The image of Nebraska athletics

Well you're currently crushing one who played QB on this board.....

I'm pointing to his one major flaw, accuracy, while saying I hope he improves. But I love that my comments on one player somehow reflect on the team as a whole. Of course you ignore where I say he is a good QB, and that he doesn't need to be great to do his job because of the talent we have on the defense.

But you always cherry pick to help make your argument. I can't blame you though, you can't be expected to admit you were wrong.

I just find it odd Tommy Armstrong gets half of a year for you to look to Stanton yet here's Bo in year 7......

I find it odd that you compare a kid with 50% passing to a coach that wins 70% of his games. I find it odd you want to get rid of a successful coach with no real replacement, but can't understand that we have a real replacement for Armstrong if he is needed. That's right, if he is needed as I've clearly stated Armstrong is a perfectly fine QB and will do well at Nebraska. I think Stanton has more potential but I don't want him to start if he isn't ready.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again Armstrong has not proven himself yet. He has a huge accuracy problem (and I'm not the only one saying it). Bo's problem is that he gets angry sometimes? That he has never won fewer than 9 games?

I don't want Armstrong gone the way you want Pelini gone. I see Armstrong's positives and negatives, whereas you only see Pelini's negatives.

Do I criticize Armstrong? Sure but it is constructive. You aren't constructive in your criticism. You want him gone, so much so you want us to have a losing season. But sure, try to make me look like a hypocrite because I can support a team and hope for the best while admitting some faults. I'd rather be that than whatever you are.

Probably shouldn't call Bo Pelini a successful Nebraska coach when by his own definition he hasn't been successful here.

And I find it odd you're so hard on a kid who committed the hell worthy trespass of having a 52% completion rate when he is a major factor in the fact if Bo Pelini being employed here.

And yes, I remember all those times where I said I hope Nebraska loses. I thought it was painfully obvious that I don't like it they lose as much as they do. Weird. Maybe I should post more.

Probably shouldn't call Bo Pelini a successful Nebraska coach when by his own definition he hasn't been successful here.

And I find it odd you're so hard on a kid who committed the hell worthy trespass of having a 52% completion rate when he is a major factor in the fact if Bo Pelini being employed here.

And yes, I remember all those times where I said I hope Nebraska loses. I thought it was painfully obvious that I don't like it they lose as much as they do. Weird. Maybe I should post more.

He wins more than he loses, that's success with room for improvement. You and I have a fundamental disagreement on whether or not he will improve. To me, he is a successful coach. Until he proves otherwise (by having a losing season), I will call him successful.

And as for the last point, I'll take you at your word that you honestly want a Pelini lead Nebraska to win. I am an optimist after all, and maybe you aren't the person I think you are. Maybe I just misconstrued what you've said, and lumped you in with the 4 jackholes that voted yes in the Sacrifice thread.

While we're on the subject of things someone said or didn't say, please tell me how pointing out a real flaw in a football player is being "so hard"? Am I calling for them to pull his scholarship? No. Am I calling for them to remove him as starter? No. Hmm... what did I say? I wish there was some way I could quote my exact words.... oh yeah!

I don't expect him to be as good as Martinez, but I also don't expect him to be as divisive.

Armstrong will be a successful QB if he can figure out how to limit his turnovers (a huge downside of his) and use his legs to extend plays. We don't need a QB that is the fastest guy in the field if we can get a 2009 level defense out there. We will need a game manager. I just hope he worked on accuracy during the offseason. It's not fun watching him constantly make bad throws on short passes.

Wow, you're right. I was being really harsh there. :sarcasm I thought I was painfully obvious that I think Armstrong will be successful. Weird. Maybe I should post more. But not tonight. I have to get up for work in the morning.

I don't think it's an accident that we have a coach who's knows for outbursts and a team that appears to not get a lot of benefit of the doubt on whether or not a flag is thrown.

Don't forget that it's Bo's fault that the same crew that did this:

Also penalized Nebraska players for defending themselves after these:

But you know, it's bo's fault.

:rolleyes:

Watching these again is just shameful. The officials should be completely embarrassed by their calls. This brings so much anger back at the end of the Big XII era...I suppose that some people on here think that it is all Bo's fault for players protecting themselves and getting too aggressive.