better results, but only time will tell. In the mean time, another 9/10 win season this year won't send me jumping off of a bridge.

Young or not we are talented enough to be in every game this year, no reason we should get embarassed. A loss is a loss but we shouldnt lose by more than a handful of points in any game we happen to drop.

The schedule itself sets up nicely. Couple of breaks before games and no terribly hard stretch. Plus I really like a couole of our road games. The sos may not be overly impressive on a national scale but it is certainly respectable enough that we should be in a playoff discussion should we earn an undefeated season.

• Fire 1

Completely agree, Redux :thumbs

I think you've missed my opinion of Pelini. I've never said that he is great, and yes this all falls at his feet, no doubt about it.

But let's not act as if his tenure has been an unmitigated disaster. I think he can do things to get better results, but only time will tell. In the mean time, another 9/10 win season this year won't send me jumping off of a bridge.

I don't think he's been an unmitigated disaster. His record is pretty good. Lack of a B1G trophy leaves some opening, but that can be closed.

I do think there's something about how he's wired the program that results in the poor handling of the big stage. And I don't like the way he creates an atmosphere of being at odds with the fanbase. I'd gladly trade another 5-10% winning percentage for a coach that represents NU with more positivity; someone who doesn't take pot shots at his critics when he's on top, or flip ish when he's knocked down.