Abdullah: Standards in program have risen

Abdullah, an All-Big Ten pick last season, said Nebraska has done very well in terms of accountability this off-season, going so far as to say, "The standards are much higher of what we're asking our guys to do. And the repercussions that come if they don't are greater than they ever have been.

"Guys are starting to understand that that's what it takes to win football games, and that's what it takes to be consistent through our season."

I think most folks have long since figured out that No. 8 is a heck of a leader. His value in that regard is through the roof.

"Everyone understands we have the potential to be a pretty good football team this year, but that potential only takes us so far," he said. "So everyone is trying to maximize the potential we have right now and set a good foundation for the coming fall."

LJS

I guess I didn't realize that the game of football required anything less.

Coaches, players, administration, fans, etc. We are all on the same team. We all need to excel at what we do.

As fans. We cheer hard and be loud in support. Degrading and complaining only opposes the process of what we're ultimately trying to achieve, and I say "we" because us as fans pay the $$ for tickets, concessions, jerseys, etc. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. If someone as a fan doesn't like whats going on, then get out.

I guess I didn't realize that the game of football required anything less.

Coaches, players, administration, fans, etc. We are all on the same team. We all need to excel at what we do.

As fans. We cheer hard and be loud in support. Degrading and complaining only opposes the process of what we're ultimately trying to achieve, and I say "we" because us as fans pay the $$ for tickets, concessions, jerseys, etc. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. If someone as a fan doesn't like whats going on, then get out.

This!!!! GBR

It's kind of sad that this is an issue. I realize it's off season, but a kids word should be good, don't be late, show up, work hard.

It's realy not that these kids are lazy or don't want to do the work needed, most of them just don't know how much it realy takes to be a great college football player.

Most of these guys have been so far above their peers athletically that even though they think they are working hard, it takes them a while to realize they can actual give a lot more.

Nebraska is finally getting to the point where they have enough depth that there is some real competition at some positions for playing time. Players are starting to push each other because of this and that improves the overall team.

Nebraska in the 90's was realy so good because of the competition to just get on the field.