Spring Game (Over)Reaction Thread

Pretty sure Fyfe's 11 play 70 yard drive was against the 1st team D

Nope.

You sure about that?

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 17h

Fyfe directs 11-play, 70-yard TD drive against top-unit defense.

Yes, I'm sure. Sipple's comments here are factually incorrect.

It's on film for everyone to see.

The World-Herald said today, "Fyfe, a walk-on from Grand Island, also directed a TD drive against a very tired first team defense."

The World-Herald said today, "Fyfe, a walk-on from Grand Island, also directed a TD drive against a very tired first team defense."

We're talking about the second series of the practice, yes?

The one where Valentine, Gregory, McMullen, Collins/Curry, Mitchell, Gerry, ect were all on the bench, right?

Or are we talking about another series?

• Fire 2

The one where Valentine, Gregory, McMullen, Collins/Curry, Mitchell, Gerry, ect were all on the bench, right?

No. It was later in the game. He didn't throw a TD pass on the drive in question, just was playing QB during it. I am not saying he is God's gift to QB play at all, just giving him his due as this will probably be the highlight of his Nebraska career.

Okay, just saw the one the Weird Harold was taking about. It was during a segment where they were more focused on Bell and Abdullah on the sideline.

That's not the one Sipple was talking about though, that explains the confusion. Good on Fyfe. I guess he really is ahead of Stanton, got the bulk of the 2nd team snaps, and even some first team snaps.

Okay, just saw the one the Weird Harold was taking about. It was during a segment where they were more focused on Bell and Abdullah on the sideline.

That's not the one Sipple was talking about though, that explains the confusion. Good on Fyfe. I guess he really is ahead of Stanton, got the bulk of the 2nd team snaps, and even some first team snaps.

Both Fyfe and Stanton looked really solid yesterday - I'm wondering and also hearing some vague allusions to the idea that Johnny might not be 100% healthy. I thought it was weird that Fyfe, Broekmeier, and I think Darlington too all got series before he was out there for his first one. Who knows.

Both Fyfe and Stanton looked really solid yesterday - I'm wondering and also hearing some vague allusions to the idea that Johnny might not be 100% healthy. I thought it was weird that Fyfe, Broekmeier, and I think Darlington too all got series before he was out there for his first one. Who knows.

Well he did have a pretty serious knee procedure, not unreasonable to assume that.

I thought that was weird as well that Broekmeier came out before Stanton and thought that maybe he got hurt and I missed that bit of news. Then he started playing and played quite a bit, definitely more than Broekmeier, so color me confused as well. I thought Riker and Johnny both looked good, but they didn't face the 1's very much, not sure Johnny did at all actually. That top D is pretty salty and the run game will be salty as usual as well. Lots to like. Need TA to progress more though.

I am not saying he is God's gift to QB play at all, just giving him his due as this will probably be the highlight of his Nebraska career.

I wouldn't say that just yet. The way it stands now, all it would take is a simple injury to Armstrong in the fall-- not a preposterous idea by any means considering his option workload-- to thrust Fyfe into the starting lineup, sink or swim.