Spring Game (Over)Reaction Thread

Stanton looked legit. Fyfe was hitting receivers and running the ball really well. If Armstrong is the starter, we have great depth at QB which is a load off my mind.

1st team defense was stout.

Yeah but, spring game. Carnes looked better than Martinez in a spring game, and we still had no depth.

edit: my bad, it's a (over)reaction thread. Carry on. :lol:

No fumbles, good solid tackling. Great to see. Impressed with the desire to hit out there. If we hit the other guys the same way we seemed to want to lay into each other, we will knock some helmets off.

Stanton very good. QB controversy? Possible. They'll push each other for sure. Imani Cross, the real deal, but we already knew that. He's better than he gets credit for, I will say that. Newby can make a move and run around everyone out there. Man that guy is a smooth flowing runner.

Jack Gangwish? Haven't heard of him much, til now. That guy was everywhere. The Newby experiment at DE would be awesome to see. It was neat looking today. Banderas and Zaire Anderson really athletic and talented. Banderas can run with the ball too and doesn't. Like to be tackled lol. Good hitting.

Hard to judge much but for the hard hitting going on, like I said, no fumbles is a damn good thing to see.

• Fire 1

We had no depth because Carnes never got any game reps. Or any qb for 3 years while Martinez was here tbh.

Cody Green played in 9 games, started 2

Zac Lee played in 6 games.

Carnes played in 3 games.

Ron Kellogg played in 4 games.

Skipping this because of TM's injury forces back-ups into playing time.

Looking at who we had behind TM, to me, QB depth the last few years has been more about true lack of depth rather than playing time.

In 2014, we will have four QBs on scholarship and one walk-on. Still, depth might be an issue with only one having any game time experience, but Armstrong, Stanton, and Fyfe all look like they could run this offense, not all equally well and would have to rely on play calling to accentuate their own strengths and of course our RB core.

• Fire 2

We had no depth because Carnes never got any game reps. Or any qb for 3 years while Martinez was here tbh.

We had no depth because none of the QB's we had behind TM were good.

There's all kinds of "bad" qb's that get put in in garbage time against wachafiki state.

We did put them in. Carnes, Green, and Kellogg all got snaps when we could afford to put them in. We played alot of close games the past couple years too.

We had no depth because none of the QB's we had behind TM were good.

There's all kinds of "bad" qb's that get put in in garbage time against wachafiki state.

We did put them in. Carnes, Green, and Kellogg all got snaps when we could afford to put them in. We played alot of close games the past couple years too.

That's true