The image of Nebraska athletics

It's unfair to expect a bcs bowl birth through six years of a head caoch's tenure?

Wait who said that?

what where you getting at with this:

Agree... because if he wins 10-11 or 12 games in a year some will just right if off as dumb luck, easy schedule, winning in spite of him...bla bla bla......

Thus,

The problem isn't Bo. The problem is people's inconsistent and unfair expectations.

It's unfair to expect a bcs bowl birth through six years of a head caoch's tenure?

Wait who said that?

what where you getting at with this:

Agree... because if he wins 10-11 or 12 games in a year some will just right if off as dumb luck, easy schedule, winning in spite of him...bla bla bla......

Thus,

The problem isn't Bo. The problem is people's inconsistent and unfair expectations.

I was getting at the reality that anyone with a negative view of the guy would point to a worse season as proof and say "See? He sucks" without leaving room for bad luck or extenuating circumstances, but would look to a better season as an outlier and come up with one or several of a myriad of excuses why that wouldn't be truly representative of his ability.

What I've commonly argued about Pelini is that his staff has so far been unable to consistently make up for talent deficiencies. We saw what Pelini was capable of when he had top NFL at all three levels of the defense. I think there's a correlation there - look at the last couple of years and the NFL talent - or lack there of.

Of only Bo was in charge of the talent who came to Nebraska......

Well, that's kind of my point. If the recruiting had been better, I think the season outcomes would have been better. But, this staff was not (and may still not) be able to make up for a lot of talent deficiencies.

What I've commonly argued about Pelini is that his staff has so far been unable to consistently make up for talent deficiencies. We saw what Pelini was capable of when he had top NFL at all three levels of the defense. I think there's a correlation there - look at the last couple of years and the NFL talent - or lack there of.

Well, that's kind of my point. If the recruiting had been better, I think the season outcomes would have been better. But, this staff was not (and may still not) be able to make up for a lot of talent deficiencies.

Good thing we're getting better recruiting classes now.

Yep those guys who haven't played for Nebraska yet sure are good.......

• Fire 2

Yep those guys who haven't played for Nebraska yet sure are good.......

I must have imagined all those freshman and sophomores we had play last year.

• Fire 2

Well you're currently crushing one who played QB on this board.....

I'm pointing to his one major flaw, accuracy, while saying I hope he improves. But I love that my comments on one player somehow reflect on the team as a whole. Of course you ignore where I say he is a good QB, and that he doesn't need to be great to do his job because of the talent we have on the defense.

But you always cherry pick to help make your argument. I can't blame you though, you can't be expected to admit you were wrong.

• Fire 1

I'm pointing to his one major flaw, accuracy, while saying I hope he improves. But I love that my comments on one player somehow reflect on the team as a whole. Of course you ignore where I say he is a good QB, and that he doesn't need to be great to do his job because of the talent we have on the defense.

But you always cherry pick to help make your argument. I can't blame you though, you can't be expected to admit you were wrong.

I just find it odd Tommy Armstrong gets half of a year for you to look to Stanton yet here's Bo in year 7......

I just find it odd Tommy Armstrong gets half of a year for you to look to Stanton yet here's Bo in year 7......

I find it odd that you compare a kid with 50% passing to a coach that wins 70% of his games. I find it odd you want to get rid of a successful coach with no real replacement, but can't understand that we have a real replacement for Armstrong if he is needed. That's right, if he is needed as I've clearly stated Armstrong is a perfectly fine QB and will do well at Nebraska. I think Stanton has more potential but I don't want him to start if he isn't ready.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again Armstrong has not proven himself yet. He has a huge accuracy problem (and I'm not the only one saying it). Bo's problem is that he gets angry sometimes? That he has never won fewer than 9 games?

I don't want Armstrong gone the way you want Pelini gone. I see Armstrong's positives and negatives, whereas you only see Pelini's negatives.

Do I criticize Armstrong? Sure but it is constructive. You aren't constructive in your criticism. You want him gone, so much so you want us to have a losing season. But sure, try to make me look like a hypocrite because I can support a team and hope for the best while admitting some faults. I'd rather be that than whatever you are.