The image of Nebraska athletics

Is it just me or is this the put up or shut up season of all seasons? Look around at that team. There's zero reason that roster of young men shouldn't go out there and kick some ass. Seriously.

I also want to go on record that I'm not a Kool aid drinking fella by any means, but I just think this might be the year we get over the hump. We just finally do it. With Armstrong at the helm, this offense will reach its full potential. With the athletes on defense, all they need is someone to coordinate their athleticism into a single unit of badass QB killing, RB slaughtering mad men.

Look at this roster and ask, where are we weak? You could say the Moss loss was huge, but really, there are some good ones coming right where Moss left. McMullen showed he's ready. I can't count that spot as a weakness, just maybe not as developed and ready, but it won't take long for that spot to be solid again. Where's the weakness on the field? There isn't any. If this team shows any struggles this year like they showed at points last year, then the weakness is on the staff, PERIOD.

• Fire 2

I often wonder if people who get told that 8 x 4 doesn't actually equal 487 reply with. "Here we go with the same tired explanations"

Because your opinions are somehow facts?

My opinion that Nebraska could be performing better are based off of some facts, that unfortunately, some don't like hearing, yes.

At least now you finally have an idea of what the word 'fact' means.

• Fire 2

I often wonder if people who get told that 8 x 4 doesn't actually equal 487 reply with. "Here we go with the same tired explanations"

My opinion that Nebraska could be performing better are based off of some facts, that unfortunately, some don't like hearing, yes.

I never thought he didn't have an idea of what facts were. Everybody likes to give their own slant on facts. Let's take a look at the turnover-win situation:

Nebraska has been near the bottom of the NCAA in turnover margin. Yet Nebraska has managed to hit 9 wins a season.

Slant A: If Nebraska could clean up its turnover margin, we could get a few more wins a year. We are so close.

Slant B: The fact that Nebraska has been near the bottom of the NCAA in turnover margin for a few years means this is a systemic issue that won't be cleaned up. We are not going to get any better and have hit our ceiling.

Everyone can twist facts to match a narrative, and neither narrative is completely correct.

I never thought he didn't have an idea of what facts were. Everybody likes to give their own slant on facts. Let's take a look at the turnover-win situation:

Nebraska has been near the bottom of the NCAA in turnover margin. Yet Nebraska has managed to hit 9 wins a season.

Slant A: If Nebraska could clean up its turnover margin, we could get a few more wins a year. We are so close.

Slant B: The fact that Nebraska has been near the bottom of the NCAA in turnover margin for a few years means this is a systemic issue that won't be cleaned up. We are not going to get any better and have hit our ceiling.

Everyone can twist facts to match a narrative, and neither narrative is completely correct.

Was referring to this:

Lol..."....facts not in dispute". I think the better, and more meaningful use of wording is "unfounded speculation". Good day LB......

There isn't a division in the fan base and Nebraska's star isn't as bright nationally? Is this what you are saying?

Was referring to this:

Lol..."....facts not in dispute". I think the better, and more meaningful use of wording is "unfounded speculation". Good day LB......

There isn't a division in the fan base and Nebraska's star isn't as bright nationally? Is this what you are saying?

That's what happens when you don't read the entire thread.

Good, we got the insults out of the way.

Good, we got the insults out of the way.

Are you Karl Hess?

• Fire 3

Is it just me or is this the put up or shut up season of all seasons? Look around at that team. There's zero reason that roster of young men shouldn't go out there and kick some ass. Seriously.

I also want to go on record that I'm not a Kool aid drinking fella by any means, but I just think this might be the year we get over the hump. We just finally do it. With Armstrong at the helm, this offense will reach its full potential. With the athletes on defense, all they need is someone to coordinate their athleticism into a single unit of badass QB killing, RB slaughtering mad men.

Look at this roster and ask, where are we weak? You could say the Moss loss was huge, but really, there are some good ones coming right where Moss left. McMullen showed he's ready. I can't count that spot as a weakness, just maybe not as developed and ready, but it won't take long for that spot to be solid again. Where's the weakness on the field? There isn't any. If this team shows any struggles this year like they showed at points last year, then the weakness is on the staff, PERIOD.

So basically what you're saying is, when a receiver looks up field before securing the ball, or rb's fumble when carrying the ball like a loaf of bread, dumb penalties, are part of the basis in which you have developed your theory that, these problems are all staff related, it's not a player trying to make a bigger play, perhaps lose concentration at critical times, or just a great athlete that sometimes chokes. Yes, these types of unforced errors (usually lack of concentration) bears fault on the players as well as the staff, the staff is beginning to develop a little depth with that the competition rises and pulling a player with stupid errors becomes an easier task when #2 is just about as good as #1. Human nature takes over, young men play with a greater intensity with another young man wanting to take his spot. Have you not noticed this with your ability to diagnose a situation and have the right solution. Sorry for the sarcasm, I just couldn't help myself, I'm not usually like that.

Not to defend a guy who voted Michigan #1 in 1997, but Lee doesn't have a definitions issue.

Lee's claim -- "___ is fact" -- could be right or wrong. He believes it's right; that's his opinion. All that falsifiability stuff, nobody's publishing a scientific theory here.

But then, saying "I believe your opinion is wrong because my understanding of the fact is a different side of the coin" doesn't come on the objectively superior ground that "you don't know the definition of 'fact'! science rigor, etc" does. I guess Lee tried for that same higher ground with his claim of indisputable, so maybe he deserved some disputing.

So if Nebraska wins the Big 10 Championship then gets beat in the Rose Bowl to the tune of 48-17 are we going to be right back here because Nebraska should be more prepared to play in the Rose Bowl with the resources here? Or if he lashes out at the fans and media in the press conference with an "I told you so" attitude does he get a pass since he won a championship, or is that still going to be unacceptable as coach of Nebraska?

Yes.

#Entitled. At least we know that the goal posts are never static.

So, Michigan Lee writes a drive by piece based on speciation and hearsay, and the #9whiners are on it like flies on sh#t. In other news, water is wet and the sun is hot.

I'm shocked it took over 12 hours for this normal piece of garbage by the Michigan man to be posted.

Why don't we end this discussion by saying that anything less than a mid 90s Osborne-esque run is not acceptable. Even then, a 96 like season should get Bo run.

So if Nebraska wins the Big 10 Championship then gets beat in the Rose Bowl to the tune of 48-17 are we going to be right back here because Nebraska should be more prepared to play in the Rose Bowl with the resources here? Or if he lashes out at the fans and media in the press conference with an "I told you so" attitude does he get a pass since he won a championship, or is that still going to be unacceptable as coach of Nebraska?

Yes.

#Entitled. At least we know that the goal posts are never static.

So, Michigan Lee writes a drive by piece based on speciation and hearsay, and the #9whiners are on it like flies on sh#t. In other news, water is wet and the sun is hot.

I'm shocked it took over 12 hours for this normal piece of garbage by the Michigan man to be posted.

Why don't we end this discussion by saying that anything less than a mid 90s Osborne-esque run is not acceptable. Even then, a 96 like season should get Bo run.

Jeeezus.

• Fire 1

expecting neb. to win the big 10 (or at least not get embarrassed regularly) is equal to expecting the '95 season? ultimate lulz.